Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Two days ago, I received a notification that Power up 1.6.0 was installed. Today I got another notification that Power Up 1.4.0 has been installed.

Anyone else seen this before?
I have worked in software before, and I know that implementing downgrades of software is tricky. Hopefully that isn't what has happened here.
Sponsored

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
I never got 1.4.0 but did get 1.6.0, so after hearing your experience, I can only assume these Power Ups are standalone and not cumulative. Maybe I will get 1.4.0 soon too.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
There isn't just one software version that changed, so getting 1.4.0 after 1.6.0 shouldn't be an issue. 1.6.0 updated the gateway module, 1.4.0 added a feature and updated various modules.

The numbers given to these power up is basically to appease the people who want to know "did I get this OTA or that... Where is my OTA... I was promised OTAs'.

Anyway, my guess is it's fine.

J_doughnut

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
Two days ago, I received a notification that Power up 1.6.0 was installed. Today I got another notification that Power Up 1.4.0 has been installed.

I have worked in software before, and I know that implementing downgrades of software is tricky. Hopefully that isn't what has happened here.
Yes, I just received 1.4.0 after 1.6.0 and had the same thought / confusion as you.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Might you check the bezel diagnostics and see the rev level for your VMCU and AP Bootloader under ECG diagnostics. I had AKB on power up 1.4.0 to AKE on 1.6.0

CarsIMBwife

First Name
Rosie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired Data Analyst
Country flag

Same here. Although I install manually. Sounds like your update did no harm? I’ll wait until tomorrow to do the install, just to be on the safe side :D

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I also just had 1.4.0 installed today, after 1.6.0 installed a few days ago (May 2021 build date). No apparent issues, and it looks like the powerups are not true version numbers anyway (1.4 and 1.6 update different things, they just came out at different times).

OP
OP

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@JCHLi , I can't seem to trigger the bezel diag. It's Vol down + Prev Track, right (for 10secs)? Or are there additional secret incantations?

Wedway88

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e select
Country flag

Same here, before that happened tonight to me it seemed that wireless apple car play had been launching faster, now it’s slow again

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
@JCHLi , I can't seem to trigger the bezel diag. It's Vol down + Prev Track, right (for 10secs)? Or are there additional secret incantations?
You also need to dance naked beneath a full moon, with a picture of Elon’s face where Adam and Eve wore their fig leaves.

if you want FSD, you have to have the pictures facing your body. ???

for legal reasons, this is a joke.

OP
OP

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Might you check the bezel diagnostics and see the rev level for your VMCU and AP Bootloader under ECG diagnostics. I had AKB on power up 1.4.0 to AKE on 1.6.0
Powering on the radio worked.

VMCU and AP Bootloader part numbers both end in -AKE.
( Should've taken pics post 1.6.0, to see what 1.4.0 over rides)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
You also need to dance naked beneath a full moon, with a picture of Elon’s face where Adam and Eve wore their fig leaves.

if you want FSD, you have to have the pictures facing your body. ???

for legal reasons, this is a joke.
What if you make a blood oath to conduct an annual pilgrimage to Fremont?
Sponsored