Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
wow sorry to hear I got 3 OTA updates since I got the car about 4 months ago .. still waiting for my BlueCruise update ..
You didn’t get it yet? ?

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Some updates are wifi required. The 3 GWM updates said yes under wifi required. The TCU update did not require wifi (power up 1.4).
It seems like my GWM updates are saying wifi not required, which makes the situation even stranger as to why it's not downloading anything.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
It seems like my GWM updates are saying wifi not required, which makes the situation even stranger as to why it's not downloading anything.
Send me your VIN and let me take a look?

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
These updates seem to have gone through without scheduling or wifi. Some updates may require scheduling (based on size or scope). Wifi may be a determining factor in how soon you get it, but does not seem to be required.

I think being plugged in might be the biggest factor so far (to ensure you have enough 12v battery change) before, during and after the update.

All this is just opinion based on anecdotal data so take it for what it is worth.
I don’t know if this will help but I schedule update to be for Saturday night and I park the MME next to the house so it gets very strong WiFi levels .. don’t know if that is the reason I have gotten 4 updates thus far ... I am still waiting for 1.6 .. and I know I recently got 1.4 but just want to have the latest update already!

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You didn’t get it yet? ?
Intelligent cruise works so well that I can’t wait to get the blueCruise update .. true hands free driving on long road trips would go along way!

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Intelligent cruise works so well that I can’t wait to get the blueCruise update .. true hands free driving on long road trips would go along way!
IACC hit a bit of a blip today, twice for me. I was driving on a freeway at 70 parallel to a rural road with a 25 MPH speed sign and my Mach-E slammed on the brakes and displayed 25 MPH in the cruise setting. I had a Semi with a 38 foot trailer following me at about 8 car lengths when it happened. That gap shrunk quick! The second time it did it with a 40 MPH road.

I reported this to my Ford SUV Rep today and she turn it over to the safety review team.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
IACC hit a bit of a blip today, twice for me. I was driving on a freeway at 70 parallel to a rural road with a 25 MPH speed sign and my Mach-E slammed on the brakes and displayed 25 MPH in the cruise setting. I had a Semi with a 38 foot trailer following me at about 8 car lengths when it happened. That gap shrunk quick! The second time it did it with a 40 MPH road.

I reported this to my Ford SUV Rep today and she turn it over to the safety review team.
I've liked it, too. But agree the deceleration is abrupt. Haven't had that extreme a speed difference but it was very noticeable in the cabin and had me checking the mirror worried about getting rear-ended.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've liked it, too. But agree the deceleration is abrupt. Haven't had that extreme a speed difference but it was very noticeable in the cabin and had me checking the mirror worried about getting rear-ended.
I also mentioned that the decel with merging traffic could be a little less aggressive. I'm going send some dash cam recordings to my rep so she can forward those to the correct team and they can better identify the conditions.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Wow never had that issue, however I set my Cruise speed to 5 over .. this way if the speed drops too low it would not be that crazy .. similar issue in my Tesla model 3, and it’s not really an issue if the speed limit of that road actually change to that speed .. but yeah you can set it to 15 over as well .. when the speed changes it will go to the max over .. but yeah when driving in construction area I normally don’t use it .. but yeah it’s been great for me ..

Just two things to avoid in my experience .. don’t use it in construction area and roads with very sharp turns .. also set it for 5 mph over .. and it’s been great!

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I keep getting the “try again soon” message on my FordPass for an update that has failed. Just had it 2 hours ago. I thought I had the latest revision. Is there anywhere else to check?

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just got the Ford Power-Up 1.6 update today via an OTA. This is my 4th OTA update. I don't know if it updated anything else.