JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I tried that on day 1 and it doesn't work. Are you saying that it worked for you before your SXM trial expired?
No. I used to work for SXM and that was the UI edict going forward (about 4 years ago now).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
No. I used to work for SXM and that was the UI edict going forward (about 4 years ago now).
Ah. Well, apparently Ford didn't follow that edict. As I said, it's worked fine in every other car I've had for years.

Can somebody who has gotten the update try to hold in the skip-back button while on a SXM channel to see if it rewinds now? Hopefully, the omission was just a bug and not by design.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Note that in SXM UI tap "back" to skip back and hold "back" to rewind. If you don't know about that then you don't know if rewind works or not.

In addition I believe continuing to hold down "back" will make rewind go faster and faster.

Note that "forward" should also work that way.

I let SXM expire on my Mach-E so can't really test it (unless I want to listen to the barker channel).

lifetime subscription, I'll give that a try this afternoon on the way home.

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
How did you try to do that?
When I went into the System updates under settings, I think hitting the down arrow on the last setting initiated a "Checking for updates" and then it would say "Your system is up to date" or something like that.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
When I went into the System updates under settings, I think hitting the down arrow on the last setting initiated a "Checking for updates" and then it would say "Your system is up to date" or something like that.
Mine showed up to date until the files were done downloading. After the files were downloaded, the screen showed 1.7.1, but it hadn't actually applied the updates yet. I shut the car off and about 5 minutes later the system was fully updated.

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
Mine showed up to date until the files were done downloading. After the files were downloaded, the screen showed 1.7.1, but it hadn't actually applied the updates yet. I shut the car off and about 5 minutes later the system was fully updated.
What screen actually showed you 1.71? I couldn't find that last night. Thanks.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
I tried to force an update last night unsuccessfully so I changed my "Auto update" timeframe to this morning at 1am and I woke up to the successful update message.

Not sure if that's just a coincidence or if it has to come through the weekly scheduled update process???
I tried the same thing by adjusting the schedule and it didn't help. Still waiting...

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
People who have it need to start sharing what's changed what's fixed, things that they won't show in the release notes.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Off topic (kinda) but who's job was it to check trial subscription eligibility? The VW GTI that I sold last month was 5 years old and the SXM trial never expired, and I was never charged. I sold that car with it still having SXM enabled and working perfectly when it was only supposed to be for 6 months.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Well this is funny.

My GT has 21180 revision 176. July build with August 9th release date....

So why is Ford OTAing not the latest software to other APIMs? Weird.

PTS says no wifi required but I'm 99% sure this one is going to be wifi required. That sounds really expensive for Ford to download a 7.88gb update over cell for all of these cars.

Also everyone keep in mind Ford seems to take like nearly a month to roll out OTAs to everyone so you may be waiting.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
My guess is that it's because this update has been just sitting ready to go for a LONG while
Oh yeah I'm sure this is it, but it is just odd how conservative they are. Especially with APIM updates. Sync 3 does OTAs almost immediately now. A new version releases and my truck is downloading it within a week. My truck has had like 10 OTA Sync 3 updates this year. Honestly kind of crazy how many updates Sync 3 gets considering how solid it is now.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
People who have it need to start sharing what's changed what's fixed, things that they won't show in the release notes.
Check the first post. I've been updating it with things as they are discovered.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Frunk button now shows in the sync screen. No Frunk button in the app yet, as the modules still haven't updated to enable that. Button is still not functional until the other modules get their update to enable it. Fordpass does not show the button yet either.
Interestingly, the Frunk button that appeared in the FordPass app after I got modules updated at the dealer has now vanished. I haven't gotten the Power Up yet, so I'm guessing this was done server-side.
Sponsored