Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
So my question is this, do others see their cars stay WiFi connected for extended periods or is this just battery protection kicking in on my car and disconnecting the WiFi?
Mine normally connects for a few minutes, does whatever it needs to do, and then disconnects.
Sponsored

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
Hoping this might be my first OTA, is there anyway to force it to download?

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Mine normally connects for a few minutes, does whatever it needs to do, and then disconnects.
Thanks. It appears maybe this is by design then. To rule out sleep behavior, I plugged the car in to L2. It immediately connected and after a few minutes it still disconnected even though it was charging via L2. Kind of makes sense since WiFi can be quite a draw when there's low/no signal. I guess that means the car is likely going to try to do it's thing every time I park but not in between.

burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
What’s the point of saying “Checking for Updates” if it just ends up telling me 1.6.0 is up to date?!? I swear, Ford.

Reactions: ARK

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
What’s the point of saying “Checking for Updates” if it just ends up telling me 1.6.0 is up to date?!? I swear, Ford.
Because it’s checking and 1.6 IS up to date for your vehicle. OTAs don’t go out to everyone at once.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Thanks. It appears maybe this is by design then. To rule out sleep behavior, I plugged the car in to L2. It immediately connected and after a few minutes it still disconnected even though it was charging via L2. Kind of makes sense since WiFi can be quite a draw when there's low/no signal. I guess that means the car is likely going to try to do it's thing every time I park but not in between.
This is an average day for my cars connectivity.

Ford Mustang Mach-E [OTA] 1.7.1 Appears to be incoming 20210929_152054

burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
Because it’s checking and 1.6 IS up to date for your vehicle. OTAs don’t go out to everyone at once.
I get that, but just don’t tell me you’re checking. Just show me the current version if my car isn’t eligible yet.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I get that, but just don’t tell me you’re checking. Just show me the current version if my car isn’t eligible yet.
That doesn’t make sense, if it did that everyone would say there is no way to check for updates lol.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Hoping this might be my first OTA, is there anyway to force it to download?
Sadly no... It's not set up like an app update. Ford has to specifically send it to YOUR car.

Based on what I'm seeing here, it looks like so far it's only gone out to November/December 2020 built cars?

wings2063

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT-Line /Mache Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired
Sadly no... It's not set up like an app update. Ford has to specifically send it to YOUR car.

Based on what I'm seeing here, it looks like so far it's only gone out to November/December 2020 built cars?
My car is a Dec 2020 build and nothing has come across.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
My car is a Dec 2020 build and nothing has come across.
Me too. Got a day trip tomorrow with 5 or 6 hours in the car so hoping to wake up and find that OTA Santa has come.

MorsRedigo

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mache
Country flag
had a large spike of ~ 11 MB yesterday which usually indicates a update is coming to my car. But we will see, no further large downloads yet. I have a 4000km road trip on sat so some updates would be appreciated. Ill keep people posted of course, as well since I am one of those crazy canucks .

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Looks like they fixed the Ambient lighting page to reflect the missing lights in the back.

Ford Mustang Mach-E [OTA] 1.7.1 Appears to be incoming 20210930_210325

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
I have the ota scheduled on the car, but it says it is unscheduled on the FordPass app. Just another great flaw of the app, or is it a problem on my end?
This is just a flaw. If it is set in the car, it stays set. Not sure why you can’t set things like that from the app…maybe one day. Now whether that schedule actually does anything…..I have no clue lol
Sponsored