Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
This was there before.. pretty handy, right?
I never saw this in the past. Always thought it was inconvenient that I had to have Android auto in the foreground to get any message alert. I'll have to test it out now after this latest update.
Sponsored

burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
I thought for sure I’d been updated when the Frunk button in my app randomly vanished. Nope, still on 1.6.0. Guess they just decided to mess with me.

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
are the vehicles that are receiving the updates on a "pre-condition" schedule? most times ours is unplugged it just goes to sleep until we go somewhere. Guessing the "pre-conditioning" allows the car to wake up and use wall-power to communicate with the mother-ship.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
are the vehicles that are receiving the updates on a "pre-condition" schedule? most times ours is unplugged it just goes to sleep until we go somewhere. Guessing the "pre-conditioning" allows the car to wake up and use wall-power to communicate with the mother-ship.
I do have a departure time schedule set, but the 1.7.1 update was downloading way outside of the departure time.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
at this rate I expect this update to come to me just in time for the '23 models.
When 1.4.0 released it was 2 months before my car got any updates. It definitely was not fast.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I never saw this in the past. Always thought it was inconvenient that I had to have Android auto in the foreground to get any message alert. I'll have to test it out now after this latest update.
I'm thinking maybe my early build might not have included this, while most of the cars built this year have the slightly newer Sync version that had this. Mine definitely hadn't done this in the past. The build my car came with was from like October 2020.

This is why I was using AA almost 100% of the time.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I do not have any pre-conditioning or anything setup. Just a charging schedule for overnight. This update did mess up my saved locations and had to delete and re-add to get it to respect them.

The car will wake up and check in every so often for a few seconds. A few posts back I showed a log of the last 5 times it connected to my wifi on an average day.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Well, I don’t know if my update happened yet, but the frunk button in my app just disappeared…
My frunk button has vanished from the app too. It seems to be a server-side change.

A new one I have is my front AND back windshield wiper sometimes does a swipe when I start the car. Courtesy wipe is disabled.
Courtesy wipe makes it wipe one more time after spraying the windshield with washer fluid. It has nothing to do with the erroneous wipe when starting the car. To stop that, just turn off auto wipers. Turn it back on when it starts to rain.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
It has nothing to do with the erroneous wipe when starting the car. To stop that, just turn off auto wipers. Turn it back on when it starts to rain.
Awe man... Does that mean we have to call them semi-automatic wipers?
At least we have an actual stalk to control them ?

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Courtesy wipe makes it wipe one more time after spraying the windshield with washer fluid. It has nothing to do with the erroneous wipe when starting the car. To stop that, just turn off auto wipers. Turn it back on when it starts to rain.
I haven't noticed it in this car yet, but my 2019 Edge had a menu option to do a rear wiper wipe when you put the car in reverse so that as you back up you had a clear window. I think it only did that if the front wipers detected rain as well.