generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I haven't noticed it in this car yet, but my 2019 Edge had a menu option to do a rear wiper wipe when you put the car in reverse so that as you back up you had a clear window. I think it only did that if the front wipers detected rain as well.
Yeah, you can turn that on in the MME as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This version And adds CarPlay navigation directions to the Cluster display behind the steering wheel.

Last edited:

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
I'm thinking maybe my early build might not have included this, while most of the cars built this year have the slightly newer Sync version that had this. Mine definitely hadn't done this in the past. The build my car came with was from like October 2020.

This is why I was using AA almost 100% of the time.
Note sure. I have a Nov 2020 build

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag

Canchino77

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
My late June build has received no update and don't have securealert yet... I expect I'm in for a LONG wait. On the positive side, I HAVE my MME... Can't argue too much!
Same boat....I decided to reach out to Ford customer service this morning who put me in touch with the "OTA" department. Apparently my car has no updates pending even though I don't even have 1.4... No next steps given, just "my screen says your car is up to date" lol

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
This new OTA also brings CarPlay ability to use the full screen when you minimize the app tiles on the screen. And adds CarPlay navigation directions to the Cluster display behind the steering wheel.

Android Auto will not go full screen yet. It still just shows the blank area when you minimize the tiles.
Photo of full screen?!?

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
Same boat....I decided to reach out to Ford customer service this morning who put me in touch with the "OTA" department. Apparently my car has no updates pending even though I don't even have 1.4... No next steps given, just "my screen says your car is up to date" lol
Me too. June '21 build date.

burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
Yessss this is all I’ve been waiting on. Hopefully my car gets it before June.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
This new OTA also brings CarPlay ability to use the full screen when you minimize the app tiles on the screen. And adds CarPlay navigation directions to the Cluster display behind the steering wheel.

Android Auto will not go full screen yet. It still just shows the blank area when you minimize the tiles.
That's a big deal, in my opinion. Big screen Apple Carplay will be so nice to have! Bummer the IPC won't show Google Maps, only Apple Maps. Perhaps that's a Google Maps-side thing they need to enable in Carplay.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That's a big deal, in my opinion. Big screen Apple Carplay will be so nice to have! Bummer the IPC won't show Google Maps, only Apple Maps. Perhaps that's a Google Maps-side thing they need to enable in Carplay.
I suspect its actually an Apple limitation. They need to give you a reason to use their software instead of a competitors.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I suspect its actually an Apple limitation. They need to give you a reason to use their software instead of a competitors.
That would be surprising since they opened up other mapping apps (like Google and Waze) to use the "dashboard" feature in Apple Carplay (it's the first homescreen). But yeah, I guess it's possible it's a Carplay limitation, hopefully will get enabled in the future.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Agreed... On AA IPC directions work with all apps... So I'd guess it's apple
Sponsored