Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 21, VW Atlas, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
Country flag
I noticed I cannot go into the diagnostic screen anymore,
it has now an X to close apps,
my welcome lights did not work any more at the first attempt and
it did a wipe on the wind shield wiper when I started up the first time (auto wipes off)

I was not able to find profile settings on fords website or on fordpass. Anybody else?

This all happened since the update, other then that pretty much same what everyone else mentioned in this thread
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tim_C

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
You can do that? What’s the key you hold?
According to an earlier post:
"Use your vehicle’s entry keypad by entering the factory-set code or your personal code, then press 7-8 within five seconds."

The earlier post has a link to a Ford website page that doesn't mention the frunk, so maybe things have changed.

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
After 2 days at the dealer and updating (not 1.7 unfortunately) my FordPass that used to have the Frunk button (it didn't do anything) is now missing. On the fun side, I enabled the FordPass skill on Alexa and I'm testing that now.

Boxman74

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E premium Awd LR
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I took a look to see if the update was available on FDRS (the 1.6 update was indeed a GWM update; after the 1.6 was pushed OTA, the GWM wasn't listed as a module needed an update).

Anyway, sadly I only have these two showing as updates:

1633140747837.png

Interestingly, and I didn't quite realize this earlier, I can check any number of VINs for updates without needing specific vehicle, feel free to PM me. My license is only valid for 48 hours from the time of this post, though.
Mine's been that way since day one too
Someone asked me today about the car vs

Thanks for the look up, any tips to get these updated at the dealer… paak complaint maybe

27BC2D2D-C8C2-4056-A213-3E8B30597654.png

Jamie543

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
Have any of you that are getting this had the PaaK update performed by your dealer? I don't think it would prevent the OTA, but it was on my mind.
I'm wondering this too as I dont have an update yet.

Jamie543

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
I’m seething with jealousy. JEALOUSY, I SAY. I don’t even have 1.4 or 1.6 or certainly not seeing 1.7.1. Nothing. Nada. Full wi-fi connection to car. Connected services are on. Automatic updates are on. NOTHING.

I’d go cry about it, but the people in the grumpy thread would rightfully take off my head.
I can't even tell what version I'm using so I think that means it's old!

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
"Use your vehicle’s entry keypad by entering the factory-set code or your personal code, then press 7-8 within five seconds."

The earlier post has a link to a Ford website page that doesn't mention the frunk, so maybe things have changed.
I’ll have to try it. I assume that only works after the hardware has Ben updated to enable it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

I don't think that post was accurate because it also says you can do it by pressing the trunk button on the fob twice. But that would just open the trunk, not the frunk.

But I do remember a post that had a quote from Ford with different electronic ways to open the frunk that were coming, and that said you could hold one of the number buttons on the door. I'll try to find it.

EDIT: Found it. The Q3 part didn't age well. Not sure if "suppression" means holding in the 7-8 button or pressing it after entering your code. Can somebody with a GT try it?

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...es-early-access-program-for-ota-updates.5620/

The next Ford software update, currently planned for Q3 2021, can expect the following additions:

• Front trunk release soft button added to center stack touchscreen
  • Front trunk release button added to FordPass app
  • Front trunk release via 7/8 button suppression on driver door
    keypad
  • In-front-trunk release button functional

Last edited:

HOFMACHFE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt 2017, Mustang Mach E FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
Weird behaviour this morning. Before I took my car for a quick drive, I checked for updates and the the main screen turned off. I then figured I would drive anyway and started to back-up, the rear camera was working on and off for a few seconds and then the main screen rebooted. This has never happened to me before.

Now I just noticed the TCU being connected longer than usual but it’s now disconnected. Anyone else noticed something like that? Precursor to the update download/installation?
My MME FE did exactly the same thing on October 1st in the morning when I started the car. I turned it off and on again a few times but the screen remained black. So I drove to work and turned off the car. I went back out to the car 15 minutes later and the screen worked. I guess leaving it off for a while must have solved the problem. I am still on the 1.6 version - no updated yet.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
My MME FE did exactly the same thing on October 1st in the morning when I started the car. I turned it off and on again a few times but the screen remained black. So I drove to work and turned off the car. I went back out to the car 15 minutes later and the screen worked. I guess leaving it off for a while must have solved the problem. I am still on the 1.6 version - no updated yet.
Next time try the magic control-alt-delete keypress to reboot Sync:
Ford Mustang Mach-E [OTA] 1.7.1 Appears to be incoming 1633264190387

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 21, VW Atlas, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
Country flag
Here how to reboot the screen

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
How can I know what version my car has?
Unfortunately you can’t easily. There are many different modules, all running different software. The easiest way is to check for updates and it will tell you what that last update was that was installed. For most of us that’s 1.4 or 1.6. If you got your car recently it will just say “up to date”
Sponsored