mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
The 1.4 update was the TCU update. So it's expected if you haven't gotten 1.4, that it would show a newer version of the TCU.
A ha! Knowledge from someone who knows things. Thanks! That makes a lot of sense actually.
Sponsored

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Based on other reports, and personal experience, if you have SecuriAlert your car has received 1.4. Ford not sending these OTAs sequentially may be why you are not seeing a version number. In the past @breeves002 has been willing and able to check if cars have pending updates. You might try contacting him.

I got 1.6 followed by 1.4 in august, no securialert from either. Dont really care about it since I hear its a pain, but i just hope i get the 1.7 updates when i get that one.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Non-forum users don't know about any of this stuff. If we weren't on here reading about other people's cars getting updates we would have no idea they exist. They would show up on our cars in due course as they already do and we would just think 'cool. a new update'. Since we're here some of us get all worked up that they aren't getting their updates as soon as everyone else.
As far as BC, it's only slightly late based on the Q3 deadline. A lot of people are confused by fractions and don't even know when Q3 is. They likely heard that it's coming out 'this fall'. Well we've still got a lot of fall left.
PaaK is a bit of a wild card. The people on here that hate it are certainly very vocal. Most of us that it works pretty well for don't say much. I'm not sure how that translates into the owner population.
If this Forum didn’t exist, I’d still be experiencing the same bugs, and I’d still be bugging Ford about them. Ford would still be blowing smoke about when I can expect the OTA update that will fix them (first Q2, then Q3, now ???). And I’d be wondering the same thing about BlueCruise availability.

Now you’re right, this Forum has informed me of a few things that make me slightly more pissy: knowing that at least a handful of folks have received the update I was personally promised by September, and knowing that GTs are rolling off the line with BC. Basically, this forum has confirmed what I would have already suspected: that Ford OTA is currently hot steaming garbage.

But let’s not drag the Forum into this….

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe we should hire a bot farm to DDOS Ford with an imbedded message "Checking for Updates" from 500,000 clients. Maybe that will get the message across that they need to step it up.

But probably not. They are after all hiring people from Tesla and Apple to help make Ford Apple first. Screw everyone else.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
My mach e bugs have gotten worse over the months through 1.6, not better. The sync 4 system is flakey as hell. This update can't come soon enough.
This update doesn’t appear to be coming, period. There’s something broken at Ford.

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
Yup, still waiting as well. The dealer tech said it is all updated and that 1.7 is an OTA. I asked why I haven't received any in almost 6 months. He claims I received a small one in July. News to me.

I traded in my Note 10 for iPhone 13 Pro, and that has helped with PAAK. Not perfect, but better. Now I find CarPlay's music app is draining my battery to the tune of 80%. I'm trying to turn that battery sucker off. Does the update help with that?

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Nothing here for me as well. I have a June 2021 build.
I have a late April build and it took me about 6 weeks to get the previous updates. So I’m hoping around the end of the month.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
So I've breezed through the 25 pages of this thread on an OTA update (!) and I'm of the opinion that there's nothing I need to specifically say or ask my dealer to do before my GTPE is delivered next-week-ish to ensure it's on the latest software. I think the PDI stage is where I could have them update anything else for free that might otherwise perhaps not be mandatory as the car is already plugged in anyhow.

Am I correct in my assumption here that a fresh GTPE built in August probably already will have 17.1 + other latest module updates from these OTAs?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
So I've breezed through the 25 pages of this thread on an OTA update (!) and I'm of the opinion that there's nothing I need to specifically say or ask my dealer to do before my GTPE is delivered next-week-ish to ensure it's on the latest software. I think the PDI stage is where I could have them update anything else for free that might otherwise perhaps not be mandatory as the car is already plugged in anyhow.

Am I correct in my assumption here that a fresh GTPE built in August probably already will have 17.1 + other latest module updates from these OTAs?
I think so, so there is a way to get the updates after all. Buy a new car! :eek:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

so far the information on the forum is that the GT / GT PE are shipping with slightly newer software than 1.7.1 and with BlueCruise. So I believe you're correct.