Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
They won't all take this long of a rollout. This is the first major OTA they are pushing. So things are going very slow, and they are testing things in each wave. OTA's will get faster in the future.

The APIM (infotainment) updates will likely be one of the biggest updates that will get pushed down. While it may seem simple to most, this is actually a big update.

I also suspect the reason they are using Early Access customers first, is that part of signing up to that program probably agreed to open up higher level logging to Ford.
that's certainly the hope.

I'm not sure we know about the future but I think it's fair to bet on it being better. (*)

I'd also hope that there's at least one more major APIM update after this one given what folks seem to be requesting versus what we are getting. (for example, a lot of folks [not me] very much want something like Netflix in there...)

(*) "it can't be worse!"
Sponsored

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
It would be interesting to know what learnings Ford gains from this rollout experience. Would be great if they shared information on how the real world usage compares to their design and testing and how owners might change our habits. Even though my car is garage stored, I'm seeing in the Ford Pass App the car reporting it is going to sleep as the temperatures get colder. I would like to know how this factors into the ability to receive updates. My assumption is it can't be good. I don't plug the car in every night as a general habit. I suspect they may have assumed that most people will. Probably a reason there is so much attention to scheduling charging, in addition to TOU rates. If battery conservation programming limits the ability to get the update that would be a bummer. If I knew for certain the update was coming, I would certainly plug it in more frequently, if I knew something was eminent.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The car is going to sleep because the software is flawed. Mine has been going to sleep from day 1... When plugged in, it should not be going to sleep.

IMO, the OTA update was stopped because of a new hire at Ford halting it. The fault here is in the lack of communication. Ford gets tied up in department BS and legal. Just come out and say "we're temporarily halted the latest OTA update, and expect to send it out in the next XX weeks."

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think mine may be downloading it. I haven’t seen any Wi-Fi activity from the mache in the last month until today where it has downloaded 0.8gb so far. I know it would need to get a bunch more for the full update.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
My 1.7.1 is supposed to come sometime tomorrow. Hoping it cleans a few bugs up!!!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
The car is going to sleep because the software is flawed. Mine has been going to sleep from day 1... When plugged in, it should not be going to sleep.

IMO, the OTA update was stopped because of a new hire at Ford halting it. The fault here is in the lack of communication. Ford gets tied up in department BS and legal. Just come out and say "we're temporarily halted the latest OTA update, and expect to send it out in the next XX weeks."
None of what you're saying makes any sense at all. It hasn't been halted, its being ROLLED OUT as many people have stated. The car is supposed to go to sleep... or else you'd be draining the battery. The car doesn't know if it is going to be off for 2 hours or 2 months... it can't just stay on, even if being charged as that is costing people money. All it has to do is phone home once a day or every 12 hours and that's it. No need for it to just be on full standby 24/7.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
None of what you're saying makes any sense at all. It hasn't been halted, its being ROLLED OUT as many people have stated. The car is supposed to go to sleep... or else you'd be draining the battery. The car doesn't know if it is going to be off for 2 hours or 2 months... it can't just stay on, even if being charged as that is costing people money. All it has to do is phone home once a day or every 12 hours and that's it. No need for it to just be on full standby 24/7.
No reason for a vehicle to go to sleep 5 minutes after parking.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
...? Why does it need to be on...?
Remote start. Pull readings. IMO, it is not sleeping, it is failing to communicate with the app.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
My 1.7.1 is supposed to come sometime tomorrow. Hoping it cleans a few bugs up!!!
How do you know it’s coming?