Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Today I noticed Pandora to the right of Notes. It was not there yesterday. So it appears the base Sync 4/APIM firmware was updated and now the various tiles (apps) are being updated. I checked the navigation and it has been updated. I get the up to date screen so hopefully it will be replaced by the Power Up 1.7.1 message in a few days.

I do not know if it is my updates, this OTA, or both, but the car's wifi connection information got reset. I had to setup the wifi again. I also noticed the drive mode order has changed, engaged moved from the first entry to the middle entry. This change makes sense as it now goes from most efficient to least efficient.
I have 1.7.1 allegedly but haven't noticed notes. Where should i be looking?
Sponsored

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I have 1.7.1 allegedly but haven't noticed notes. Where should i be looking?
Press the touchscreen on the user icon at the top center of the touch screen. Notes will appear as one of the application icons on the screen.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I noticed its only my gmail account which could mean that Ford Sync eorks with the Gmail app. I have other email accounts in my Samsung account but they don't appear on the car.
ah, I don't use the Gmail app, so that could be it.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Press the touchscreen on the user icon at the top center of the touch screen. Notes will appear as one of the application icons on the screen.
Does the car have to be in park for that to appear? Because I'm not seeing it

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
He's on Android so it could be "Gmail on Android" specifically.
Probably. My primary email app on mobile devices is Apple’s. It doesn’t appear either. Not while using CarPlay either.

kulaga

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER Grey, 2023 MME GT Black
Country flag
My car says I have 1.7.1 but no icon for Notes or Sketch.
Same for me. 1.7.1 appeared over the weekend but no visible changes. Maybe because of a low charge (at 36%)??? Going to try charging it tonight to see if that triggers the update to finish. I really just care about the profile bug fixes.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Same for me. 1.7.1 appeared over the weekend but no visible changes. Maybe because of a low charge (at 36%)??? Going to try charging it tonight to see if that triggers the update to finish. I really just care about the profile bug fixes.
Just a note on how this update works. Each part of sync is an "application". The 1.7.1 has like 15-20 files that it downloads and installs. That's why you may see some features come on one by one as it installs those files. All the other module updates are mostly just flashing firmware to the module, But this one is actually doing a software install. Until you get that notification in fordpass that 1.7.1 was successfully installed, you likely haven't had every file install successfully yet.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Just a note on how this update works. Each part of sync is an "application". The 1.7.1 has like 15-20 files that it downloads and installs. That's why you may see some features come on one by one as it installs those files. All the other module updates are mostly just flashing firmware to the module, But this one is actually doing a software install. Until you get that notification in fordpass that 1.7.1 was successfully installed, you likely haven't had every file install successfully yet.
This is what I figured. I now see the 1.7.1 update as of this morning but nothing else.

Last night I did have the Mach-E on the charger. The last time we had the car on the charger was 10/15/2021 so I have no idea if having it on the charger made any difference.

Hopefully the full update will be in place by this weekend as we are taking the Mach-E back to Las Vegas!

0CO2

First Name
0CO2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Occupation
Academic
Country flag
This is what I figured. I now see the 1.7.1 update as of this morning but nothing else.

Last night I did have the Mach-E on the charger. The last time we had the car on the charger was 10/15/2021 so I have no idea if having it on the charger made any difference.

Hopefully the full update will be in place by this weekend as we are taking the Mach-E back to Las Vegas!
1.7.1 came in last night on my MME FE (early build) - declined to join early access program. Notes app live, see frunk control on main screen, although it doesn't work yet. At least some progress to report...
Sponsored