Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got impatient and took it into the dealer which performed a master reset. Everything was lost. Anything that I had saved on the car was gone. I had to reset PaaK which was grayed out and no longer available in FordPass. I had been stuck on 1.4.1 and was hoping for some bug fixes.

I won’t be taking it in next time because of the dealer. There’s a lot of things you have to reenter and reconfigure after a reset like that.
Still have 1.6 here so you are ahead of the game now on me. Ours was trashed twice after the dealers but that was not a huge deal for me.

It is pretty quick and not too much to enter after you have done it 3 times. I have not had no response from Fordpass during my setups which has been a problem for a few here I have read. Helps you learn and takes less than half an hour to set up two phones. My only prob was getting her out in the car to adjust her seat/mirrors positions again; that toke days ;).

Enjoy your update let us know if any of your bugs got squashed
Sponsored

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I

Got the message that it successfully installed but apps or changes.

I've also noticed my estimated miles left and actual miles have deterioted significantly. Not sure if its weather related. I'm at 180 with a mache4x
Yeah I noticed the same thing in mine as well (4x). Used to get 220 at 80% and now it says 180-190. 50-60 degree weather is a lot more draining than I thought. Either that or the software update must have changed something with the calculations

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yeah I noticed the same thing in mine as well (4x). Used to get 220 at 80% and now it says 180-190. 50-60 degree weather is a lot more draining than I thought. Either that or the software update must have changed something with the calculations
The software update did to change your range. The March of Earth around our local star did that. More specifically, the weather did. And driving conditions. And driving habits. And whether or not you’re using e-heat. And the range meter is a guess, and a very conservative one at that. You’ll get more than that.

The forums are literally full of threads complaining about reduced range because it’s fall.

Wstempowski

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E premium AWD ER
Country flag
The software update did to change your range. The March of Earth around our local star did that. More specifically, the weather did. And driving conditions. And driving habits. And whether or not you’re using e-heat. And the range meter is a guess, and a very conservative one at that. You’ll get more than that.

The forums are literally full of threads complaining about reduced range because it’s fall.
Sorry all. I did not mean it to be a complaint or rant, just an observation and noted. I get weather has an impact, as does speed. It is also an observation from the GOM, which has known accuracy issues.

No ill intent meant.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Does this update mean that in apple CarPlay maps you can select the car as an ev (the car has to have this feature enabled)?
In Apple Maps, CarPlay will show charging stations instead of gas stations now. I didn't have to change any settings after the update. (Although it doesn't differentiate between Tesla and CCS in the search results.)

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Update showed up in my car yesterday. Love it! The new countdown bar in the instrument cluster is cool. It also solved the problem of my phone disconnecting after a call. Voice recognition seems better and I like the changes to the navigation.

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
I do not write menu descriptions for a living
Country flag
Update showed up in my car yesterday. Love it! The new countdown bar in the instrument cluster is cool. It also solved the problem of my phone disconnecting after a call. Voice recognition seems better and I like the changes to the navigation.
What's the countdown timer?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Sorry all. I did not mean it to be a complaint or rant, just an observation and noted. I get weather has an impact, as does speed. It is also an observation from the GOM, which has known accuracy issues.

No ill intent meant.
The complaints about range are going to be an annual thing until EV cold weather usage is widespread and quite engrained in the driving public habits.

There was a very good write-up a few days ago in another thread you might want to take a look at if you missed it.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/charging-issues.11072/post-276134

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Well, despite getting the 'update failed' message in FordPass, yesterday the green 'Update Successful' box showed up as well as the download/checkmark icon on the main Sync screen. Still no changes in apps or Sync interface though that people have been describing, even after several power cycles. How strange - I wonder if I'm now part of the stuck update gang, or if this is still part of the gradual update process.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The software update may clear the BEV driving history do it starts over again.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
MIght have spoken too soon on new update. Phone disconnected again. Hopefully the "Ask on exit" problem was fixed. Will see.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
The software update may clear the BEV driving history do it starts over again.
I actually did a sanity check by resetting the EV history myself (it says the initial value ignores exterior temp). But it only gave me back like 5 miles on the GOM, instead of the 30 I would have expected.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
No update as of yet :(.

I had part of the driveway repaved and did not want to leave my car on the street for a week. I have not driven her for 6 days now. I really miss driving her. One more day til she comes out of the garage!!!! I have been beg, borrowing and stealing rides to and from work, as I did not want to leave the '67 outside either. PS. Rented a Turo car one day...... Let's just say you get what you pay for YIKES!!!! aka No back up Camera. Surprised it didn't have an 8track player!!!

taikajim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EXAWD + KW V3 coilovers
Country flag
So, has the consensus changed in the past 2 months since last checking in on this forum? Buying a new car is the only way to get updates?
Sponsored