Kneebeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
My car is still stuck as showing 1.7.1 on the update screen, but my auto-update is still off and can't turn back on, still no notes app, and the FordPass App hasn't said anything about the update being successful. It's been almost a week at this point.
Sponsored

prostang

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1968 Ford Mustang (tubbed), 2015 F-350 Superduty
Country flag
Hit the car in the upper left until you have the Cotrol / Settings screen. Click on the settings, then scroll down to bottom third and pick system updates. It should show your version there along with a check for updates option, along with scheduling options or option to disable automatic updates.
I have been to that area many times. It doesn't show anything.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
An update - it looks like mine finally updated correctly! I dunno if it was stuck or if I was being impatient, but I got the green checkbox & empty message in FordPass two weeks ago, with no actual 1.7.1 features. Lo and behold, this morning I got another update message in FordPass populated correctly with the update details, and Sync has clearly been updated (frunk button, Notes, etc.)

I guess the point of this is to say hang in there? We are flying a bit blind ultimately regarding if something is truly stuck vs rolling out (very) slowly...but this update is eventually going to get delivered.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Heads up for anyone still waiting on 1.7.1. I called the ford support number today just to see if my car was in line for the update. The support rep said that it looks like it has tried but as of 11/16 “the campaign has expired”. I asked what that meant and she said it didn’t necessarily mean that the update failed, just that it’s window to do the update had ended and that the system would try again in 2 weeks.

She tried to see if there were any errors or notes as to why it didn’t do the update in the window but her system didn’t show anything. She said I could take it to a dealer to get the update done, but at this point I may just wait and see.

I should have asked how long the window lasts, but I didn’t think to. If it doesn’t happen at the end of the month I’ll get it done at my 10k checkup in December.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Heads up for anyone still waiting on 1.7.1. I called the ford support number today just to see if my car was in line for the update. The support rep said that it looks like it has tried but as of 11/16 “the campaign has expired”. I asked what that meant and she said it didn’t necessarily mean that the update failed, just that it’s window to do the update had ended and that the system would try again in 2 weeks.

She tried to see if there were any errors or notes as to why it didn’t do the update in the window but her system didn’t show anything. She said I could take it to a dealer to get the update done, but at this point I may just wait and see.

I should have asked how long the window lasts, but I didn’t think to. If it doesn’t happen at the end of the month I’ll get it done at my 10k checkup in December.
Each window lasts 15 days

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

When I got 1.7.1, it was deployed 9/17/21 and it had an expiration date of 10/13/21
Ford Mustang Mach-E [OTA] 1.7.1 Appears to be incoming 1637268837123

Edit to add: it was deployed 9/17, but my car didn't actually get the command to start the update until 9/29

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Edit to add: it was deployed 9/17, but my car didn't actually get the command to start the update until 9/29
Each window lasts 15 days
Good to know. So presumably my window opened on the 2nd and ended on the 16th. If it cycles in 2 weeks my next window should be from 11/30-12/14.

It would be really nice if the user could see this info, rather than just guessing every day.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The fact that I didn’t get an “update failed, we’ll try again” message makes me think it never even tried to update.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The fact that I didn’t get an “update failed, we’ll try again” message makes me think it never even tried to update.
I had that time between the day it was deployed on the 17th, and when it started installing where it did nothing. No notification or anything.

Then on the 29th, It kicked off with a "Trigger Available" command from Ford. It seems like as soon as they triggered that event, thats when the car actually saw it had something to download.
Ford Mustang Mach-E [OTA] 1.7.1 Appears to be incoming 1637272198508

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had that time between the day it was deployed on the 17th, and when it started installing where it did nothing. No notification or anything.

Then on the 29th, It kicked off with a "Trigger Available" command from Ford. It seems like as soon as they triggered that event, thats when the car actually saw it had something to download.
Ford Mustang Mach-E [OTA] 1.7.1 Appears to be incoming 1637272198508
You were still within the 2 week window when it started to download though right?

Is there any way for me to see these messages without pestering members on here that have access? I looked in to getting FDRS, but I can’t justify spending $900 on something I wouldn’t use regularly.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It most likely did but this is an error in the current OTA build
So you think it’s an issue with the 1.7.1 build? I got 1.6 and then 1.4 fine a few months ago.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So you think it’s an issue with the 1.7.1 build? I got 1.6 and then 1.4 fine a few months ago.
There are definitely lots of people having issues with 1.7.1. OTA

I think I'd rather have it not even trying to install, than have it stuck in the middle of installing like a lot of other people are at.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think I'd rather have it not even trying to install, than have it stuck in the middle of installing like a lot of other people are at.
Oh for sure! I’d rather wait for fully baked software.

My only concern is lack of communication about what’s available, what’s attempted, and when it will attempt again.

There’s no reason this process couldn’t function like any other OS update. Notify when one is available, give the user an option to initialize it when they have down time, if not have it auto install overnight.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I see that I got the 1.7.1 upgrade overnight, I have not driven anywhere yet though. Nothing to indicate there were any issue when installing, just a notification that it happened, and the "release notes".
Sponsored