theganyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I got the 1.7.1 update according to the update screen, but I don’t see any of the features it mentions.
Sponsored

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
It is my turn for a tale of woe. It did turn out okay in the end. The problem was either due to the 1.7.1 update being partly there, or a big APIM crash. I first noticed signs of the update weeks ago.

I was using Waze with Android Auto to go home yesterday when the center console froze with the waze map on the right side of the screen and blank on the left side. The voice prompts were still working. I decided to go to Ford navigation display for visuals, but that made the problem worse. The Ford map only displayed on the left side with the waze on the right. Later on the display went blank with a small square of the waze map ocassionaly appearing. The map was not current but looked like past pieces of the trip. Later on in the trip the display went totally blank.

At some point after the problem began, a warning message about the audio module losing communications was displayed. It said the volume ring on the center console will not work, only the one on the steering wheel. I was still getting audio from Waze and could only control the volume from the steering wheel.

The backup system still worked. I put the car in reverse and got the proper display. The display would go blank when I took the car out of reverse.

When the car shutdown after turning it off, a frozen map display briefly showed on the display. A frozen Ford logo would display on power up and the display would go blank. The phone audio still worked, so I used google maps to navigate and got audio through the car. I realize now that I could of used waze as well.

Brief stops at stores did not improve the situation. I had a meeting that went over two hours and everything came back to normal when I turned on the car after the meeting. I assume the car went into a deeper sleep mode and powered down the APIM. I checked for signs of new 1.7.1 elements but I did not see any. If I was to guess, I would say the navigation may have been updated. I will check today.

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1.7.1 was successfully downloaded. APIM update only. No other modules have been touched it appears. 7.88gb. Wifi NOT required for this update.

Date/TimeDurationDownUp
09/29/2021 3:24 pm1h 19m 55s7.88 GB105 MB

Screenshot_20210929-165717_FordPass.jpg

Sound settings are now loading with my profile on startup as expected instead of having to use the seat memory button workaround.

Frunk button now shows in the sync screen. No Frunk button in the app yet, as the modules still haven't updated to enable that. Button is still not functional until the other modules get their update to enable it. Fordpass does not show the button yet either.
20210929_174129.jpg

Sync updated:
20210929_163240.jpg

Notes is now there
20210929_163830.jpg

New Nav Versions:
20210929_163853.jpg

Hold Volume Knob in for calm screen works:
20210929_163704.jpg

SiriusXM Song/Artist alerts are now working as expected (Thanks @Metal_Horses )
1633008567367.png

New vehicle profile setup now includes radio presets. You can set AM, FM and SXM presets.
Pending new profile going to car to see if you can edit this after it's pushed to the car. Currently if you've already created a profile it is a one time operation and can't be edited from the app.

Screenshot_20211022-220016_FordPass.jpg

This version of Sync also includes CarPlay Navigation directions on the Cluster display. Waiting on a picture of this to add. Only works with Apple maps, and not any other navigation apps at this time.

Other notes:

Appears to have included updates to the Garmin Nav app, Online Nav Routing, and several "theme" files.

This release did NOT fix the issue where maps in dark mode don't show streets. Still just a blank map. Switching to Light mode shows the streets. Ford told me an update was coming in the fall to fix that.
Last week car displayed “Update Failed“ message. System Update screen says on.y “Your system is up to date”. No reference to 1.7.1, or anything else.

Car has drawing app and center cluster directions in Apple Maps. No other changes that you show above.

Will update continue on its own?

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
1.7.1 was automatically installed in my CA Route 1 today. AFAIK, this is my first OTA update (and possibly the first one that Ford has pushed?).

The main differences I see are the Notes app and that my CarPlay driving directions are now visible in the dashboard.

I couldn't tell you what made it finally install, but it did. Anyone else seeing their OTA update yet?

frstsgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EMU - Premium Rapid Red, RWD, ER and 2013 VW EOS
Occupation
retired
Country flag
EMU (Electric MUstang) has received the update but I don’t see any changes. On the update page it does not allow me to scroll down the screen to see all of the update notes and I can’t find the calculator and “notes” app…any suggestions?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
EMU (Electric MUstang) has received the update but I don’t see any changes. On the update page it does not allow me to scroll down the screen to see all of the update notes and I can’t find the calculator and “notes” app…any suggestions?
Be patient it takes some time after you see the update page in car.

Typically notes & stuff appear after you see the update notification in Ford Pass.

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I am in a similar boat.

I took my car to dealer service after getting a SHIFT System Malfunction message on the driver screen. The car drove fine but the message popped up every time I turned on the car.

Service department updated all of the software modules, and my car said 1.7.1 was installed after I got it back. I haven't seen any difference at all between what was previously installed and 1.7.1, so I guess I am also waiting for the car to catch up??? Not sure what to do next.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
My car got the update last week. The car shows my car is at 1.7.1 but the FordPass app said the update was unsuccessful.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
I finally got the failed update notification for my 1.7.1 update. Ford has reached out to me and at this point they want me to take the Mach-E to my local dealer. They claim they already reached out to my dealer and they should be aware of my issue. I'm going to check with my service guy and see if he knows anything before bringing the car in.

frstsgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EMU - Premium Rapid Red, RWD, ER and 2013 VW EOS
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My car got the update last week. The car shows my car is at 1.7.1 but the FordPass app said the update was unsuccessful.
In the FordPass app where do you find out the status of the update?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
In the FordPass app where do you find out the status of the update?
Go into system updates on the screen to see whether you’ve received PowerUp 1.7.1

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Go into system updates on the screen to see whether you’ve received PowerUp 1.7.1
Meaning not the FordPass screen, but the big screen inside the car?

Meaning that this information is not available on FordPass?
Sponsored