billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Meaning not the FordPass screen, but the big screen inside the car?

Meaning that this information is not available on FordPass?
I think the only way to see the current version is on the screen in the car.

However, I'm pretty sure I got an alert in the Account section of the FordPass app (on my phone) once the car had finished its update. It had a list of the new features.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Meaning not the FordPass screen, but the big screen inside the car?

Meaning that this information is not available on FordPass?
Yes, the screen in the car. Sorry for not being clear on that.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I think the only way to see the current version is on the screen in the car.
As far as I can see, it's not available in the car either. I look under System Updates, and all I see is my software is 'up to date' - no version number listed at all, anywhere. Not very clear, nor reassuring...

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
There is no excuse for Ford not to have this available on demand for every single car that has not yet received it at this point. Very poor execution.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
There is no excuse for Ford not to have this available on demand for every single car that has not yet received it at this point. Very poor execution.
I feel this statement in a very personal way. My car literally just took 1.6 YESTERDAY.

That said, my inner logical engineering self says maybe, just maybe this is an issue as cars without the 1.6 gateway module update can't take newer updates due to things they fixed and as a result some cars are left in la-la land until they use the older mechanism to push updates that worked on that older one and they are basically still sorting out the mistakes/errors that need to be done first.

TAPe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mustang GT convertible, BRONCO
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I finally got the failed update notification for my 1.7.1 update. Ford has reached out to me and at this point they want me to take the Mach-E to my local dealer. They claim they already reached out to my dealer and they should be aware of my issue. I'm going to check with my service guy and see if he knows anything before bringing the car in.
Just some caution regarding taking your car to the dealer. When our car had issues regarding the update in late September, Ford told me to take it to the dealer even though the car seemed to be driving fine. I was able to get it to the dealer on October 27. It is still there.

After numerous attempts to download the update and several master resets, the dealership and Ford decided to replace the APIM. It’s been on order going on two weeks. The dealer told me they have no idea when it will get here. The people I’ve talked to at Ford told me that there have been numerous “glitches” in downloading the 1.7.1 update but in the vast majority of the cases the update eventually downloads. They said having to replace a module is extremely rare.

Maybe Ford has discovered something in your car similar to mine, but this wasn’t discovered until they spent over two weeks going through numerous tests at the dealer. Also once at the dealer, Ford and the dealer insisted that the car needed to remain there.

Good luck and please keep us informed of the outcome. I intend to let everyone know about our car when or if we ever get it back.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I got the 1.7.1 update according to the update screen, but I don’t see any of the features it mentions.
Have the features shown up yet?

SeattleMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Guess this is the one upside from my car taking so long to be built and delivered - BlueCruise and electronic frunk release. Both working great so far. Kind of wish the frunk still came with the divider, so I had the option of using depending on what I needed to store

SOLIDAge

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Premium
Country flag
Hurray! My car finally updated. It fixed three of my small (but big to me) issues with the car nav / software!

SOLIDAge

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Premium
Country flag
Last week car displayed “Update Failed“ message. System Update screen says on.y “Your system is up to date”. No reference to 1.7.1, or anything else.

Car has drawing app and center cluster directions in Apple Maps. No other changes that you show above.

Will update continue on its own?
this is what happened to me. It failed and i got a notification.
I then got told that my system was up to date
it then SHOWED 1.7.1 installed as the version number but had no new features, then 24 hours later all the new features were there and I got a push on my app saying it was successful.

SOLIDAge

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Premium
Country flag
I got the 1.7.1 update according to the update screen, but I don’t see any of the features it mentions.
mine did the same, and it took another 24 hours for them to actually show up and get a notification that I had 1.7.1

theganyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
mine did the same, and it took another 24 hours for them to actually show up and get a notification that I had 1.7.1
It's been a week for me without progress and I've never received a failed notification. However, the 1.7.1 update message itself is incomplete (cut off at the end) and it's clear that the update failed. Also, since this failure, I now can't turn on automatic updates or set an update schedule.... so who knows if it will try again.
Sponsored