Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It was for me.
That's fascinating! About an hour or two ago, while I was re-setting up my PaaK for a different forum discussion, I happened across the Access page in the vehicle and noticed that the frunk open button was still there. I tried it and of course nothing happens other than the button highlights while you're pressing it (like any other button)... But just seems really weird that mine has it and yours does not.

kulaga

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER Grey, 2023 MME GT Black
Country flag
This is maddening! My update screen showed 1.7.1 for two weeks without getting a successful update message. I didn't have any of the new functionality but noticed certain things were working better (PAAK, profile bugs gone). Then I got the failed message and everything rolled back. Started having trouble waking car, pre-sets not displaying, etc. Then it's been a seesaw with some improvements coming back, then I get an update failed message, everything rolls back and the cycle repeats. Over the last 4 days, this has happened twice.

I'm excited for the bug fixes and improvements in 1.7.1 but this trying, failing and rolling back is unacceptable! I never know what kind of driving experience I am going to have when I walk out to the driveway - 1.4 where PAAK works instantly about 90%, 1.7.1 where it (so far) consistently works or somewhere in between where it takes multiple tries to wake up the car and a coin toss whether or not PAAK works (had to use the backup code twice this week).

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
So for another data point.
I’ve progressed to the point where I got a “failed update” notification in Ford Pass.
Ford Mustang Mach-E [OTA] 1.7.1 Appears to be incoming 0031BB5E-35BA-4DE6-9D14-5EE48D00BC02

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
@generaltso @macchiaz-o I wonder if that was why they paused then 1.7.1 rollout, to remove the non-functioning button. Next person that gets the update I’ll have to ask if they have the button.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
@generaltso @macchiaz-o I wonder if that was why they paused then 1.7.1 rollout, to remove the non-functioning button. Next person that gets the update I’ll have to ask if they have the button.
I just recently got my 1.7.1 and there is no frunk button in car access. Probably too many people were asking why it didn’t work so they decided to wait until they can actually make it work before implementing.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
For those having problems with 1.7.1 and also have Torque Pro.

I created up a Torque Pro CSV file that displays some of the OTA status information from the GWM. Currently I have nothing in progress, so I am not totally sure I am reading from the right bytes. The message from the GWM is long! The GWM provides information on the last four update events. I could not display the Correlation ID and Roll Out ID as they are text. People with FDRS can see all the values.

Status Abbreviations
Done = Completed
InProg = In progress
URej = User rejected update
CCan = Cloud cancelled update
ErAbt = Aborted due to error
Partial = Partial completed

Error Abbreviations
None = No error
Usage = Exceeded data usage
NoConn = No connectivity
Erase = Erase error
Prog = Programming error
Valid = Validation error
UAct = Uncoordinated activation error
CAct = Coordinated activation error
RBack = Rollback failed error
SChange = Vehicle software changed error

PS: Selecting Digital Display in Torque Pro will allow display of the text.

Attachments

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just recently got my 1.7.1 and there is no frunk button in car access. Probably too many people were asking why it didn’t work so they decided to wait until they can actually make it work before implementing.
That makes me feel a lot better! I was hoping it wasn’t just my car. Makes total sense too.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Just some caution regarding taking your car to the dealer. When our car had issues regarding the update in late September, Ford told me to take it to the dealer even though the car seemed to be driving fine. I was able to get it to the dealer on October 27. It is still there.

After numerous attempts to download the update and several master resets, the dealership and Ford decided to replace the APIM. It’s been on order going on two weeks. The dealer told me they have no idea when it will get here. The people I’ve talked to at Ford told me that there have been numerous “glitches” in downloading the 1.7.1 update but in the vast majority of the cases the update eventually downloads. They said having to replace a module is extremely rare.

Maybe Ford has discovered something in your car similar to mine, but this wasn’t discovered until they spent over two weeks going through numerous tests at the dealer. Also once at the dealer, Ford and the dealer insisted that the car needed to remain there.

Good luck and please keep us informed of the outcome. I intend to let everyone know about our car when or if we ever get it back.
So I dropped the Mach-E off at my dealer today at 8:15AM and I just got a call that all the updates from Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 have been applied and everything is good to go. My service advisor is very confident all issues with the updates have been addressed.

I will pick up the Mach-E around 3:30PM and see how it is working.

I do plan to do a master reset this weekend and start fresh with PAAK as well.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So I dropped the Mach-E off at my dealer today at 8:15AM and I just got a call that all the updates from Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 have been applied and everything is good to go. My service advisor is very confident all issues with the updates have been addressed.

I will pick up the Mach-E around 3:30PM and see how it is working.

I do plan to do a master reset this weekend and start fresh with PAAK as well.
If everything is good to go, why would you do a master reset and what does that do to improve on "everything is good to go"?

kulaga

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER Grey, 2023 MME GT Black
Country flag
Interesting timing on the master reset question. I was just coming here to search on why it would be done. My car went into the dealer on Tuesday for the Customer Satisfaction Program (was originally for the recall but apparently they didn't realize they needed to order parts!) and I asked them to apply 1.7.1 since it was failing and rolling back. They ended up having to contact Ford yesterday and were waiting on an email attachment. They received it yesterday afternoon and were going to work on 1.7.1 today. It's still at the dealership but I just got a master reset notification... Not sure if that's a good sign or a bad one. Hopefully the pain that @TAPe and others went through are helping them resolve the issue quicker (fingers crossed)!

I'm beginning to think that the problem of failed updates and rolling back can only be fixed with Ford corporate assistance.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
If everything is good to go, why would you do a master reset and what does that do to improve on "everything is good to go"?
Once all the updates have been installed I want to start over with a full system reset. Taking an hour or so to start fresh is not the end of the world after all...

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Once all the updates have been installed I want to start over with a full system reset. Taking an hour or so to start fresh is not the end of the world after all...
OK, thanks for that @Trick.Mach-E , but for those of us who don't know, what does the full system reset do? I would guess it would remove PAAK settings, take all other notifications and user-set options back to factory defaults, including the door entry and start codes? Am I correct? What else does it do? Removes personal profiles and what about the fob connection (hopefully the fob is tied directly to the VIN, but what about a second fob that some of us have)? Sounds like a lot of work to do after you do the reset. Do you also lose your range settings that the car has been developing based on your driving habits, all your destinations, previous trips?

It would actually be good to know what a master reset does and doesn't do, for when we sell our car or turn it back in to the Dealer in 3 or 4 years.

Hopefully it goes well for what you expect!
Sponsored