Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
OK, thanks for that @Trick.Mach-E , but for those of us who don't know, what does the full system reset do? I would guess it would remove PAAK settings, take all other notifications and user-set options back to factory defaults, including the door entry and start codes? Am I correct? What else does it do? Removes personal profiles and what about the fob connection (hopefully the fob is tied directly to the VIN, but what about a second fob that some of us have)? Sounds like a lot of work to do after you do the reset. Do you also lose your range settings that the car has been developing based on your driving habits, all your destinations, previous trips?

It would actually be good to know what a master reset does and doesn't do, for when we sell our car or turn it back in to the Dealer in 3 or 4 years.

Hopefully it goes well for what you expect!
Literally a complete wipe as if you got it from the dealer. All profiles, preferences, codes, driving habits, etc. are erased.
Sponsored

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
OK, thanks for that @Trick.Mach-E , but for those of us who don't know, what does the full system reset do? I would guess it would remove PAAK settings, take all other notifications and user-set options back to factory defaults, including the door entry and start codes? Am I correct? What else does it do? Removes personal profiles and what about the fob connection (hopefully the fob is tied directly to the VIN, but what about a second fob that some of us have)? Sounds like a lot of work to do after you do the reset. Do you also lose your range settings that the car has been developing based on your driving habits, all your destinations, previous trips?

It would actually be good to know what a master reset does and doesn't do, for when we sell our car or turn it back in to the Dealer in 3 or 4 years.

Hopefully it goes well for what you expect!
I guess now I have to state "I believe" a full master reset will put the Mach-E in a default state similar to what you get when it's first delivered. Other than actual mileage all settings, including PAAK and personalizations should be set back to default.

Because I can't say for certain what will happen other than the small amount I've seen here on the forum boards a full system reset should be similar to resetting your iPad or any other smart device. All personal settings go away and you have just the base operating system that you have to personalize.

As for why I want to do this is that I figure with all the updates, some of them quite significant maybe starting with a clean slate will be better overall. PAAK for my profile has been fairly reliable on my iPhone 12 and new iPhone 13. However my wife's iPhone 10 has been less than reliable and frustrating for her. The Mach-E is her car but it was set up with me being the primary and no matter what I do I can't seem to make her profile the favorite.

Knowing what I know now I will set the Mach-E up with her in mind first then add my profile. It might be all for nothing but I figure it will be about an hours worth of set up time if all goes well so I just use the "it can't hurt" to try it :)

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Opinion question. A week ago my car updated to 1.7.1, but there was no notification in the app or in the car. All the features seem to be there, notes, CarPlay in the cluster, X button in the upper left when you go into the menu. The only thing seemingly missing is the Frunk button in the access menu, but it sounds like maybe they pulled that from the update as others who received it in the last week did not have it either. My sync version seems to be correct, 21174 PRODUCT.

However, when I go to the system update page it just says “Your System is up-to-date”. No 1.7.1 release notes.

So did my car complete the update or not?

Last edited:

tdwatts

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach-e; Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
I'm still stuck on the "but yo" - not updated. It's the small things like this that really annoy me.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Opinion question. A week ago my car updated to 1.7.1, but there was no notification in the app or in the car. All the features seem to be there, notes, CarPlay in the cluster, X button in the upper left when you go into the menu. The only thing seemingly missing is the Frunk button in the access menu, but it sounds like maybe they pulled that from the update as others who received it in the last week did not have it either. My sync version seems to be correct, 21174 PRODUCT.

However, when I go to the system update page it just says “Your System is up-to-date”. No 1.7.1 release notes.

So did my car complete the update or not?
I updated via FDRS about a month ago and don't have the frunk button either. Your update is complete

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I updated via FDRS about a month ago and don't have the frunk button either. Your update is complete
Thank you for the confirmation!

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
My car tells me my system is up to date, with no further information listed.

it is not up to date.

it used to say 1.7.1 but now that doesn’t show up either.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
So is there an update to fix this update or do you have to wait 2 weeks for it to sort itself out?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
So is there an update to fix this update or do you have to wait 2 weeks for it to sort itself out?
You can wait or take it to the dealer and have the new customer satisfaction survey update done, which is supposed to also update whatever makes sure you can properly receive OTA updates.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got an early birthday present from Ford this morning. Weirdly no notification in the app yet. Seems like everything is there though. I noticed the auto seat heaters button displays differently.
BC46BF40-2BC4-4C08-B046-5C33C1F1CE9C.jpeg
For my birthday I got a big FU from Ford. Failed 1.7.1 and BlueCruise pushed to next year.

Still waiting for either to happen.

EddieHaskell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Database Developer
Country flag
I had this, too. Only it made the car wonky. Most settings can no longer be saved, my radio bar keeps reverting to three rows, but most interestingly / annoyingly is now when I approach the car with my key fob in my pocket, the door buttons light up, but the driver door won't open.

Better yet, after pressing the driver door button five or ten times with nothing happening, I can then press any other door button and they'll both open at that point.

I called Ford technical support hoping they'd let me flash the firmware myself, but although they saw that it failed on this update twice, alas, they want me to take it to the dealer, (ugh!)

Not that I'm opposed to going to the dealer, but my Mach-E also needs its roof and windshield re-glued, and the two dealerships I've tried have told me they don't have the parts, and to try calling them again next month... It's like they don't know how to support this car. Oh well, I bought an "A Model," it's my own damned fault.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had this, too. Only it made the car wonky. Most settings can no longer be saved, my radio bar keeps reverting to three rows, but most interestingly / annoyingly is now when I approach the car with my key fob in my pocket, the door buttons light up, but the driver door won't open.

Better yet, after pressing the driver door button five or ten times with nothing happening, I can then press any other door button and they'll both open at that point.

I called Ford technical support hoping they'd let me flash the firmware myself, but although they saw that it failed on this update twice, alas, they want me to take it to the dealer, (ugh!)

Not that I'm opposed to going to the dealer, but my Mach-E also needs its roof and windshield re-glued, and the two dealerships I've tried have told me they don't have the parts, and to try calling them again next month... It's like they don't know how to support this car. Oh well, I bought an "A Model," it's my own damned fault.
I had the issue with driver door not opening and could only open it by opening back passenger door. Oddly what fixed this for me it disconnecting the 12V battery for a min. you pop open the cover panels use a 10Mm wrench unhood the battery terminal for a min reconnect and it fixed it. you can look for other posts on this in here.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After 3 months and a failed attempt! It's about damn time!
Ford Mustang Mach-E [OTA] 1.7.1 Appears to be incoming Screenshot_20211208-205419_FordPass

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
After 3 update attempts over 5 weeks or so, my car updated to 1.7.1 successfully so I can get off the 1.7.1 stuck thread and hangout here now ? With 1.7.1 the infotainment seems to boot much faster when starting the car. Wireless Carplay also seems to connect faster - music starts to play before I even shift the car out of park.
Sponsored