OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
Dude they just need a bigger USB flash drive. Go buy one for them if they’re that dumb!

You do not want this dealer to do module repair, they’re too incompetent and will brick your APIM.
I didn't want to be the one to say it, but yea......
Sponsored

Bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Well they have been busy...but just so you know the tech was told that he/she was using a USB thumb drive that was too small to do the update.
WF0TR3SU5MMA15788-3-Jan-24Work.png

Hopefully they'll get a bigger USB drive and push on to do the rest of these updates before handing you the car back:
WF0TR3SU5MMA15788-3-Jan-24.png
Hi mike

any chance you could check what they were at with my car again today ? It went back in … but heard nothing back

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Hi mike

any chance you could check what they were at with my car again today ? It went back in … but heard nothing back
Well they definitely are working the problem:
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? WF0TR3SU5MMA15788-1-Feb-24

Bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Well got the car back and they couldn’t update it.

They’ve ordered a whole new sync module or something - as well as another module which got corrupted during the update process 🤷‍♂️

Rob FFE

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select, 2017 FFE, 2013 Cmax, 1996 Ranger
Occupation
Electrical Engineer (retired)
Country flag
My MY 2021 MME was stuck at OTA update 1.7.1 since Oct 2021 until abut 2 weeks ago (end of Feb 2024). At that time 1.7.1 completed successfully and subsequently I've gotten 2.1.0 as well.

I did use FDRS to update all modules but the APIM and TCU successfully in July 2023, but was unsuccessful in performing TSB 22-2150, even though I'm quite sure that I followed the procedure to the letter.

It was much to my surprise that a couple of weeks ago (I didn't note the exact day), Fordpass and my car showed that 1.7.1 had been installed! And since then I have received 2.1.0, also shown in Fordpass and in the car.

My question: Has anyone had a similar experience or a plausible explanation for why I now seem to be on track to get OTA updates?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
My MY 2021 MME was stuck at OTA update 1.7.1 since Oct 2021 until abut 2 weeks ago (end of Feb 2024). At that time 1.7.1 completed successfully and subsequently I've gotten 2.1.0 as well.

I did use FDRS to update all modules but the APIM and TCU successfully in July 2023, but was unsuccessful in performing TSB 22-2150, even though I'm quite sure that I followed the procedure to the letter.

It was much to my surprise that a couple of weeks ago (I didn't note the exact day), Fordpass and my car showed that 1.7.1 had been installed! And since then I have received 2.1.0, also shown in Fordpass and in the car.

My question: Has anyone had a similar experience or a plausible explanation for why I now seem to be on track to get OTA updates?

I have seen a few F150's that were stuck on the old software suddenly get these updates as of late. Maybe Ford didn't leave you guys in the dust and it just took them a while to figure out the fix?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

you have been on bug ridden 1.7.1 for years? I do not have that problem and many have gone in to get the car unstuck. You putting up with the car operating on 1.7.1 as long as you did makes you a lot more tolerant person than most of us. They are on 6.14 now Here.

Bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
you have been on bug ridden 1.7.1 for years? I do not have that problem and many have gone in to get the car unstuck. You putting up with the car operating on 1.7.1 as long as you did makes you a lot more tolerant person than most of us. They are on 6.14 now Here.
I've been trying to get mine unstuck from 1.7.1 for months. - been on it since purchase 2 and a half years ago
They're replacing the actual sync module on my car now to fix it

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I've been trying to get mine unstuck from 1.7.1 for months. - been on it since purchase 2 and a half years ago
They're replacing the actual sync module on my car now to fix it
Again, that is a conclusion that my dealer arrived at back in Feb of '22.

Do they have a Customer Service phone number you can call over there? We have a phone number for the "BEV team" that we can call to put some skip in their giddyup if need be. The fact that your APIM is just now getting replaced will mean that you will end up with a shed-load of updates that will be released for your car (an avalanche really) and they really all should be done to bring you current. If for no other reason than a show of good faith by Ford UK.

It's rubbish that it's taken so long to sort you out. It's just not on.

Rob FFE

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select, 2017 FFE, 2013 Cmax, 1996 Ranger
Occupation
Electrical Engineer (retired)
Country flag
I have seen a few F150's that were stuck on the old software suddenly get these updates as of late. Maybe Ford didn't leave you guys in the dust and it just took them a while to figure out the fix?
That's what I hope is the explanation!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
That's what I hope is the explanation!
You and me both. My biggest gripe with Ford has been the 2021 job 1 vehicles that got stuck not getting updates. I have had to go to some extremes providing owners with info to get them to show their dealers that there is a problem and get them to help, and it doesn't always work. Now, a lot of these vehicles are getting to the point where their warranty is about to expire and without an OTA solution, they're screwed. So I really do hope they did find a way to overcome the issue.

Joshw

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Again, that is a conclusion that my dealer arrived at back in Feb of '22.

Do they have a Customer Service phone number you can call over there? We have a phone number for the "BEV team" that we can call to put some skip in their giddyup if need be. The fact that your APIM is just now getting replaced will mean that you will end up with a shed-load of updates that will be released for your car (an avalanche really) and they really all should be done to bring you current. If for no other reason than a show of good faith by Ford UK.

It's rubbish that it's taken so long to sort you out. It's just not on.
Yup that’s what happened to my 2021 in Dec. been trying to get it fixed since January and now my warranty is expired. So even if they could fix it, I am paying big cash to do so.

Thanks ford.
Sponsored