OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

Jonrd2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I

Interesting sequence of events. Also, did you notice your attempts were on Tuesdays. Except for the first one. Mine are on Thursdays. So I’m hopeful for tomorrow, it’s been expired since the 30th, the day after the dealer updated all the modules.
How do you check when updates were attempted to be installed?
Sponsored

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
Do you have the FordPass widget, or can you go into the JSON on ford.com? What does it say?
Is this what you mean by going to JSON on Ford.com
-------------------------
I found some interesting data in the ford site related to OTA updates.
If you browse to https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle-dashboard/?gnav=header-account and open up your browsers web inspector (right-click on the page select inspect)
You might need to refresh after the inspector is open.
Select the Network Tab and enter "ota" in the search box...
Select the name "/status?country=usa&vin=YOUR_VIN" and click on the preview tab.

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
Is this what you mean by going to JSON on Ford.com
-------------------------
I found some interesting data in the ford site related to OTA updates.
If you browse to https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle-dashboard/?gnav=header-account and open up your browsers web inspector (right-click on the page select inspect)
You might need to refresh after the inspector is open.
Select the Network Tab and enter "ota" in the search box...
Select the name "/status?country=usa&vin=YOUR_VIN" and click on the preview tab.
I look at the timeframe for date and time and it said "null"

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
So here's what happened to me. Yesterday, I was able to turn Automatic Updates and could schedule a time/day. I choose two days from today (Saturday). This morning, I went to the car and check it again, it was enabled for Saturday. I checked my Sync version number (502) and got a number instead of --.

I then went out to do errands with the car and after coming back home, my automatics is off, cannot set time/date and my version was --.

So does this mean? I have no idea, except that it is broke.
Just looked at mine. It finished charging to 85% and when I looked at the updates page the Automatic Updates button has reverted to its "Unselected" state and didn't do anything but beep when I touched it.

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
Just looked at mine. It finished charging to 85% and when I looked at the updates page the Automatic Updates button has reverted to its "Unselected" state and didn't do anything but beep when I touched it.
Does this mean that the download is what broke it? It was not yet installed until tomorrow. My next experiment will be (once it reset itself, who knows when) to turn it on and see if I have a sync version, not --. Then turn automatic updates off, wait a few days, turn it back on and see if I can enter a date/time. Leave automatic updates on and see if it breaks again. To me, this would indicate whether the download piece is broken or the installation is broken. But this is just a mind game, only Ford folks really know

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Does this mean that the download is what broke it? It was not yet installed until tomorrow. My next experiment will be (once it reset itself, who knows when) to turn it on and see if I have a sync version, not --. Then turn automatic updates off, wait a few days, turn it back on and see if I can enter a date/time. Leave automatic updates on and see if it breaks again. To me, this would indicate whether the download piece is broken or the installation is broken. But this is just a mind game, only Ford folks really know
It's a mystery to me why it does what it does. o_O

oliverames

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select Dual Motor Standard Range
Country flag
Here is to hoping 2.1.0 and 2.3.0 completes a little bit more smoothly...sound off with questions if you have them!
Another update for the curious. Yesterday 2.1.0 was installed without a hitch. 1.7.1 installed Tuesday and 2.1.0 Friday. Interesting timeline.

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
Another update for the curious. Yesterday 2.1.0 was installed without a hitch. 1.7.1 installed Tuesday and 2.1.0 Friday. Interesting timeline.
So, what did you do to get them to install correctly, or are you a lucky one that it works? If you did nothing when was your car built or you took ownership for.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
My car is going back to the dealership tomorrow for the SYNC-4A TSB 21-2310 software update.

Since I believe this does update the APIM, it will be interesting to see if that makes any difference on the OTA update procedure. I have been stuck in the 1.7.1 limbo for almost two months now.

I will let you know what They tell me!

Jim

Zeromarine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Country flag
My car is going back to the dealership tomorrow for the SYNC-4A TSB 21-2310 software update.

Since I believe this does update the APIM, it will be interesting to see if that makes any difference on the OTA update procedure. I have been stuck in the 1.7.1 limbo for almost two months now.

I will let you know what They tell me!

Jim
If it’s stuck that won’t fix it as many have said. They have a fix coming for it.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've dug around looking for an answer but had no luck. To avoid be chastised I figured I'd post here vs making a new post :)

I just had the dealer run the TSB 21-2310 to get my car out of 1.6/1.7.1 limbo. The car is now running 1.7.1. Today when looking at my dash I noticed these three tinny black arrows.. I have old man vision, so I guess its possible these were here prior to 1.7.1 but I would think I would had noticed.

Anyone know what these arrows mean??
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? IMG_1886

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
If it’s stuck that won’t fix it as many have said. They have a fix coming for it.
I just had the dealer run the TSB 21-2310 to get my car out of 1.6/1.7.1 limbo. The car is now running 1.7.1.
it would seem that some people are getting the update after TSB 21-2310.

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
So, if the TSB 21-2310, that will be great news. So, while I am at the dealership what other TSB should I be asking for
Sponsored