OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS , Premium EX4, 22' M3 SR+, R1T Order
Occupation
Electric Utilities - Management
Country flag
Hey everyone, so since Friday my car has said its on 1.7.1, but I have none of the new features (no frunk button, no Drawing pad, nothing). My vehicle turned automatic updates off and I can't toggle it back on (when I do, as soon as I leave the update screen and come back its toggled off again), I also can no longer set desired update times, they just wont save.

Has anyone else had any issues with the OTA getting seemingly stuck? in total my mdm9650-TCU device has downloaded 5.04 GB of data over the last month and hasn't downloaded anything new since 9/29/21. This is smaller then the update should be so I am not really sure what is going on here.
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
PM me your VIN I want to see if it actually successfully says it updated or if it is a bug that it told you it updated already.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
The car will say it has 1.7.1 when it hasn't finished downloading. 1.7.1 is rather large and takes a bit.

You'll either see the new features (e.g. "Notes" app) or the Ford Pass app will give you a notification that you have 1.7.1 at the end.

Or you'll get the "oops" notification in Ford Pass that says the update failed and they will retry sometime in the next millenium.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Or it will fail but not give you the oops notification, which is what happened to me

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Silly question, but how do we check the current version?

OP
OP

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So I got impatient and took the car to the dealership monday, just got a call that the car will simply not accept updates and they have to escalate it to ford's engineering team so they need to hang onto it for a third day (assuming they get a response back). Sounds like if you don't have your OTA, there may actually be an issue with some of the cars preventing them from updating.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Silly question, but how do we check the current version?
Tap your profile icon at the top center of the SYNC display. If you see a Notes app, you've got 1.7.1 installed.

Check the Vehicle page on your FordPass app to see if you have info about SecuriAlert. If yes, you've got 1.4.0 installed.

Here's info about other known updates. Note that 1.8.0 is only installed at the factory at this time, for vehicle produced in the last few months or so.

MC-10200895-0001.pdf (nhtsa.gov)

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Hey everyone, so since Friday my car has said its on 1.7.1, but I have none of the new features (no frunk button, no Drawing pad, nothing). My vehicle turned automatic updates off and I can't toggle it back on (when I do, as soon as I leave the update screen and come back its toggled off again), I also can no longer set desired update times, they just wont save.

Has anyone else had any issues with the OTA getting seemingly stuck? in total my mdm9650-TCU device has downloaded 5.04 GB of data over the last month and hasn't downloaded anything new since 9/29/21. This is smaller then the update should be so I am not really sure what is going on here.
Yes, mine took a long time and after maybe a half-hour it said "update successful" on the screen. I also then needed to do a master reset to get it to work properly

I had my car updated at the dealer there is a TSB out there

NovaMustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
Mine also seems to be stuck or otherwise acting up. Several days ago, I got an alert that the update failed and car would try again. Since then, nothing. However, the update screen on Sync screen has changed. It used to say system was up to date and it would tell me the version (1.6). Now, it says my system is up to date, without telling me what version I’m running. But it’s def not 1.7.1, bc I don’t have any of the new features
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? EDFB9538-8DF2-4988-A9F8-46471E992F69

Last edited:

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
I had it download twice. Go figure!! First time seem to be ok. 2nd times lots of random issues. Heat came on. No am. Display would no go to dark mode. Rear wiper would not stop. Reset sync 3 times, charged MME and Wished upon a star!! All was normal next day.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had it download twice. Go figure!! First time seem to be ok. 2nd times lots of random issues. Heat came on. No am. Display would no go to dark mode. Rear wiper would not stop. Reset sync 3 times, charged MME and Wished upon a star!! All was normal next day.
200 (2).gif

OP
OP

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
well as an update, ford has had our car since monday, the car simply will not accept new software, they have done a full master reset of the vehicle and still nothing works, they have been reaching out to ford engineering but so far they haven't been help (basically telling them to disconnect and reconnect the 12v and then do the master reset and thats all so far). None of the modules will accept updates though so they are keeping the car for going on 4 days now without any headway.

I'm really wondering how many other cars that haven't received their updates yet are actually having the same issues and just don't realize it? The car doesnt tell you anything is wrong, the only way I know it's messed up is because the dealership.

I'll continue to update this thread as things progress but this will be 4+ days of car with ford for this issue (7th day in total they have had my car for various issues).

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got into my car yesterday and it indicate that the 1.7.1 update failed. I do have the Notes app and it works, but when I check the System Update page it still shows that 1.60 is my current version and all is up to date. Car is working as expected so no issues there just don't have 1.7.1 just yet from what I can tell.
Sponsored