OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Mine showed the 1.7.1 notes before the updates actually installed. It showed up after the files were downloaded, but before they were installed. About 30 minutes later the notification on fordpass came up and it was ready.
Any way to tell if the files are downloaded (without repeatedly pestering people who have access to the diagnostic systems)?
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Any way to tell if the files are downloaded (without repeatedly pestering people who have access to the diagnostic systems)?
Not that I'm aware of unfortunately. There is some PID info on the TCU and GWM that may show a status of a pending update, but I haven't had it hooked up while a pending update was coming to verify that.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Mine showed the 1.7.1 notes before the updates actually installed. It showed up after the files were downloaded, but before they were installed. About 30 minutes later the notification on fordpass came up and it was ready.
Mine was similar but a couple of hours total: First Marlin said his software was up to date but didn’t give an updated number (~7:00 pm). Then he said he had update 1.7.1 but notes weren’t showing up (~8:30). Then I received a message in Ford Pass the update was installed. I checked and Notes were there.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Mine was similar but a couple of hours total: First Marlin said his software was up to date but didn’t give an updated number (~7:00 pm). Then he said he had update 1.7.1 but notes weren’t showing up (~8:30). Then I received a message in Ford Pass the update was installed. I checked and Notes were there.
So, totally opposite my experience, huh?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

TAPe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mustang GT convertible, BRONCO
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Which I have, but that doesn’t address my underlying question: why do some people see “1.7.1” in system update after this update and others do not? I don’t understand the inconsistency? Perhaps I’m just dense? (Which is always a good starting assumption ?)
The only way to see, is to know what the OTA actually updated, and check the module software on it. This particular OTA updated the APIM. 1.7.1 isn't a version of any software on the car at all. Just a name of the OTA make it easier to keep track of what it updated.

This is why you have seen people get 1.6, and then get 1.4. They aren't sequential updates. They are just update deployments that are independent of each other. Its definitely a confusing way to do it, and not being able to see an actual version in the car to verify doesn't help.

If you have the below version of Sync, then you have the 1.7.1 update:
1635174305668.png
This is what I now have after multiple attempts after calling Ford. This is one of the reasons they told me to get it to the dealer.
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? FE16B4C1-898E-481F-8422-78F07FC7DBAA

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This is what I now have after multiple attempts after calling Ford. This is one of the reasons they told me to get it to the dealer.
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? FE16B4C1-898E-481F-8422-78F07FC7DBAA
That's definitely a new one.

jacer

First Name
Jacen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150
Country flag
PM me your VIN I want to see if it actually successfully says it updated or if it is a bug that it told you it updated already.

Having the exact same issues as above but then yesterday it showed that it had successfully downloaded. Now, however, it still says up to date and I don't have any 1.7.1 features. Is it possible for you to check mine as well? Thanks so much.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Having the exact same issues as above but then yesterday it showed that it had successfully downloaded. Now, however, it still says up to date and I don't have any 1.7.1 features. Is it possible for you to check mine as well? Thanks so much.
Just gotta PM me.

OldBlueMME

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Ext, 2023 Yamaha MTO9
Country flag
I got into my car yesterday and it indicate that the 1.7.1 update failed. I do have the Notes app and it works, but when I check the System Update page it still shows that 1.60 is my current version and all is up to date. Car is working as expected so no issues there just don't have 1.7.1 just yet from what I can tell.
When I go to the system update page in the screen all I get is system is up to date. It doesn't tell me what version I current have. Is there somewhere else I should go to see the current version?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hey everyone, so since Friday my car has said its on 1.7.1, but I have none of the new features (no frunk button, no Drawing pad, nothing). My vehicle turned automatic updates off and I can't toggle it back on (when I do, as soon as I leave the update screen and come back its toggled off again), I also can no longer set desired update times, they just wont save.

Has anyone else had any issues with the OTA getting seemingly stuck? in total my mdm9650-TCU device has downloaded 5.04 GB of data over the last month and hasn't downloaded anything new since 9/29/21. This is smaller then the update should be so I am not really sure what is going on here.
Hello there, Daniel. Please send us a private message with your Mach-E's VIN and current mileage. I'd like to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

TAPe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

TAPe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As i wrote the other day, my car was behaving almost identically to the original post. I took it to the dealer this morning and received a call just before closing this afternoon. They have tried correcting the issue all day and have been unable to get it fixed. They have performed master resets and tried to update it but it continually failed. The service representative told me the technician was talking to an engineer at Ford. The car is still at the dealer and the technician is supposed to call me tomorrow. We’ve really loved the car but has to be able to get updates, either as an OTA or at the dealer, to function properly.
Sponsored