OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

TAPe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mustang GT convertible, BRONCO
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sounds like I only wanna take this vehicle to a dealer for scheduled maintenance. Though I’m even worried about that now.
I had sent a note last Monday on 1.7.1 being stuck and received a note from Charity as well. They tried rolling back 1..7.1 and resent the update. She said that was the first step in trying to resolve the problem. It is now stuck again,. They had me send a feedback as well. She said they are closely monitoring the situation and told me they would get back to me if they needed anything else. So I am keeping my fingers crossed as well.
I just talked to our dealership representative and Ford tried to reload some files again this morning after reviewing the requested information they received last week from the technician working on our car. Again the car failed to download them. The dealership told me that a rental has been arranged which we will get Thursday. That will be over two weeks since I brought the car in to be fixed. It seems like things are no further along since the day I dropped it off. In fact after master resets and repeated attempts to download various files, we’re concerned that things are worse than it was two weeks ago. At least then we had our car to drive.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I just talked to our dealership representative and Ford tried to reload some files again this morning after reviewing the requested information they received last week from the technician working on our car. Again the car failed to download them. The dealership told me that a rental has been arranged which we will get Thursday. That will be over two weeks since I brought the car in to be fixed. It seems like things are no further along since the day I dropped it off. In fact after master resets and repeated attempts to download various files, we’re concerned that things are worse than it was two weeks ago. At least then we had our car to drive.
I know you said you didn't reach out to the Early Access team before dropping the car off, but have you since? You might send them an email, and tell them your situation. They may actually be able to help the dealer get it updated quicker. Or at least get your car back to you until the fix is found if they don't have one yet.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
According to the Poll, there has been 9 people on here that reported they got it in the last few days that are NOT in Early Access. But still mostly limited to EA members.
I updated the poll to show we "got" the 1.7.1 update and we are not in the early access program. However for our Mach-E we have the "---" version issue too. It's been a week now and no signs of any actual updates.

We have a 4 day weekend so I thought maybe I will do a master reset and start over... I'm not sure if that will make any difference though :(

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Going by what you said maybe I should hold off on doing a master reset?

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
Let me join in on this Sync "version --" group. As with the OP, my car downloaded just 4.85GB according to my router. Per the other 1.7.1 thread, it should've been closer to 8GB.

BTW, it had to be pure coincidence, but yesterday was when I decided to update my iPhone to iOS 15.1 from 14.8. Shortly after I got in the car with iOS 15.1 was when I noticed the down arrow for 1.7.1.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Let me join in on this Sync "version --" group. As with the OP, my car downloaded just 4.85GB according to my router. Per the other 1.7.1 thread, it should've been closer to 8GB.

BTW, it had to be pure coincidence, but yesterday was when I decided to update my iPhone to iOS 15.1 from 14.8. Shortly after I got in the car with iOS 15.1 was when I noticed the down arrow for 1.7.1.
Is it the TCU that shows up on the router that you can see how much it downloaded?

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
As I mentioned this in another thread here; my dealership has been having troubles installing 1.7.1 manually. I am very curious what could be causing this.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yup, I had the dim screen today when I stopped by Walgreens. I rebooted the SYNC system and it was back to normal. I then checked my version and it showed 1.7!!! I was pretty happy!!

Then as I was driving to work I was like, oh ya Carplay navigation on the driver screen, so I just threw in a random address, no navigation on the driver screen. So I tired to push the volume wheel to get the quite screen or whatever its called, nodda...

When I got to work I looked for the other updates and nodda. Checked the version, 1.4 SecureAlert and showing up to date again..

Sigh..... My happiness was once again cut short by this car...

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup, I had the dim screen today when I stopped by Walgreens. I rebooted the SYNC system and it was back to normal. I then checked my version and it showed 1.7!!! I was pretty happy!!

Then as I was driving to work I was like, oh ya Carplay navigation on the driver screen, so I just threw in a random address, no navigation on the driver screen. So I tired to push the volume wheel to get the quite screen or whatever its called, nodda...

When I got to work I looked for the other updates and nodda. Checked the version, 1.4 SecureAlert and showing up to date again..

Definitely makes me wonder if I should be concerned or relieved that this hasn't been pushed to my car yet, how do we know when they are all done pushing it out?

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Definitely makes me wonder if I should be concerned or relieved that this hasn't been pushed to my car yet, how do we know when they are all done pushing it out?
Well more importantly, what do these updates do to the car when they are pushing out?

We have seen a few people say how the cars act "weird" or work in an unexpected way when the 1.7 update is in progress. It makes me wonder if the driving assist fault I had on Saturday was related to the update in some way. Wish we could see a log that said when the updates started.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Was thinking the same thing. Maybe I should not be so bummed I don't have it.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
Is it the TCU that shows up on the router that you can see how much it downloaded?
Yes, the mdm9650-tcu device. The sync device only had the usual <100KB traffic.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, the mdm9650-tcu device. The sync device only had the usual <100KB traffic.
Ok, I was curious, cause I hardly ever see SYNC show up on my router.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag

Hmmm. The dim screen part is interesting -- same thing happened to my screen while I was in the middle of getting 1.7.1 (ie updated version text, recent 'failed update' message in FordPass) and then shortly after, I got the update complete message in FordPass and the checkbox on the main display. But...still no 1.7.1 features? No apps, frunk button, etc. Normally I'd be patient and wait to see what happens, but the appearance of the messages/icons in FordPass and Sync make me wonder if maybe I am part of the stuck crew...

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Was thinking the same thing. Maybe I should not be so bummed I don't have it.
Yeah. You aren't missing anything useful. My wife had my car out of town since last week so I just got it back today and decided to turn off the automatic OTA.

To my horror, I discovered I am too late and now the car is infected.

Lost my saved nav locations, the nav controls have been relocated (moved from across the top to down the left side). Doesn't seem like an improvement.....just a little easier to reach I guess. Some Carplay integration that I don't use anyway.

I am also getting a routine message on my driver's screen about normal cruise and adaptive braking being disabled.

Isn't the idea with OTAs that it would make things work BETTER? Just saying....

EDIT:
Now I am getting a bunch of e-mails now. Looks like the system will read them to me if I wish. I'll need to turn that off because I get hundreds of e-mails each day.

Brake pedal is super sensitive now. Really touchy......

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? 20211109_095300

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? 20211109_095314

Last edited: