OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
I got an OBDII reader and Forscan back when I had some early (probably 12V-related) issues, so for giggles I looked to see if there were any DTCs on the APIM, and indeed there were:

U1A00:87-08, U3000:41-08, U0415:94-49

U1A00 is 'Private Communication Network - Missing Message', and U0415 is 'Invalid Data from ABS control module', both of which kinda sound like the general communication "errors" which go on during software updates, like people describe in the FDRS threads.

U3000 however is a general checksum failure. I wonder if this gets thrown with an incomplete software download that still needs to finish but is otherwise proceeding okay? But if so, why would I have gotten the green check and update complete message in FordPass?

Again, doesn't really bother me (yet) - just interested in seeing how the sausage is made.
Sponsored

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Join the club! I don't think it's still updating but I could be wrong. Mine stayed like you are describing and then sent the message that the update failed. I have the Ford Early Access Team (Charity) working on it and I'm trying to be patient but it's hard to do that when there seems to be no progress on finding a solution.
I finally got "system update failed will try at the next update" on 11/12. My update started on 11/1. I had the same symptums as everyone else on this thread. When I looked at the download screen it rolled back to 1.6.0. But alas my Sync 4 version still shows dashes. I sent a note to Ford Early Access team to let them know it has failed. My car still seems to run ok so far.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I noticed this today on the home screen of the FordPass under Vehicle Alerts. No idea when it came up as its not time stamped. I went through the messages and the only one related to updates is the one that said it failed on the 9th..

Car is still showing 1.4 (Securialert Update) and no features are showing for 1.7.1. I did have 1.7.1 show on my Sync screen once, but it reverted back to 1.4 and generated that failure message. The dim screen issue stopped as of yesterday morning.

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? 1636751240546

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I noticed this today on the home screen of the FordPass under Vehicle Alerts. No idea when it came up as its not time stamped. I went through the messages and the only one related to updates is the one that said it failed on the 9th..

Car is still showing 1.4 (Securialert Update) and no features are showing for 1.7.1. I did have 1.7.1 show on my Sync screen once, but it reverted back to 1.4 and generated that failure message. The dim screen issue stopped as of yesterday morning.

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? 1636751240546
The old software was reloaded and that's why the screen brightness is fixed and the version number reverted

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yes I realize it rolled back. I would not expect a successful upgrade message for rolled back software. The system showed 1.7 on the 9th in the morning, about an hour later it showed 1.4 again.

That is a lot of time to go by to fully roll back an update from the 9th to the 11th.

ahg

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E 4x 2014 Accord V6
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yes I realize it rolled back. I would not expect a successful upgrade message for rolled back software. The system showed 1.7 on the 9th in the morning, about an hour later it showed 1.4 again.

That is a lot of time to go by to fully roll back an update from the 9th to the 11th.
Guess I am lucky that (so far) all 1.7 has done is screw up the connection between the phone and the car. I am not sure if I have the whole of 1.7 since I don't see anything regarding the "notes" option.

SMBE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ER Mach-E AWD
Country flag
I also have the same issue as the OP. Impatiently waiting to see what happens next. Don't want to take to the dealer as last issue (propulsion sound not working from delivery) took two trips and 4 days at the dealer to fix. I have yet to receive a message that 1.7.1 failed.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
The dim screen is a symptom of an incomplete update. Once the update is fully complete, that will go away. It has to do with a mismatch of the software and the configuration file.
I got the dim screen this morning after a failed upgrade yesterday. We have had the car for 4 and 1/2 months and this is the first time I have seen this happen. The screen went back to normal after turning the car off for about 10 minutes.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I got the dim screen this morning after a failed upgrade yesterday. We have had the car for 4 and 1/2 months and this is the first time I have seen this happen. The screen went back to normal after turning the car off for about 10 minutes.
That's the problem with a rolling computer - sometimes you have to reboot it...

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
That's the problem with a rolling computer - sometimes you have to reboot it...
Just booting it sometime feels good. Guess a reboot feels twice as good?

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
I've been checking my car on each drive. Two days ago Sync version went back to normal (old version 20312/243) from --, and the update notification toggle switch came back, but still showing up to date with 1.7.1. So I thought it successfully rolled back. Nope. Yesterday it went back to -- and the update notification toggle is gone once again. It's been over a week, and I still haven't received an unsuccessful message on Ford Pass.

OP
OP

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS , Premium EX4, 22' M3 SR+, R1T Order
Occupation
Electric Utilities - Management
Country flag
Just a note- the dealership called me this morning and they told me that after trying again to download files from the Ford engineers, the engineers at Ford decided to replace the car’s apim module with a new apim module that’s fully updated and functional. The dealership was not sure when they will get the apim. Hopefully soon and hopefully it solves the car’s problems! The car has been at the dealership for over two weeks. Like Cherlin, I’ll update everyone after the apim has been replaced. By the way, our dealership provided a rental which turned out to be a stripped down Sonic sedan.

Same exact outcome for me except we got a 2 door bronco (base, but still!).

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Me too have exactl same issue - 1.7.1 stuck, no new features, "automatic updates" switch stuck off.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Adding my name to the list - I'm stuck with the same glitchy halfway-downloaded patch notes.
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? Screenshot_20211115-223829

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? Screenshot_20211115-223829

I went through several tech support people in FordPass before being given the "OTA Team" number to call: 1-833-926-3233; where I was assigned a case number.

It seems like Ford is very much aware of the problems surrounding the 1.7.1 update, according to the rep I spoke with. I'll update here when I find out what the resolution is.

TAPe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mustang GT convertible, BRONCO
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same exact outcome for me except we got a 2 door bronco (base, but still!).
Knowing that the outcome on our two cars so far have been virtually the same, I’ve been wondering if your car has had the apim change. If so, did this fix the problem? Tomorrow my car will have been at the dealership three weeks! The apim change was finally decided by Ford last Thursday. Now we are waiting on the apim and I still have some questions if this will be the “magic bullet.” I’m sure many of us on this thread would be interested in what has happened with your car.
Sponsored