OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

Kneebeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Adding my name to the list - I'm stuck with the same glitchy halfway-downloaded patch notes.
Screenshot_20211115-223829.png

Screenshot_20211115-223829.png

I went through several tech support people in FordPass before being given the "OTA Team" number to call: 1-833-926-3233; where I was assigned a case number.

It seems like Ford is very much aware of the problems surrounding the 1.7.1 update, according to the rep I spoke with. I'll update here when I find out what the resolution is.
I've had this exact same problem for the last week. Hoping to see what the resolution ends up being.

OP
OP

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS , Premium EX4, 22' M3 SR+, R1T Order
Occupation
Electric Utilities - Management
Country flag
Knowing that the outcome on our two cars so far have been virtually the same, Iā€™ve been wondering if your car has had the apim change. If so, did this fix the problem? Tomorrow my car will have been at the dealership three weeks! The apim change was finally decided by Ford last Thursday. Now we are waiting on the apim and I still have some questions if this will be the ā€œmagic bullet.ā€ Iā€™m sure many of us on this thread would be interested in what has happened with your car.
Still waiting on the APIM, its been a bit over a week since they ordered it. Apparently it gets sent to a third party to program and they have no idea when it will actually come in.

Jonrd2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I have the same problem - stuck on 1.7, canā€™t toggle on Automatic Updates. I thought I could get around it by trying set the updated schedule time, but it wouldnā€™t let me. Following this thread to see if others get it resolved.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I noticed this today on the home screen of the FordPass under Vehicle Alerts. No idea when it came up as its not time stamped. I went through the messages and the only one related to updates is the one that said it failed on the 9th..

Car is still showing 1.4 (Securialert Update) and no features are showing for 1.7.1. I did have 1.7.1 show on my Sync screen once, but it reverted back to 1.4 and generated that failure message. The dim screen issue stopped as of yesterday morning.

1636751240546.png
My Wife got the same notice from Fordpass yesterday but no indication from the car that this update has been completed? So far, the dim screen problem has not returned.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The only way to see, is to know what the OTA actually updated, and check the module software on it. This particular OTA updated the APIM. 1.7.1 isn't a version of any software on the car at all. Just a name of the OTA make it easier to keep track of what it updated.

This is why you have seen people get 1.6, and then get 1.4. They aren't sequential updates. They are just update deployments that are independent of each other. Its definitely a confusing way to do it, and not being able to see an actual version in the car to verify doesn't help.

If you have the below version of Sync, then you have the 1.7.1 update:
1635174305668.png
It is a bit funny the random combination of this update. I think my location is a bit like @TheVirtualTim's as mine sat for a few days plugged over 50% with slow wi-fi access for a few days. As soon as I brought it into the city. I was sitting in the lot waiting for the girls to roll out the groceries with car powered on still streaming tunes and the car shut down after a short time. Booted it up quickly and the main screen came up at a smaller resolution (top left 2/3 screen) and then resized? Message pop up that noted an update failed. But the tunes came back so all was good ;).

These are my current screens? Said it failed?

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? Untitled-1

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
It is a bit funny the random combination of this update. I think my location is a bit like @TheVirtualTim's as mine sat for a few days plugged over 50% with slow wi-fi access for a few days. As soon as I brought it into the city. I was sitting in the lot waiting for the girls to roll out the groceries with car powered on still streaming tunes and the car shut down after a short time. Booted it up quickly and the main screen came up at a smaller resolution (top left 2/3 screen) and then resized? Message pop up that noted an update failed. But the tunes came back so all was good ;).

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? Untitled-1
My Sync is 21008, Revision 252 (been this since I bought it, just says "System Up to Date"). I feel like this is an in-between since it's a July 3rd 2021 build and I already have some features it says it added in 1.7.1, except for Notes and CarPlay in instrument cluster and I'm sure some other bug fixes.

I'm wondering if that is why I haven't received those updates yet, mine will be a later deployment?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Sync is 21008, Revision 252 (been this since I bought it, just says "System Up to Date"). I feel like this is an in-between since it's a July 3rd 2021 build and I already have some features it says it added in 1.7.1, except for Notes and CarPlay in instrument cluster and I'm sure some other bug fixes.

I'm wondering if that is why I haven't received those updates yet, mine will be a later deployment?
Mine was 20312 Rev. 243 until recently. I had a few updates but that did not change. I do not think it means much and you can not really tell if your vehicle is up to date based on it. I had 4 over the air updates and a few service installs prior to this one and the sync version did not change.

JDrazMME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Star White MME Premium Ext Batt AWD
Country flag
Adding my name to the list - I'm stuck with the same glitchy halfway-downloaded patch notes.

I went through several tech support people in FordPass before being given the "OTA Team" number to call: 1-833-926-3233; where I was assigned a case number.

It seems like Ford is very much aware of the problems surrounding the 1.7.1 update, according to the rep I spoke with. I'll update here when I find out what the resolution is.
I'm stuck just like you. My screen also cuts off at "but yo"

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag

This has got to be near worst case scenario, with cars in various states of installation failure.

My car is showing Sync version --, automatic update stuck at off, and update notification disappeared. They came back once and disappeared again. All while saying it's up to date with 1.7.1. Never received any installation notices in Ford Pass or the car. Other than PaaK and wireless Carplay seemingly more glitchy (which may or maybe not related to the failed 1.7.1 update), everything operates normally.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine was 20312 Rev. 243 until recently. I had a few updates but that did not change. I do not think it means much and you can not really tell if your vehicle is up to date based on it. I had 4 over the air updates and a few service installs prior to this one and the sync version did not change.
Yeah, I just really wanna know when I should be concerned when I don't have the newer features. Am I still waiting in line or is something else up?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, I just really wanna know when I should be concerned when I don't have the newer features. Am I still waiting in line or is something else up?
Appears currently Ford has provided no path for costumers to check to see if their OS and modules are up to date. It appears that there could be a number of different combinations of firmware/software running on the same type vehicle. We would assume that ford is working towards standardizing as that may help trouble shooting if all have the same programing. Possible that is what 1.7.1 is starting and why so big?

Why is the ugly colored X beside the vehicle icon now when opened and not a big X icon like your logo (center) when you are in there? Things that make you say hmmm. Not a problem as it is most likely the last time I will visit notes also. Those are not the updates I am looking for and failed is my current status? What firmware did not take who knows other than Ford? Appears double clicking on a exe file has different outcomes for different vehicles. Possibly because some need more installed than others? It still works so not a biggie. We will wait and see what happens.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Appears currently Ford has provided no path for costumers to check to see if their OS and modules are up to date. It appears that there could be a number of different combinations of firmware/software running on the same type vehicle. We would assume that ford is working towards standardizing as that may help trouble shooting if all have the same programing. Possible that is what 1.7.1 is starting and why so big?

Why is the ugly colored X beside the vehicle icon now when opened and not a big X icon like your logo (center) when you are in there? Things that make you say hmmm. Not a problem as it is most likely the last time I will visit notes also. Those are not the updates I am looking for and failed is my current status? What firmware did not take who knows other than Ford? Appears double clicking on a exe file has different outcomes for different vehicles. Possibly because some need more installed than others? It still works so not a biggie. We will wait and see what happens.
Honestly all I want right now is CarPlay in instrument cluster and of course some bug fixes.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag

I'm in your same boat/Sync screen version/revision

When I go in for my recall, I'm asking/demanding they do all the TSBs/OTAs (They can force them with their connections) and seeing if that fixes my SYNC garbling every few weeks.

(got to the point where I feel like I should just reset the Sync screen when I get in)

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm in your same boat/Sync screen version/revision

When I go in for my recall, I'm asking/demanding they do all the TSBs/OTAs (They can force them with their connections) and seeing if that fixes my SYNC garbling every few weeks.

(got to the point where I feel like I should just reset the Sync screen when I get in)
Oh interesting, thankfully I don't have to go in for a recall. But yeah I guess if I was gonna be at the dealer anyways, I would have them do that as well. Would really love to just get this stuff OTA though.

TAPe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mustang GT convertible, BRONCO
Occupation
Retired
Country flag