OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I am in the same boat as most people, I think. I received the failed to update message 2 weeks ago and then about a week later got the "Update successful" notification in FordPass, but nothing looks different. I don't have the frunk button, I don't have the notes app, I don't have Apple Map directions displaying on speedometer area.

Has anyone figured out a fix to get the update to actually... update?

I saw a few people saying after a few days their update just happened but mine has been 8 days now and still no changes.
Same here, nothing has happened since getting the update successful message??
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So something just interesting happened to me. My July 3, 2021 build now has SecuriAlert available in FordPass and it works just fine! So I must have got some sort of update today. My screen still says System Up to Date like it always has, so not sure which ā€œversionā€ I have yet. Seeing reports on Reddit of later builds getting 1.6 rolling out to them now.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
My car has been in this stuck state for over two weeks. So I have to contact Ford and open a case? All this time I thought it'll revert itself to the old version after some time.
The updates are sideloaded, so if you don't have 1.7.1, you're still on the old version.
Not necessarily -- I'll be referring to this forum and the number of people stuck in the same situation as me. I'll report back with what they suggest. I'm sure it'll resolve without intervention, but I'll let everyone know here.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same here, nothing has happened since getting the update successful message??
I got an unsuccessful message but have notes. Had carplay audio drop outs galore once since the fail but toggled conductivity and rebooted and it has been OK since. Still working here but appears this OTA is not without a hiccup. Bit too bad was hoping we would get on a roll.

I'll report back with what they suggest. I'm sure it'll resolve without intervention, but I'll let everyone know here.
Let us know I have been rocking the vehicle for a while now and nothing is happening. ;) If the vehicle is working I really do not see the big deal except this type of problem is not the greatest indication of our future. Hoping it clears up and also think it is Fords problem to solve not owners.

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The updates are sideloaded, so if you don't have 1.7.1, you're still on the old version.
Not necessarily -- I'll be referring to this forum and the number of people stuck in the same situation as me. I'll report back with what they suggest. I'm sure it'll resolve without intervention, but I'll let everyone know here.
I have been stuck since 11/1 and have had the update fail. I have been in contact with the early access folks since 11/4. In my last email exchange, Charity asked where I was located telling me I may have to take it to a dealer. She said they are not there yet and they are working hard on the problem. I hope you are right that they can resolve it without a trip to the dealer but I am not sanguine that will happen based on their wanting my dealer info just in case.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Been over a week. still not working. hesitant to bring it back to the dealer again. seems it gets worse instead of better. :(
Thereā€™s nothing in 1.7.1 worth making a special trip to the dealer.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not even tic tac toe!?
Actually, the only feature I really want is the cloud based saving of radio presets, so they stop resetting on me.
I just want CarPlay in dash and having my presets stay at 4 rows

Wally

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Red Premium Mach E4
Country flag
I had everything updated at the dealer a second time. they told me 5 hours of software updates. Everything seems to be there now and working much better.

TAPe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mustang GT convertible, BRONCO
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have been stuck since 11/1 and have had the update fail. I have been in contact with the early access folks since 11/4. In my last email exchange, Charity asked where I was located telling me I may have to take it to a dealer. She said they are not there yet and they are working hard on the problem. I hope you are right that they can resolve it without a trip to the dealer but I am not sanguine that will happen based on their wanting my dealer info just in case.
As some of you who have been following this thread may know, per Fordā€˜s direction I took our car to the dealer after issues and some likely false alerts occurred during several unsuccessful 1.7.1 download attempts In September. The car has been at the dealership since OCTOBER 27! A case number and a case manager was assigned by Ford. I also have talked to Charity who manages the Early Access Program. She had her team investigate what has been happening to our car. A couple of weeks ago Ford finally decided to replace the carā€™s APIM. Yesterday I talked to the dealerā€™s service representative and the new APIM was finally installed Wednesday.

Friday the ā€œcustomer satisfactionā€ updates that were just sent to all Ford dealers was downloaded. The service representative told me the download stopped after it was 85% complete and an error message occurred. He said the failed download was bad, but even worse, everything on the car shut down. They couldnā€™t even get it to start or to respond to any type of communication. They tried contacting the engineers they are working with at Ford, but the group was not working on Friday. Before closing, the dealership called and told me that the technician working on the car had just started and moved the car. He has no idea why he could finally get it to start.

I sent an email to Charity and I will be talking to our case manager Monday. In the meantime, weā€™re trying to to enjoy our holiday. At least weā€™re able to spend time with our kids and grandkids this year! For that, my wife and I are really thankful!!

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Friday the ā€œcustomer satisfactionā€ updates that were just sent to all Ford dealers was downloaded. The service representative told me the download stopped after it was 85% complete and an error message occurred. He said the failed download was bad, but even worse, everything on the car shut down. They couldnā€™t even get it to start or to respond to any type of communication. They tried contacting the engineers they are working with at Ford, but the group was not working on Friday. Before closing, the dealership called and told me that the technician working on the car had just started and moved the car. He has no idea why he could finally get it to start.
This really concerns me that the customer satisfaction update that's supposed to fix our problem may exacerbate it. AND keep my car in the shop for a month.

Did they give you a mach-e loaner?

Jonrd2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
As some of you who have been following this thread may know, per Fordā€˜s direction I took our car to the dealer after issues and some likely false alerts occurred during several unsuccessful 1.7.1 download attempts In September. The car has been at the dealership since OCTOBER 27! A case number and a case manager was assigned by Ford. I also have talked to Charity who manages the Early Access Program. She had her team investigate what has been happening to our car. A couple of weeks ago Ford finally decided to replace the carā€™s APIM. Yesterday I talked to the dealerā€™s service representative and the new APIM was finally installed Wednesday.

I sent an email to Charity and I will be talking to our case manager Monday. In the meantime, weā€™re trying to to enjoy our holiday. At least weā€™re able to spend time with our kids and grandkids this year! For that, my wife and I are really thankful!!
Thanks for the update. I have called Ford Customer Service to see if I could get anywhere. According to them, I have the latest software. Nope. So, aside from taking it to the dealer like you did, I am at a loss.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Really hope Ford hooks you up with free charging or something even better.
Sponsored