OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

OP
OP

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS , Premium EX4, 22' M3 SR+, R1T Order
Occupation
Electric Utilities - Management
Country flag
So update, I finally got my car back after having the apim replaced. It seemed to fix the update issue as I now have note and a (non working) frunk button. Also not sure how, but my car now fast charges past 80% all the way up to 90% I was getting between 40 and 50 kw charging
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? PXL_20211126_194409548
Sponsored

Rob FFE

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select, 2017 FFE, 2013 Cmax, 1996 Ranger
Occupation
Electrical Engineer (retired)
Country flag
I've been following this thread with great interest, nearly from the beginning. Based on the experiences of others I decided to turn OFF auto updates.

Well, it looks like Ford is following Microsoft's example with Windows 10 by forcing a download. Today I found the reminders to download the update at the top of the center display screen and in FordPass were gone, the system status shows software is up to date and 1.7.1 is downloaded. I could see no sign of the new features so assume the installation has not yet been done. And, auto updates is still OFF.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So update, I finally got my car back after having the apim replaced. It seemed to fix the update issue as I now have note and a (non working) frunk button. Also not sure how, but my car now fast charges past 80% all the way up to 90% I was getting between 40 and 50 kw charging
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? PXL_20211126_194409548
They must have done the new customer satisfaction update while they had it. Can you confirm they did that?

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
So in the middle of driving today I noticed the download arrow on my display. Ford Sync version went back to the old version, and update notification toggle came back. Going to the update menu, I had the install button again, but in the update notes there was still the strange Chinese character and gets cutoff at "yo" lol. I thought, great, it finally reverted itself. The next time I restarted the car the down arrow disappeared, yep Ford Sync went back to -- and notification toggle disappeared once again.

Probably unrelated, but early this week I finally got a vehicle status alert/update pending in Ford Pass. 3 weeks after my car has been stuck in this state, lol.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
The dealer likely did the module updates for Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
My wife's has tried 3X and gotten stuck.
I've had no notice.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, itā€™s progress.
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? IMG_8189.PNG
Yeah my July build just got 1.6 installed. Havenā€™t had Securialert since I got and now thatā€™s there as well. Looks like there was module updates. Iā€™m just glad I finally got some sort of update so I know that function is working.

Jonrd2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I got the same screen with the ā€˜But yoā€™. The update failed and the Automatic updates is switched off.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Itā€™s kinda wild they know all about this issue but still keep sending out the same update. Has anyone successfully got this update OTA or is it just a handful of folks having issues?

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I went out to grab some dinner and brought it home. While eating, I got a FordPass notification on my phone, figured it was telling my it locked when I walked away. Nope, it was letting me know I got 1.7.1, so I guess I can play tic-tac-toe now. Not sure if itā€™s tried before or how many times, etc. It usually just sits in the garage where, if Iā€™m lucky, I get horrible cell reception. Maybe taking it out and about let it get a signal so it could download. I do have a wi-fi extender in the garage and have paired the MME with my network, Iā€™d hope it would default to that instead of 1/2 bar cell reception. I donā€™t know, and to be honest, donā€™t really care that much. Just adding my $0.02 here to let people know it is trickling out to some of us with the data point of being out and about when it seems to have come in.

OP
OP

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS , Premium EX4, 22' M3 SR+, R1T Order
Occupation
Electric Utilities - Management
Country flag
They must have done the new customer satisfaction update while they had it. Can you confirm they did that?
I can't confirm, they did supposedly update everything they could, but this was the first mach-e they were working on and were still very new with all the software stuff.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went out to grab some dinner and brought it home. While eating, I got a FordPass notification on my phone, figured it was telling my it locked when I walked away. Nope, it was letting me know I got 1.7.1, so I guess I can play tic-tac-toe now. Not sure if itā€™s tried before or how many times, etc. It usually just sits in the garage where, if Iā€™m lucky, I get horrible cell reception. Maybe taking it out and about let it get a signal so it could download. I do have a wi-fi extender in the garage and have paired the MME with my network, Iā€™d hope it would default to that instead of 1/2 bar cell reception. I donā€™t know, and to be honest, donā€™t really care that much. Just adding my $0.02 here to let people know it is trickling out to some of us with the data point of being out and about when it seems to have come in.
Thanks, I was wondering if someone got this successfully.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
first and only power up, 1.6. Eight months. Securialert now available. Could mean I am now eligible to receive other power ups.? (now blocked out of connected services on Ford web sight owner account).

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
The update button reappeared for the second time today. This time I caught it before I shut the car off. I pressed update and left the car on in the garage. So far it has downloaded 1.55GB. Speed fluctuate between 5-12Mbps. Why is Ford so cheap with the bandwidth :rolleyes: The car sits right next to a hardwired mesh node so it has full speed of my home network.

Edit: and it just disconnected itself from the network, with just 1.55GB downloaded. I can expect another failed update attempt.
Sponsored

Last edited: