OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

Zeromarine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Country flag
How long did it take for yours to change from expired? Mine expired last week and its been the same since. No changes since the 30th.
My f150 had expired up until it looks' like it was going to download again this month about a week ago, it was queued , now a day later it says failed this was a few days ago so I hope I get something soon ota to fix this.
Sponsored

sdespain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
And for those of us that have failed 1.7.1 updates and are in limbo, Power-up 2.3.0 just released and now we are further behind the curve with updates waiting for a fix. :(

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
And for those of us that have failed 1.7.1 updates and are in limbo, Power-up 2.3.0 just released and now we are further behind the curve with updates waiting for a fix. :(
I'm really not filled with confidence that this can be fixed OTA for everyone or that that fix, if even possible, will be coming anytime "soon" from Ford. If it was so easy, why wouldn't we have our fix yet after almost three months of being "stuck" at 1.7.1?

When my dealer tried to update APIM it failed and he said "it won't even communicate now" and ordered a new one. I do not know how an APIM that "won't even communicate" can be fixed OTA.

Zeromarine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Country flag
I'm really not filled with confidence that this can be fixed OTA for everyone or that that fix, if even possible, will be coming anytime "soon" from Ford. If it was so easy, why wouldn't we have our fix yet after almost three months of being "stuck" at 1.7.1?

When my dealer tried to update APIM it failed and he said "it won't even communicate now" and ordered a new one. I do not know how an APIM that "won't even communicate" can be fixed OTA.
Im sure they will figure something out, I doubt they want to be replacing apims which are very expensive.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag

I am in the same situation.....

Waiting for some word from Ford!

As far as I can tell from reading all these posts, is that the cars really stuck in 1.7.1 limbo seem to get fixed after the APIM is replaced. Because if that hardware is not working, how can any OTA update get through? But I have waited this long, what is a few more days for a possible software fix? If that is not the case and they have to tear into the dash to replace the APIM, I want the new hardware parts in the tech's hands before I show up! No more thirteen days of waiting with "I am Sorry" and "You Have To Understand" excuses.

Jim

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The next sync update might be coming soon. I don't know any specific timeframe, but, I heard it got approved this week along with some other things. Hoping this is a sign that more meaningful OTA's are going to start coming though.
Well, I certainly didn't expect it to get release to everyone just a few hours after posting that. haha

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

My contact at the Ford OTA IVT escalations has informed me that the engineering team is actively working on a fix for this exact issue, but the ETA is not yet known. An ETA should be forthcoming, according to her, by mid next week.

It's not much, and I'm as frustrated as you are. But they are trying to make it happen as an OTA for those of us who are stuck.
The last resort will indeed be a full APIM replacement if that fails. But at least it's under warranty!

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My contact at the Ford OTA IVT escalations has informed me that the engineering team is actively working on a fix for this exact issue, but the ETA is not yet known. An ETA should be forthcoming, according to her, by mid next week.

It's not much, and I'm as frustrated as you are. But they are trying to make it happen as an OTA for those of us who are stuck.
The last resort will indeed be a full APIM replacement if that fails. But at least it's under warranty!
Hmm, that's quite interesting. But everyone is agreed that module replacement is a last resort

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
PowerUp 1.7.1 has been stuck for a couple of months for me. I took the car to the dealer about a month ago to get the 21P22 Software Calibration and asked for TSB 21-2310 for the APIM update but they only did the calibration. I took it to the dealer again today to see if they could update the APIM module under TSB 21-2310 and potentially fix the OTA issue.

I went into the shop to talk to the tech and he showed me the modules FDRS said needed updating on his computer (photo below). The only module that was reported updated with 21P22 but still needed updating today was ABS. The others, APIM, IPMA, and GSM needed to be updated last time but were not covered by 21P22, so they didn't do it.

The service manager texted me that APIM did not update ("will not even communicate now") and the tech will order a new one. Says most of the time it takes a few days (4 to 5) to get a new one. Sounds like they have experience replacing the APIM module. When I went to pick up the car, I asked the service manager if they had replaced the APIM on other MMEs. He said he has three MMEs and two F150s "same thing".

Photos of the car being updated:

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg
I really hope that you have better luck than I do with getting a new APIM. My dealer was having the same issue and ordered a new APIM back in November and it still hasn't shown up yet.

I just got off the phone with my dealer and they said that the part supplier is waiting for Ford Canada to send them the Synch 4 software to install to the module and they aren't responding. I have been waiting for almost 2-months at this point.

Getting pretty tired of dealing with all these issues and getting a functional Sync system.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
Hmm, that's quite interesting. But everyone is agreed that module replacement is a last resort
I don't really have a problem with my dealer replacing the APIM. The service manager told me what the "usual" order time was for the module and said they have three MMEs and two F150s with the problem, so they seem experienced with the issue.

Plus, I'm sick of waiting for pie in the sky promises to materialize. I might wait, if Ford announced that a fix was available OTA or communicate anything about it at all to affected owners, but they won't. Again, I'm worried that this just won't happen OTA, despite best intentions from Ford.

Also, replacing the APIM doesn't look too complicated. Not that I have total confidence in the dealer, but they should be able to handle it.

EDIT: That is, if they can even get the part...

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I don't really have a problem with my dealer replacing the APIM. The service manager told me what the "usual" order time was for the module and said they have three MMEs and two F150s with the problem, so they seem experienced with the issue.

Plus, I'm sick of waiting for pie in the sky promises to materialize. I might wait, if Ford announced that a fix was available OTA or communicate anything about it at all to affected owners, but they won't. Again, I'm worried that this just won't happen OTA, despite best intentions from Ford.

Also, replacing the APIM doesn't look too complicated. Not that I have total confidence in the dealer, but they should be able to handle it.

EDIT: That is, if they can even get the part...
My dealer said that the normal time to get the APIM is was 1-2 weeks. I'm not sure what is going on to cause a delay of 6 weeks or more, but at this time it seems like the parts supplier has the APIM but is waiting on Ford Canada to send them the synch 4 update to put on it before they ship it. This sounded a bit odd to me as the module should have been able to be programmed at the dealership, but maybe there is something that wasn't clearly communicated between the parts vendor and my dealer.

Reactions: SAM

Zeromarine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Country flag

Sounds good I hope its the same for my f150 also
Thanks for the update

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I got an icon showing an update was ready. I have no idea which update.

I turned on my car an told it to update now.

Fordpass says it failed because my car is in a deep sleep, whatever that means. It's off.

I went out and there isn't any indication on the screen what happened, how to correct the 'deep sleep' problem or which update I'm supposed to be getting, it doen't indicate any useful actionable information.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I got an icon showing an update was ready. I have no idea which update.

I turned on my car an told it to update now.

Fordpass says it failed because my car is in a deep sleep, whatever that means. It's off.

I went out and there isn't any indication on the screen what happened, how to correct the 'deep sleep' problem or which update I'm supposed to be getting, it doen't indicate any useful actionable information.
An icon in your car, or on your app?

Was it successful in the end?

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
An icon in your car, or on your app?

Was it successful in the end?
It was.

I went out and switched it to automatic updates. 20 minutes later Fordpass showed a successful update...but I still have no idea which update it is.

And, the notice on Fordpass won't go away, there's no clear or delete available. It just says Update Successful, check out what's new and goes on with happy talk about bug fixes.

All I want to know is what number update is it?

Oh, and I pressed the volume control.... no calm screen so I didn't get THAT one.
Sponsored