OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
This morning, I found out that I could set my time/day. So, I set it for 30 minutes later. I will go and check it out later. My guess is that it will fail, but maybe Santa Claus is giving us a late Xmas gift.
So, about two hours later, I went to look at it. AND yes, the problem came back. I cannot set the time of day to schedule an update and the automatic update turns off every time I turn off the car.
Sponsored

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I can take a look into this on my end.
Hey @Ford Motor Company, we all appreciate that you're here, but I think the consensus is that we need something more than sending you folks a PM with our VIN numbers in it. This isn't a problem isolated to a handful of Mach-e owners. Can you provide a global update for us? (Even if it's to refute my statement that we're all suffering the same problem, that would be useful.)

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Hey @Ford Motor Company, we all appreciate that you're here, but I think the consensus is that we need something more than sending you folks a PM with our VIN numbers in it. This isn't a problem isolated to a handful of Mach-e owners. Can you provide a global update for us? (Even if it's to refute my statement that we're all suffering the same problem, that would be useful.)
I agree completely with this post. I'm sure it's more than a handful of people. There may people who have the same situation but have no idea it's not fully updated.

FordMachEGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWDx April 2021 build.
Country flag
I agree completely with this post. I'm sure it's more than a handful of people. There may people who have the same situation but have no idea it's not fully updated.
Add my voice to the requests for a general update from Ford. My emails to the Early Access program are no longer being answered. Speaking for myself and others I believe we’ve been extremely understanding and very patient but at this point I strongly feel that a formal response from Ford Motor Co. is warranted to say the least. Just give us some actual and specific status regarding this issue.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
Add my voice to the requests for a general update from Ford. My emails to the Early Access program are no longer being answered. Speaking for myself and others I believe we’ve been extremely understanding and very patient but at this point I strongly feel that a formal response from Ford Motor Co. is warranted to say the least. Just give us some actual and specific status regarding this issue.
Until there is a response from Ford, if ever, this forum will continue to be filled with personal experience and speculation, which can lead to confusion, frustration, and misinformation.

No information can be worse for the reputation of the MME than Ford admitting a problem and spelling out the action plan they're taking. Think of all the potential owners who are following this forum and are turned off by months long issues in threads like this one with no response from Ford.

Why would Ford not at least say they are working on the issue(s) with the APIM? All we have is speculation and hearsay. No response for months to ongoing issue also leads to speculation as to why (most of it negative).

For example, Ford knows there's a problem with the APIM...
  • but does not want the negative press of admitting so.
  • but is working on a software workaround that may or may not work because they won't or can't handle mass replacement of the module in affected cars right now.
  • but does not fully understand what the problem is or there are multiple problems for different build dates.
I'm sure there are more "reasons" we can all come up with in the absence of communication from Ford.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
SSM 50383 - 2021 F-150/Mustang Mach-E - Over-The-Air (OTA) Failed Message In The Center Touchscreen / SYNC Software Does Not Download From The USB

Some 2021 F-150/Mustang Mach-E vehicles may display OTA Update Not Successful messages on the vehicle’s center touchscreen. Also, when a software update is being performed on the accessory protocol interface module (APIM) using the FDRS, the center touchscreen may not indicate the APIM software is downloading when plugging a USB drive into the vehicle. This may be due to an APIM software concern.Inform customers that Ford is currently working on a solution for this condition that is to be released via the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) in February 2022. Inform the customer that they can continue to drive the vehicle and only need to schedule a follow-up appointment if they are still experiencing the OTA Update Not Successful message in March 2022 or if the APIM is not able to beupdated via the FDRS. Monitor OASIS for updates.

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
SSM 50383 - 2021 F-150/Mustang Mach-E - Over-The-Air (OTA) Failed Message In The Center Touchscreen / SYNC Software Does Not Download From The USB

Some 2021 F-150/Mustang Mach-E vehicles may display OTA Update Not Successful messages on the vehicle’s center touchscreen. Also, when a software update is being performed on the accessory protocol interface module (APIM) using the FDRS, the center touchscreen may not indicate the APIM software is downloading when plugging a USB drive into the vehicle. This may be due to an APIM software concern.Inform customers that Ford is currently working on a solution for this condition that is to be released via the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) in February 2022. Inform the customer that they can continue to drive the vehicle and only need to schedule a follow-up appointment if they are still experiencing the OTA Update Not Successful message in March 2022 or if the APIM is not able to beupdated via the FDRS. Monitor OASIS for updates.
March 2022…omg so that’s a fix in maybe April.

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag

For the owners who do not get the "Update not Successful" message, but only the inability to schedule a time/date to do the update and automatic update does not stay on, WILL this fix that problem

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
For the owners who do not get the "Update not Successful" message, but only the inability to schedule a time/date to do the update and automatic update does not stay on, WILL this fix that problem
Also what is OASIS and how do we monitor that? Thanks

Zeromarine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Country flag
I second that!

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag

Never received an "Over-The-Air (OTA) Failed Message In The Center Touchscreen" only "You are all set", but I'm not.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
So they have an FDRS update path for us coming in Febuary that we should look for in March? Love the consistency they present.

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
So they have an FDRS update path for us coming in Febuary that we should look for in March? Love the consistency they present.
It'll probably release on February 29th just like Bluecruise for the earlier build cars.

dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
I'm on this boat. No error messages. The text for 1.7.1 is partially displayed on the screen. Can't toggle auto-updates to on or schedule updates. On the Ford widget it shows Expired since Dec 30th. I'm thinking it may try again this week * fingers crossed *

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
yep, those lines. And nope, I can’t do those things either andif I check my sync version in the car I get the failed version of —-. Based on the prior time I saw this I expect if I go out driving on 1/12 it will reset to the previous sync version and then take whatever ota they send next.
a-ha, interesting. This time around my sync has reset a day early, as of today I’m back to the previous version of sync and auto update is selectable again. According to the ota info nothing is queued yet… hoping this time around will be lucky!
Sponsored