OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

Ajax

First Name
Ajax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue 4x Extended
Country flag
a-ha, interesting. This time around my sync has reset a day early, as of today I’m back to the previous version of sync and auto update is selectable again. According to the ota info nothing is queued yet… hoping this time around will be lucky!
Speaking of resetting Sync, I reset Sync4A earlier and the option to enable automatic updates or schedule them (and save changes) actually works for me now. Not sure if it will stick or do anything for me, but I disabled automatic updates and set a scheduled update for this evening during charging time. Will let folks know if it works out.

FWIW I did DM the Ford reps here with my VIN and whatnot. They requested more info, created a case for me, then an agent called me to talk over the issue. While super helpful, the agent understandably wasn't super familiar with the Mach-E update process and this issue in particular, and they weren't able to do much thus far other than refer me to a dealer. I'm loathe to go that route since the consensus here seems to be that dealers can't help on this front.
Sponsored

Zeromarine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Country flag
Same here. No center touchscreen message. Just crickets here in Failed OTA Land…
Same never seen that nor have I seen it on ford pass yet the widget says failed though. As well I still can’t turn on updates etc been like that for a month.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Speaking of resetting Sync, I reset Sync4A earlier and the option to enable automatic updates or schedule them (and save changes) actually works for me now. Not sure if it will stick or do anything for me, but I disabled automatic updates and set a scheduled update for this evening during charging time. Will let folks know if it works out.

FWIW I did DM the Ford reps here with my VIN and whatnot. They requested more info, created a case for me, then an agent called me to talk over the issue. While super helpful, the agent understandably wasn't super familiar with the Mach-E update process and this issue in particular, and they weren't able to do much thus far other than refer me to a dealer. I'm loathe to go that route since the consensus here seems to be that dealers can't help on this front.
Followed the same path with the Ford rep that you did and got pretty much the same result you described. A phone call from someone wanting to be helpful but unfamiliar with what we're discussing.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Back on November 4, 2021, I got an app message that a Power Up Software Upgrade was unsuccessful. The Update Details were for the FordPower-Up 1.7.1. Since then, the car has reverted back to an older version which killed PAAK, again. So, the upgrade the dealer did back in August for the PAAK fix seems to have been wiped out and I have to open the driver door before I can open the rear driver side door again, too.

Sigh...still waiting to get my car back from the body shop (waiting on a passenger side headlight which may be "released" from Ford by mid-January, 2022). Once I get it back and it is driveable, I will wait it out for Ford to give dealers the upcoming fix (Feb/Mar).

Excited for those 2.x OTA updates and hope I can get them by Spring.

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Speaking of resetting Sync, I reset Sync4A earlier and the option to enable automatic updates or schedule them (and save changes) actually works for me now.
When you say you reset sync, you did a master reset?

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
So I drove the car around this morning for half an hour and when I got back home, sync had reset to version 243. So maybe it’s giving me another chance?

i was able to turn off automatic updates. We will see.

bballpirate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
So I drove the car around this morning for half an hour and when I got back home, sync had reset to version 243. So maybe it’s giving me another chance?

i was able to turn off automatic updates. We will see.
Same here. After 2+ months some progress. ?

Ajax

First Name
Ajax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue 4x Extended
Country flag
When you say you reset sync, you did a master reset?
Nope, just the volume down + forward seek button hold for 10 seconds. Turns out the setting didn't carry over to today, so it was a fluke. Even after 2 more Sync resets, I can't enable/disable automatic updates or set a schedule. Sigh. Will wait for a fix I guess. At least those of us with a Mach-E are somewhat accustomed to waiting things out at this point, for better or for worse.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Using the website "backdoor" I'm seeing different dates and times. Looks like it might be trying to update to 1.7.1 again today.
Previously:
0: {vin: "3FMTK3R76MMA08773", oemCorrelationId: "FLARE-PRD-SOFTWARE-FNV2-469275-476589",…}
additionalConsentLevel: 1
communicationPriority: "High"
deploymentCreationDate: "2022-01-04T16:22:35.965+0000"
deploymentExpirationTime: "2022-01-11T16:22:35.965+0000"
deploymentFinalConsumerAction: "Not Set"
deploymentId: "f12e7b50-3af8-4cf2-bf06-1cbc1ca55672"
inhibitRequired: false
latestStatus: {aggregateStatus: "failure", detailedStatus: "OTAM_E1016",…}
aggregateStatus: "failure"
dateTimestamp: "2022-01-04T16:42:57.870+0000"
detailedStatus: "OTAM_E1016"
oemCorrelationId: "FLARE-PRD-SOFTWARE-FNV2-469275-476589"

Now showing:
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? OTA STATUS UPDATE.JPG

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
there ya go! Now don't turn it off and cross your fingers for hours and hours. lol.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
there ya go! Now don't turn it off and cross your fingers for hours and hours. lol.
Sitting in the driveway with it on. Cell signal in the garage is fine but a clear look at the sky can't hurt. Funny seeing 100% of energy going to climate.

Taekwonmoe

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE
Occupation
Animator
Country flag
I am so glad and sad to see others with this same issue.

I just took my car to my dealership for the 4th time this week to try and update my car but it keeps refusing. This is after weeks of me trying, resetting, sitting and waiting. 1.7.1 just did not want to work.

Will keep you posted on today, even though they already called me an hour after I dropped it off this morning asking if they could keep it another day. ugh.

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Using the website "backdoor" I'm seeing different dates and times. Looks like it might be trying to update to 1.7.1 again today.
Previously:
0: {vin: "3FMTK3R76MMA08773", oemCorrelationId: "FLARE-PRD-SOFTWARE-FNV2-469275-476589",…}
additionalConsentLevel: 1
communicationPriority: "High"
deploymentCreationDate: "2022-01-04T16:22:35.965+0000"
deploymentExpirationTime: "2022-01-11T16:22:35.965+0000"
deploymentFinalConsumerAction: "Not Set"
deploymentId: "f12e7b50-3af8-4cf2-bf06-1cbc1ca55672"
inhibitRequired: false
latestStatus: {aggregateStatus: "failure", detailedStatus: "OTAM_E1016",…}
aggregateStatus: "failure"
dateTimestamp: "2022-01-04T16:42:57.870+0000"
detailedStatus: "OTAM_E1016"
oemCorrelationId: "FLARE-PRD-SOFTWARE-FNV2-469275-476589"

Now showing:
OTA STATUS UPDATE.JPG
damn that's a quick redeployment for you. Mine is still failed since 12/08.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Looks like it failed again. ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? 1641927974720

I'm guessing that time is GMT. Corresponds to 1:16 EST.
Sponsored