OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
How do you check when updates were attempted to be installed?
The person I replied to had someone that works at a dealership check for him. I only checked on the Ford Pass widget that my updated deployed on Dec 16th and then expired on Dec 30th.
Sponsored

Bsbllfit7

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach e l premium extended
Occupation
Sales
I’m in same boat with 1.7.1 appearing to be stuck. Auto update can’t be turned on or updates scheduled. Also sync version shows -- . Have an appointment scheduled for next Monday will have them look at it then.

Ian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MUSTANG MACH E Extended Range RWD
Country flag
Same issues, stuck in 1.7.0 with autoupdate on OFF and no possibility to turn ON and also -- on SYNC version since 2021 November.
My CAR dealer reset the APIM module but with no effect, my car is still stuck in 1.7.0 and OTA update feature is broken.
My dealer have no idea to how proceed to repair, that's all.
I don't know what to do.

Zeromarine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Country flag
Sounds like we have to wait till March for the fox I guess ?
I’m having the same problem and have a appointment in a week but I may cancel and wait for this other fix so I don’t waste their time and my time. Not sure what to do?

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
Funny, I got an email today saying did the Ford Dealership fix the OTA problem. The folks open a case for me about a month ago and told me to take the car to the dealer. Well, I am at 9k, almost the first service maintenance time., so I will take it in at 10k, tell them to install the TSB, and fix the OTA while they are at. So, what is the betting going to be

1 We never saw that
2 We do not know how to fix it
3 The folks at Ford are saying a fix is coming soon (for the folks that read this thread, you are probably laughing now)
4 Insert your own comments here.

sdespain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
Funny, I got an email today saying did the Ford Dealership fix the OTA problem. The folks open a case for me about a month ago and told me to take the car to the dealer. Well, I am at 9k, almost the first service maintenance time., so I will take it in at 10k, tell them to install the TSB, and fix the OTA while they are at. So, what is the betting going to be

1 We never saw that
2 We do not know how to fix it
3 The folks at Ford are saying a fix is coming soon (for the folks that read this thread, you are probably laughing now)
4 Insert your own comments here.
I am not sure there is a definite plan of fix here. It is my understanding the dealer can NOT fix the problem without replacing the APIM. Yet I have read a few incidents where it appears the dealer did do something to fix it. But then again, who knows in those cases if they had the exact problem. I have been stuck since early November and at this point, I am just waiting until I see enough people in mass via these forums make headway with a true path to resolution.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Took my car in on Monday morning for the TSB 21-2310 updates. Got my car back on Thursday telling me that all the updates of that TSB loaded correctly except for the APIM update. They tried it multiple times and contacted Ford Mach-E support. After uploading files to Ford, they were told that Ford is aware of the problem and that a fix is to be issued in Feb, 2022. That letter has this # at the top - SSM 50383. They gave me a copy.

So my thoughts that TSB 21-2310 would fix the OTA problem I have had since the 1.7.1 update failed and locked up any other OTA updates didn't happen.

I guess it is T-Minus 37 days and counting till the end of February. If this goes into March unresolved, I am going to make serious noise about requesting an APIM replacement. The dealership rep said that in his 35 years experience working for Ford, if Ford gives an actual timeframe for a fix, it usually happens. If they are just stalling, they say "soon".

Jim

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Took my car in on Monday morning for the TSB 21-2310 updates. Got my car back on Thursday telling me that all the updates of that TSB loaded correctly except for the APIM update. They tried it multiple times and contacted Ford Mach-E support. After uploading files to Ford, they were told that Ford is aware of the problem and that a fix is to be issued in Feb, 2022.
Dammit.
So this may be why they couldn’t update my APIM on Thursday, @breeves002 .

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Question for people that are stuck: are you able to add any profile information to your car via FordPass?

I am not.

Ajax

First Name
Ajax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue 4x Extended
Country flag
Took my car in on Monday morning for the TSB 21-2310 updates. Got my car back on Thursday telling me that all the updates of that TSB loaded correctly except for the APIM update. They tried it multiple times and contacted Ford Mach-E support. After uploading files to Ford, they were told that Ford is aware of the problem and that a fix is to be issued in Feb, 2022. That letter has this # at the top - SSM 50383. They gave me a copy.

So my thoughts that TSB 21-2310 would fix the OTA problem I have had since the 1.7.1 update failed and locked up any other OTA updates didn't happen.

I guess it is T-Minus 37 days and counting till the end of February. If this goes into March unresolved, I am going to make serious noise about requesting an APIM replacement. The dealership rep said that in his 35 years experience working for Ford, if Ford gives an actual timeframe for a fix, it usually happens. If they are just stalling, they say "soon".

Jim
Could you post a copy of the letter when you can? Thanks!!!

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
Same issues, stuck in 1.7.0 with autoupdate on OFF and no possibility to turn ON and also -- on SYNC version since 2021 November.
My CAR dealer reset the APIM module but with no effect, my car is still stuck in 1.7.0 and OTA update feature is broken.
My dealer have no idea to how proceed to repair, that's all.
I don't know what to do.
Same here, I actually went to the dealer yesterday to see if they could fix it. They had manually updated to the 2.1 version a couple of weeks ago, but then it seemed that the car reverted back to 1.4. They confirmed the problem and then told me that Ford is aware and are working on a fix but that there is nothing they can do. The funny thing is I talked to Ford, and they said that I should follow up with the dealer to resolve the issue. The car works great so I will leave it at that for now, maybe it will all be fixed in a couple of months.

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
Same here, I actually went to the dealer yesterday to see if they could fix it. They had manually updated to the 2.1 version a couple of weeks ago, but then it seemed that the car reverted back to 1.4. They confirmed the problem and then told me that Ford is aware and are working on a fix but that there is nothing they can do. The funny thing is I talked to Ford, and they said that I should follow up with the dealer to resolve the issue. The car works great so I will leave it at that for now, maybe it will all be fixed in a couple of months.
I think we have enough folks here to say, the dealers are waiting for Ford to either fix it or authorize APIM replacements

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I know that 44 pages is a lot to read, but for those just stumbling on this thread I thought it might be worth summarizing:

Symptoms:
The 1.7.1 OTA install may have given you a failed notice in FordPass. This may have happened up to 3 times (3 attempts to install). After it failed or while it was installing the toggle to enable automatic updates as well as the ability to schedule updates does not work and is permanently disabled. You may also see a sync version of "--". You may also see the updates description saying you have 1.7.1 but it gets truncated before the end of the notes or it may just say you're up to date.

What's Next:
If you talk to lower level Ford support they will probably tell you to go to the dealership to fix it. The dealership cannot fix this. The only possible solutions are as follows:
1. The dealer can replace the APIM in your car. Some dealers have done this, others refuse based on input from Ford to wait for now. Your results may vary here if you insist on this option.
2. Wait for a forthcoming software fix. It is not known at this time if this will be OTA or will require a dealer visit. The current timeline is by the end of February 2022.

I've been in contact (as have several others) with Ford's advanced support (not the lower level support which tells you to go to a dealer). They're working on a fix and I have volunteered to allow them to test this on my car prior to a full deployment. I will keep people posted. This was already attempted OTA once last month and didn't work but it sounds like they're close.

TL;DR: Only way to fix it at the moment is to have a dealer replace your APIM or to wait until the end of February for a pending fix. The dealer cannot fix this via software at the moment.

ElectricSally813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E-X Premium Shadow Black
Country flag
I’m in the same boat as everyone else is. I picked up my MME today after having the software “update” and the recall work done. I had to go in and redo several things that had somehow reverted during the stay at the dealership and I started noticing that none of the things listed on the update were there. I also can’t get the toggle to switch on for automatic updates either.
My only question at the moment is…what does APIM stand for? ??‍♀

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
I’m in the same boat as everyone else is. I picked up my MME today after having the software “update” and the recall work done. I had to go in and redo several things that had somehow reverted during the stay at the dealership and I started noticing that none of the things listed on the update were there. I also can’t get the toggle to switch on for automatic updates either.
My only question at the moment is…what does APIM stand for? ??‍♀

Accessory Protocol Interface Module
Sponsored