OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

samlaw13

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD MME Selext
Country flag
Sorry for the delay folks. Here is my experience...
Was contacted by Ford's Early Access Program product manager to arrange a time for Ford engineers to come to my dealer and perform software updates to try and resolve the stuck OTA update. A member of their OTA Module Programming team emailed and asked if I could bring in my vehicle last Thursday.

While checking into dealer service, the manager mentioned that he just found out about them coming out the evening before.

I was unfortunately working remote from the dealer waiting area and taking a number of calls so was not able to speak with the engineer as much as I would have liked. I also had to rush out when they were done to get to another meeting.

The engineer came out and said the fix was applied successfully after about 90 minutes and that my vehicle was ready for OTA updates. They said they had performed some sort of test and that it had "checked in". He then said they could manually perform a Sync update or I could wait for it to come down on its own. I told him to go ahead and install the sync update which took about 20 minutes. I also asked if I was now all set to receive the Blue Cruise updates and he said yes.

I now had to rush home for my next set of meetings, but did notice that my settings seemed to be gone. Later found that my profile was gone and that I had to re-create and reset my personal settings and re-link my fob and PaaK on my phone. Only major difference I noticed was that the Notes app was now installed.

Under Sync Info, I now show version 21174_PRODUCT, Revision 168

I am now able to select "Automatic Updates" and set a date/time successfully. Per the Blue Cruise email, I've set my update time for Monday 1:00pm to be during business hours. I have not received any notices of updates since I brought it home Thursday. Hoping they start coming this week.
I really hope this is finally the promised land @Ford Motor Company. No one ever contacted me like I was promised and the dealer has no idea what I’m talking about when I’ve asked them about fixes. Hopefully they are able to issue a TSB
Sponsored

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
While this is good news, it is one car in the real world. He has not gotten an OTA update yet. They said it was fix. A few more cars, a few more successful reports, then I will get a little excited.

Matador09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME CR1
Sorry for the delay folks. Here is my experience...
Was contacted by Ford's Early Access Program product manager to arrange a time for Ford engineers to come to my dealer and perform software updates to try and resolve the stuck OTA update. A member of their OTA Module Programming team emailed and asked if I could bring in my vehicle last Thursday.

While checking into dealer service, the manager mentioned that he just found out about them coming out the evening before.

I was unfortunately working remote from the dealer waiting area and taking a number of calls so was not able to speak with the engineer as much as I would have liked. I also had to rush out when they were done to get to another meeting.

The engineer came out and said the fix was applied successfully after about 90 minutes and that my vehicle was ready for OTA updates. They said they had performed some sort of test and that it had "checked in". He then said they could manually perform a Sync update or I could wait for it to come down on its own. I told him to go ahead and install the sync update which took about 20 minutes. I also asked if I was now all set to receive the Blue Cruise updates and he said yes.

I now had to rush home for my next set of meetings, but did notice that my settings seemed to be gone. Later found that my profile was gone and that I had to re-create and reset my personal settings and re-link my fob and PaaK on my phone. Only major difference I noticed was that the Notes app was now installed.

Under Sync Info, I now show version 21174_PRODUCT, Revision 168

I am now able to select "Automatic Updates" and set a date/time successfully. Per the Blue Cruise email, I've set my update time for Monday 1:00pm to be during business hours. I have not received any notices of updates since I brought it home Thursday. Hoping they start coming this week.
Thanks for your update!

I may be wrong, but having to reactivate your fob and PaaK makes it sound like they basically flashed everything on the car and gave you a factory install. Any way to ask their team on the "why" of it all?

trenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium
Country flag
Thanks for your update!

I may be wrong, but having to reactivate your fob and PaaK makes it sound like they basically flashed everything on the car and gave you a factory install. Any way to ask their team on the "why" of it all?
This has also happened for me after the dealer updated all modules during the recall visit. Not the fob, but Paak had to be re enabled

waltermorel

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
In Europe, we are all stuck to 1.4 or 1.6 waiting for a definite fix before they start releasing 2.x.x updates (OTA and/or FDRS) It's So annoying !?

Last edited:

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The latest that I heard is that they're hoping to roll this out to dealers this week after the successful testing in Michigan. After that, the EA members will get a notification to schedule appointments for the fix. Still determining if this fix will also install the latest OTA or you'll have to wait for the OTA's to push to your vehicle after the fix.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
So us non-EA’s are probably looking at 4-6 weeks?
My interpretation was that EA members would get notified when the fix is available to schedule an appointment for the fix, not that it excluded non-EA members "in the know" ?.

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
So, for non EA, we should make an appt in 3 weeks and say, I heard there is a fix
??

eldecarlo

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Rte 1
Country flag
My dealer is aware of everything. They had my car for 5 days and escalated it to engineering. Maybe I’m an EA? But no one told me so……

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
My dealer is aware of everything. They had my car for 5 days and escalated it to engineering. Maybe I’m an EA? But no one told me so……
Without this fix being released there's nothing a dealer can do to fix this shy of replacing the APIM.

Tpaguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Sorry to vent here, but am I upset at the lack of communication and feel like Job 1 customers are no longer important to Ford. It’s seriously taken away from my enthusiasm for what I bought into with the Mach E.

Yes, this car gets me from point A to point B, but this vehicle was supposed to be so much more than that. Technology that improved over time and even the BlueCruise that was promised but so far not delivered - even though now all Job 2 cars are getting it.

My first edition now feels like an unsupported edition every time I see a new update released on here.

I’m seriously thinking of contacting some media outlets to share about this OTA fiasco.

Sorry to vent here - I’m just losing my patience and regret buying a Job 1 Ford product now (should have just waited for the second model year).
Sponsored