OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Ford Power-Up Software Update Failure Message And/Or Unable To Update The APIM Or TCU With The FDRS And USB Drive - Module Recovery

Issue: Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E and F-150 customers may report experiencing a Ford Power-Up software update failure message via the vehicle display and/or FordPass. In addition, some technicians may experience the inability to update the accessory protocol interface module (APIM) or telematics control unit (TCU) using the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) and Universal Serial Bus (USB) drive. It may also be observed on the PTS - Over The Air (OTA) dashboard that multiple APIM and/or TCU updates have failed, or a no OTA history message is displayed. This may be due to a internal software error. To correct this condition, follow the Service Procedure to recover the APIM/TCU.

Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

• 2021 F-150/Mustang Mach-E
• Ford Power-Up software update failure message via the vehicle display or FordPass
• Inability to update the APIM or TCU using the FDRS and USB drive

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
Ford Power-Up Software Update Failure Message And/Or Unable To Update The APIM Or TCU With The FDRS And USB Drive - Module Recovery

Issue: Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E and F-150 customers may report experiencing a Ford Power-Up software update failure message via the vehicle display and/or FordPass. In addition, some technicians may experience the inability to update the accessory protocol interface module (APIM) or telematics control unit (TCU) using the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) and Universal Serial Bus (USB) drive. It may also be observed on the PTS - Over The Air (OTA) dashboard that multiple APIM and/or TCU updates have failed, or a no OTA history message is displayed. This may be due to a internal software error. To correct this condition, follow the Service Procedure to recover the APIM/TCU.

Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:
Don't see Service Procedure?

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Won't the software guy get offended I'm calling him to tell him how to do his job?
I've reached the point that I don't @#$ing care.

My dealer has returned the car to me two times without fixing the issue, so clearly they don't know how to fix it. If I tell them "Ford says this fixes it" and they don't want to do it because of feelings, I would suggest that they take it up with Ford. I'm trying to help them help me.

EDIT: but you can still be nice about it. "Hey, macheforum.com is saying there is a new TSB 22-2117 out just today that fixes this. Can you take a look?"

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Is the service procedure on the actual TSB? If not this sure doesn't tell us much.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

What’s the service procedure?

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I called the dealer. I couldn't speak to the technical person but left a message with the number to look out for.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Just got a callback from my dealer's service dept. to answer my question about why only one of my recall notices for the glass recalls had gone away and while I had her on the phone I asked her about this and it is in the system. Scheduled an appt. for April 4th. Hopefully this will get me back on track for OTA updates. ?

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag

Wow. Going in Friday to have a half shaft replaced, so much stuff. I already called and asked them to perform this service bulletin on my car. We shall see how it goes.

trenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium
Country flag
Just called the dealership and have them the tsb, they pulled it up and said they'll give me call soon to see what the next step is.