OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

Kangio

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
Day 2 at the my dealers...how's it going?

IMG_1342.PNG

Not well, they drained the 12V battery as the didn't have it plugged in. Charged it up and tried again. Service Manager said "their system crashed", not the car. Not sure what that means. He said their software is up-to-date. I wonder if their Internet has enough band width? No mention if they had contacted Ford but I would think they had to.
My dealer has been trying to perform the TSB for the past 2 days. They kept assuring me that the TSB was done but it was taking a really long time to get all the modules updated b/c the “Ford network” was really slow. Hmmm... I have noticed my car has NOT BEEN PLUGGED IN since I dropped it off (based on Widget and FP app). I suspect they have failed, and now just hoping they didn’t kill my 12V battery. Waiting to hear more today. BTW, widget diagnostics show no change in any of the OTA or module data.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Got my car back this morning. Sync version 22028_PRODUCT Rev 358. I pressed the cruise control button and it said "BlueCruise On, be prepared to retake control" but I couldn't find a blue zone nearby to test.

But things are looking up!

tdwatts

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach-e; Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
I dropped my car off early this morning. The dealer called a few hours later - they weren;t exactly sure what to do. I explained the TSB again. Several hours later they called to let me know that the update was successful. They told me that they didn't know anything about BlueCruise and that they didn't want to try to start something with the weekend looming. "Mr. Watts, we'd hate for your vehicle to be unavailable all weekend."

I picked up my car - and I now have the 1.7.1 update. Yay for me.

Maybe I will eventually get Blue Cruise.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Maybe they thought step 1 (connect 12V battery to charger) was optional.
Hopefully all they read wasn't plug battery in then wait a day.

Kangio

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
So after the TSB, auto update toggle works, serial number is no longer blank, I have the Sketch and game apps, and updated screen notifications including turn notifications from Apple Maps on center screen.

I am:

SYNC 4 Software Version: 21281 PRODUCT, Revision: 244
No OTA after 24hrs
No Bluecruise even though dealership insists they performed the BC update.

It seems like they didn’t push the most recent version?

tdwatts

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach-e; Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
One of the forms the dealer had me sign
I dropped my car off early this morning. The dealer called a few hours later - they weren;t exactly sure what to do. I explained the TSB again. Several hours later they called to let me know that the update was successful. They told me that they didn't know anything about BlueCruise and that they didn't want to try to start something with the weekend looming. "Mr. Watts, we'd hate for your vehicle to be unavailable all weekend."

I picked up my car - and I now have the 1.7.1 update. Yay for me.

Maybe I will eventually get Blue Cruise.
When I picked up my car the dealer had me sign a form declining their "recommended" service. The only item that they recommended was a oil change.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
One of the forms the dealer had me sign

When I picked up my car the dealer had me sign a form declining their "recommended" service. The only item that they recommended was a oil change.
You should have said yes and saw what happened.

dfcliff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Would someone be willing to run my VIN number through to see if any updates are available? Picked up my car from the dealer this morning after they supposedly fixed the stuck issue and updated everything to enable BlueCruise. There are definitely some changes (new apps and look to things) but I don't have an option for enabling hands-free cruise.

Kangio

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
I would love to know that too. Same issue with me. No Bluecruise despite them insisting they loaded it. I’ve had the car since Friday, no OTA updates. It also looks like my sync version is definitely not the latest release.

infinihertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext Range AWD
Country flag
Same. I had TSB 22-2117 applied 2 weeks ago. It did bring me to 1.7.1, and thus far I haven't gotten any OTAs since. I took it in prior to any other guidance dealers had about applying BlueCruise. I'm not an EA tester though, so maybe that wouldn't have applied to me.

I think I need to take the car back in anyway because I'm getting a 12V battery fault now, and I'm wondering how much I should press them to try to install updates again, or how likely it is anything would actually be out there for me. From my reading of the widget data, it doesn't seem to me like it's even checked in since February 2, well before the TSB was applied. Any thoughts?

20220408_003011000_iOS.png

UnforAll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E 4x Premium IB; '13 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Occupation
Grad Student
Country flag
Picked up my car a few minutes ago. I'm now able to toggle Auto Updates on and off and I now have version numbers for Sync. Still no idea what OTA I'm on, assuming it's 1.7.1. They spent a good deal of time connected with Ford either by email or on the phone. Not a lot of info on the invoice. Not familiar with the "Recover APIM with Fast Boot" scenario. Maybe someone here can explain. VIN is 3FMTK3R76MMA08773 if some of you software and hardware gurus can gather any intel.

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? 20220408_003011000_iOS

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? 20220408_003011000_iOS

Dealer did TSB 22-2117. I can again set System Updates to Automatic, and I do have a SYNC version and revision. But, it is the version I had back in early August after the OTA 1.6.0 update -- 20312_PRODUCT.243 -- the same as @Bookworm214

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Has anyone had the fix for sure and the auto update button is still greyed out and the revision version is —?

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
So, the question I have is for the folks that got the fix and can turn auto update on and such. Have any of you, got an OTA update to the latest version. I am so sorry, I do not know what that is, because I am caught in this lack of update hell.
Sponsored