OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Jim - I heard the Sync version and Power-Up software updates don't correlate. Also, I don't have the software controlled frunk "button" either which supposedly comes with 2.8.3.
The famous Frunk button....

I have no updates pending, I'm fully BC enabled and am at Sync 421.

I don't get OTAs probably because I live out in the country where I usually struggle to get two bars of cellular to rub together to make a connection, so if there's an OTA that I'm supposed to get I wouldn't know it....but again FDRS says I have no new updates pending....and no Frunk button. So I'm not sure that functionality has been released yet to the "hoi polloi".

It may be just an "EA special-super-friends, decoder-ring exclusive" thing.....

Bitter? Me? Naah.... 😆

Mike

PS. I thought I'd add this edit: As of three weeks ago I now have a solid high speed internet connection thanks to Starlink (Big Hugs to Elon!), and have had both my Mach-E and F-150 PB scheduled for everyday updates while connected to that internet. No OTAs, no updates of any kind have shown up via that process...but I've done several on both vehicles that showed up in FDRS in that time. So I will likely renew my annual FDRS license when that comes due and the OTA thing can do whatever....cause it's not working.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Matador09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME CR1
Wow...they have been busy recently haven't they?

But in trying to get you sorted out they didn't knock out everything in the 21P22 list like they were supposed to do while doing your 21G01 BlueCruise procedure. The reason I say that is if they had followed the procedure in 21G01 for the BlueCruise properly, at step 19 where they are supposed to stop and do all other module updates shown on page 5 of the 21P22 procedure first, you wouldn't still have those two door modules showing. I mean if they are going to do the door modules, why do just 3 of them and not all 5? Weird.

But to answer your question, in addition to the doors, you have a new APIM and HVAC update, and that GSM which seems to be problematic for some people and might reappear even though it's been updated already.

Mike

3FMTK2R73MMA30238-5-16-22.png
Wow, how goofy is that...I'm not sure why following clear instructions is so difficult.

I suppose those modules can technically OTA to me? I haven't noticed any OTA coming since getting the car back, in spite of having it on a 7-day update schedule and wifi connected.

Thanks Mike! You are greatly appreciated!

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Jim - I heard the Sync version and Power-Up software updates don't correlate. Also, I don't have the software controlled frunk "button" either which supposedly comes with 2.8.3.

I read somewhere that getting 21G01B done by the dealership put the car in line with 2.8.? Trying to find that now....

It may have ben 2.8.2 and not 2.8.3

I don't have any frunk button either - never did....

So we wait for our first OTA!!!!

Jim

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
My car is going to stay in for a couple of days now. I haven't got a courtesy car. Have to beg to borrow my wife car....

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Had an update that the software updates have failed. They are keeping the car to try tomorrow.

trenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium
Country flag
Hard to believe, but i got an OTA 2.6.0 today, first update since last November.
can anyone comment on whether i need to go back to the dealer to finish the upgrade that they started and broke lane centering, or will OTAs fix this/upgrade to blue cruise?

Last edited:

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
They took the vehicle location function out of FP with the last update. Apparently, wherever your own car is can be known only to Ford and the government. You're just "little people". :rolleyes:

Mike
This is annoying -- that's actually a function I use to tell me which of the 4 huge parking lots at work I've last parked at... Because, yes, I need this accommodation for my increasingly fabulous memory

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD extended
Country flag
I read somewhere that getting 21G01B done by the dealership put the car in line with 2.8.? Trying to find that now....

It may have ben 2.8.2 and not 2.8.3

I don't have any frunk button either - never did....

So we wait for our first OTA!!!!

Jim
I had the BC done at dealership and got it back today. I was also one of the stuck APIMs so they had to fix that first with the new solution. Everything worked and while my car isn't showing what power up update it is, it is showing the sync version for 2.8.3.

Of course I have no idea if I will actually get OTA updates after the APIM fix....as it looks like I am actually on latest version.

Side note - he also did every update to every module that there is.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD extended
Country flag
This is annoying -- that's actually a function I use to tell me which of the 4 huge parking lots at work I've last parked at... Because, yes, I need this accommodation for my increasingly fabulous memory
Which update? I have android and up to date and it is showing location.

aevans17

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e premium Awd
Country flag
Hard to believe, but i got an OTA 2.6.0 today, first update since last November.
can anyone comment on whether i need to go back to the dealer to finish the upgrade that they started and broke lane centering, or will OTAs fix this/upgrade to blue cruise?
I’d go back. They need to instal a few more updates to get you to blue cruise.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Well from what I remember..you can still mark your parking space when you park by opening the app and just selecting that place on the map as where you parked. It will use the phone's location at that time to record your parking spot, But it won't show you or record your car's location anymore.

Mike

lereed15

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E select
Country flag
Had my car in for the fix/updates for the past week. They said they tried everything and it didn’t work. They told me to pick the car up and they will have to wait for Ford to keep working on a solution. 😢

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Had my car in for the fix/updates for the past week. They said they tried everything and it didn’t work. They told me to pick the car up and they will have to wait for Ford to keep working on a solution. 😢
Sorry to hear about that, but there is a fix from Ford and it sounds more like that dealership didn't care enough to do it properly. There are lots of stories of dealerships reaching out to Ford proper for support in this. I would suggest trying another dealer.

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
Well from what I remember..you can still mark your parking space when you park by opening the app and just selecting that place on the map as where you parked. It will use the phone's location at that time to record your parking spot, But it won't show you or record your car's location anymore.

Mike
Thanks for replying, but I don't see a way to do what you described in the map mode of the current version of Ford Pass app.

Furthermore, even if I could do that, it would be easier for me to just say "Hey Google, remember where I parked". However, both the Google command and the pin drop in the app entail an extra conscious step when I first park the vehicle ... as opposed to simply retrieving its location through the FP app later if i forget where it's parked.
Sponsored