OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I had a call to say that the update was carried out. So will see tomorrow when I pick up Vader.
Sponsored

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for replying, but I don't see a way to do what you described in the map mode of the current version of Ford Pass app.

Furthermore, even if I could do that, it would be easier for me to just say "Hey Google, remember where I parked". However, both the Google command and the pin drop in the app entail an extra conscious step when I first park the vehicle ... as opposed to simply retrieving its location through the FP app later if i forget where it's parked.
FP is showing the location of my vehicle and I am on latest IOS version of FP. Check the data connectivity settings in the car to make sure location sharing is turned on.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
FP is showing the location of my vehicle and I am on latest IOS version of FP. Check the data connectivity settings in the car to make sure location sharing is turned on.
I'll give it a try this afternoon and report back.

Mike

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
Well, I took my Mustang in for the OTA update on March 15. They had problems doing it and gave me a loaner. Said it would take a couple of days to do it and BC update also.

Well 3 weeks later, I still am waiting for my car to be fixed and returned. They are saying they need an instrument cluster, it is on back order and no ETA on it.

Is the instrument cluster another way of saying APIM? Any input on this? Did they break this part while going to get to the APIM?

Also, my Ford Mobile Charger was showing a heat problem, giving an amber light. It was still charging at about 60%. The dealer could not check it out, because they do not have a a 240 volt in the garage. This dealer is a very big dealer in Florida. They said they were going to install a 240 volt outlet so they could do it. I thought part of a dealership was to have a 240 outlet, so they could check it out.

Any advice on what to do?

Thanks
So, 5 weeks in shop. Chatted with Corporate, they said the part was shipped on May 10, but no ETA can be found. Dealership cannot do anything until they get the Instrument Cluster. They indicated that the Instrument Cluster was causing the OTA problem, even when it was forced.

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
Yup, verified that location sharing is indeed toggled on in the vehicle. Still no joy in the FP app -- phone located, not vehicle.

On a more on-topic note, I just received 2.8.2 last night so OTA does now work after the tsb was applied!

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I took my car in last Monday and they worked on it for 3 days then noticed no work since last Wednesday I would text the service manager "any updates?" he would reply no update. Then a few days later another message to him and no reply then i would message in the morning and he would answer at the very end of the day we are working on it. This morning he finally admitted an issue and working with Ford. So, I don't know what's going on the app reports the car is asleep. No doors or hood have been opened since last Wednesday.

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
I took my car in last Monday and they worked on it for 3 days then noticed no work since last Wednesday I would text the service manager "any updates?" he would reply no update. Then a few days later another message to him and no reply then i would message in the morning and he would answer at the very end of the day we are working on it. This morning he finally admitted an issue and working with Ford. So, I don't know what's going on the app reports the car is asleep. No doors or hood have been opened since last Wednesday.
So, it is possible to create a link, message, whatever that folks can say, I went to this Ford Dealership and they successfully installed the fix. We can assume that if your dealership is not listed, they may have not done one yet.. The other alternative is to ask your dealership have they successfully installed it.

This would give us a choice of going to that dealership, going to somebody else or waiting for somebody to put the first in line.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So about three weeks ago I was in Europe and used to check my FP app to see the status of the Mach-E charge and check on my F-150. I noticed that when I selected the specific vehicle and then the Map item in the lower right corner I always got my location where I was with my phone..in Europe. Not where my vehicles were in the states. I saw where an update to fP had come out while I was over there and it said some things were being removed from the app.

So after our exchange today I decided to re-check. I drove into town and parked and checked my FP app. When I selected the "Vehicle" selection at the bottom of the screen and then selected the "Map" item at the bottom right it showed a small vehicle icon on a map point with the small blue dot indicating where my phone was and they were overlapping. I then selected my F-150 and did the same thing and sure enough it showed it using the vehicle icon map point at my house. So I guess I was wrong and it will show where your vehicles are afterall. Maybe it didn't do it before because I was out of the country, dunno.

IMG_3228.PNG

IMG_3229.PNG

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Yup, verified that location sharing is indeed toggled on in the vehicle. Still no joy in the FP app -- phone located, not vehicle.

On a more on-topic note, I just received 2.8.2 last night so OTA does now work after the tsb was applied!

Where is the toggle for location sharing? Just curious.

Jim

kulaga

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER Grey, 2023 MME GT Black
Country flag
Hard to believe, but i got an OTA 2.6.0 today, first update since last November.
can anyone comment on whether i need to go back to the dealer to finish the upgrade that they started and broke lane centering, or will OTAs fix this/upgrade to blue cruise?
Looks like things are finally starting to speed up, at least for me.

I took mine in for the stuck 1.7.1 update and received it back on 4/4. I didn't mention the BC update because I was sick of the delays and just wanted the car back. No OTA's for about 2 weeks until one downloaded and was applied. Then almost a month later I received an update on Monday (5/16) and then received another this morning (5/18). I'm currently at 2.7.1.

Strange thing was that neither of the updates this week happened while it was parked overnight with automatic updates on, instead both downloaded and applied while I was out running errands.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks like things are finally starting to speed up, at least for me.

I took mine in for the stuck 1.7.1 update and received it back on 4/4. I didn't mention the BC update because I was sick of the delays and just wanted the car back. No OTA's for about 2 weeks until one downloaded and was applied. Then almost a month later I received an update on Monday (5/16) and then received another this morning (5/18). I'm currently at 2.7.1.

Strange thing was that neither of the updates this week happened while it was parked overnight with automatic updates on, instead both downloaded and applied while I was out running errands.
I'm glad you brought this up. I live out in the country, like about 19 miles from the nearest 'city' and usually get around 2 bars of cellular (that's with Verizon, but I have to believe that the AT&T cell service that the TCU module uses is about the same).

I have set both my Mach-E and F-150 for daily updates and going back to last summer both vehicles could and I would imagine, did, connect everyday over the Mi-Fi hotspot that I was using to check for updates. During my entire ownership of these vehicles I think the Mach-E got an OTA when I was on a trip into the 'big city' for an appointment (I'm retired so I don't drive to work everyday like many do). And that OTA back in Nov. probably was what caused my APIM to drop the Nav app for like two months (crashed everytime I tried to use it) ...and then it started working again on it's own, but the tech replaced my APIM anyway in early Feb.

I got no OTAs after that APIM was replaced. And my Sync version was at 244 when he gave me the car back.

I said all that to say this...I don't believe that either of my vehicles are getting any updates at all over wifi. I firmly believe, given the brief history I do have with OTAs, that they really are only downloaded using the car's TCU module, and despite Ford's suggestion that we all connect our cars to our home wifi at night to get updates, these updates are really only downloaded when we're in a good coverage area for our TCUs modem to talk to the mothership, like when I drive into the 'big city' and spend an hour or two there.

And if anybody has any proof to the contrary I'd be happy to hear about it.

Mike

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Agreed; never seen anything come over wifi other than map updates. Watching in wireshark it even appears DNS lookups are not sent over wifi for anything at all.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed; never seen anything come over wifi other than map updates. Watching in wireshark it even appears DNS lookups are not sent over wifi for anything at all.
So...here's the thing....I wonder if any of Ford's engineers are aware of this potential problem or have done any testing on this? Meaning...they may think that OTAs are going out via wifi but that process may be completely broken...and they don't know it yet.

Was just looking at something else when I saw your post notification pop up....this is a good read if you haven't seen it and is OTA related...(suitable for all ages, and workplace safe :) )

Does that update come as an OTA?

Mike

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I'm glad you brought this up. I live out in the country, like about 19 miles from the nearest 'city' and usually get around 2 bars of cellular (that's with Verizon, but I have to believe that the AT&T cell service that the TCU module uses is about the same).

I have set both my Mach-E and F-150 for daily updates and going back to last summer both vehicles could and I would imagine, did, connect everyday over the Mi-Fi hotspot that I was using to check for updates. During my entire ownership of these vehicles I think the Mach-E got an OTA when I was on a trip into the 'big city' for an appointment (I'm retired so I don't drive to work everyday like many do). And that OTA back in Nov. probably was what caused my APIM to drop the Nav app for like two months (crashed everytime I tried to use it) ...and then it started working again on it's own, but the tech replaced my APIM anyway in early Feb.

I got no OTAs after that APIM was replaced. And my Sync version was at 244 when he gave me the car back.

I said all that to say this...I don't believe that either of my vehicles are getting any updates at all over wifi. I firmly believe, given the brief history I do have with OTAs, that they really are only downloaded using the car's TCU module, and despite Ford's suggestion that we all connect our cars to our home wifi at night to get updates, these updates are really only downloaded when we're in a good coverage area for our TCUs modem to talk to the mothership, like when I drive into the 'big city' and spend an hour or two there.

And if anybody has any proof to the contrary I'd be happy to hear about it.

Mike
My car downloaded PowerUp 1.7.1 over Wi-Fi. But then I've been in the stuck situation until last week finally.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ota-1-7-1-appears-to-be-incoming.9845/post-265275

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/2-wifi-connections-which-does-what.9668/post-246971
Sponsored