OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I know that Ford has released updated procedures to clarify to the techs some issues they need to be aware of while performing certain updates. But I have heard nothing about updates being "retracted" except the F-150 Trailer module update, and I think that one has been re-released.

See attached...

Mike

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? Updated FSAs
Sponsored

Mach-e4x

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e 4x, 2016 Mazda CX5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'll be dropping my car off tomorrow, 10/20 build date, for the stuck 1.7.1 update. TSB 22-2117, TSB-22-2150. I mentioned that the FDRS software must be updated before they start. They said they are "well aware of that." Maybe my car is on the way to getting Blue Cruise installed and working.

slambertr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
It's alive! My dealer successfully un-stuck my MME from 1.7.1 purgatory. They previously completed the windshield/panoramic roof recall work and replaced the faulty shaft/axle. I'd recommend New Holland Ford to anyone in the Central Pennsylvania area. And I greatly thank everyone on this thread for their advice and info. Good luck to all!

samlaw13

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD MME Selext
Country flag
Ford just told me that I have to take the car back to the dealer because it hasn’t done an OTA update since I picked it up. I asked why no OTA deployments have happened and she couldn’t give me a reason other than there must be something wrong with what the dealership did because on their end it’s showing that the updates failed last month and then was cancelled. Now I’m stuck at 1.7.1 and she told me until it’s fixed, no OTA for me

Mach-e4x

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e 4x, 2016 Mazda CX5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's alive! My dealer successfully un-stuck my MME from 1.7.1 purgatory. They previously completed the windshield/panoramic roof recall work and replaced the faulty shaft/axle. I'd recommend New Holland Ford to anyone in the Central Pennsylvania area. And I greatly thank everyone on this thread for their advice and info. Good luck to all!
What Sync version do you have now?
Do you have notes?
Can you turn updates on and set a time?

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Just dropped my car off today to get it across the finish line. 30 days ago I had all modules updated via FDRS except the APIM which failed using FDRS. The service department applied the windshield recall and then held my car for a week without telling me they needed to order adaptors.

So it's in today for round 4 of attempted updates since December to get it unstuck (no OTA's ever). I got a Polestar on loaner so thankfully I won't need to buy gas in the meantime. Technician is estimating 2-3 days turnaround.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just dropped my car off today to get it across the finish line. 30 days ago I had all modules updated via FDRS except the APIM which failed using FDRS. The service department applied the windshield recall and then held my car for a week without telling me they needed to order adaptors.

So it's in today for round 4 of attempted updates since December to get it unstuck (no OTA's ever). I got a Polestar on loaner so thankfully I won't need to buy gas in the meantime. Technician is estimating 2-3 days turnaround.
Well you got at least one OTA.....the one that you got stuck on!

I know it's not much of a consolation though.... :rolleyes:

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My car is on "recall" which wasn't resolved and now they are doing the APIM (I assume that - they said Ford was sending them a part needed to get updates going). BECM and HVBJB have been done. Definitely need to keep at them. Told them 3-4 months ago the APIM needed replacing.
Looked to change my dealer and called another and they wanted to do my windscreen so my dealer at least seems the most progressive around even if mine was the first one they've done.
I feel I am in the same boat stuck on 1.7.1 they had my car in service for all total 2 months I only had the car less than 10 months so 20% of the time its been at the dealer for service I still don't know they fixed it. I bet I need a new APIM too. Frustrating!

Kneebeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
If you give me your VIN I'll check to see what updates you may have pending.

Mike
Any chance you might be able to check my VIN?

I just took my car into the dealer today, they said they fixed it. I can see my Sync version again and toggle the Auto Updates again, but not seeing Notes or Tic Tac Toe, and my Sync version is still the same before it got stuck on 1.7.1

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I just took my car into the dealer today, they said they fixed it. I can see my Sync version again and toggle the Auto Updates again, but not seeing Notes or Tic Tac Toe, and my Sync version is still the same before it got stuck on 1.7.1
Sure, send it.

Mike

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag

They sent the apim I believe but wanted to try an update first. They’ve started the second try. I bet they do the apim tomorrow!
finally got a rental car. At least ford Canada are monitoring it all the way.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Two days in and finally at 1.71 it seems. More updates tomorrow and I get to see if it’s really unstuck. Be nice if it’s all the way to blue land.

kimbroe1981

First Name
Kimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
I bought my car June 21. Had it for almost a whole year and ZERO OTA for me. The dealership has replaced my APIM. That was a couple of months ago. I seem to have a newer version since then. I believe maybe 1.7, but not sure really how to check.

I am now able to schedule reoccurring updates, but they always fail.

I have the fordpass widget on my phone. Shows its been trying to do the Ford Power-Up 2.1, but every time it tries, it fails.

I will be picking her up today from the dealer. I had the window recalls done, the 3 days it was in they were not able to force any updates either.

Dealership has the gateway module on order. Maybe that will fix it?!

Anyone have any ideas to try or have my dealership try?

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I believe maybe 1.7, but not sure really how to check.
Do you have any of the "apps" on your car such as Notes or Blocks? There isn't really an easy way to check which PowerUp you have as it's not directly tied to a software version so much as an assortment of many smaller updates. You can mostly just check against "features" that were added in the list against what's on your car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Power-Up_Version_History

I had my software uploaded at the dealer so I know I'm current but the update widget shows that I'm failed at 2.7.1 (which isn't true since I had all the updates manually installed at a dealer).

kimbroe1981

First Name
Kimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Do you have any of the "apps" on your car such as Notes or Blocks? There isn't really an easy way to check which PowerUp you have as it's not directly tied to a software version so much as an assortment of many smaller updates. You can mostly just check against "features" that were added in the list against what's on your car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Power-Up_Version_History

I had my software uploaded at the dealer so I know I'm current but the update widget shows that I'm failed at 2.7.1 (which isn't true since I had all the updates manually installed at a dealer).

I have notes. No blocks.

I would be happy if the dealership could get the updates to install there. But those haven't worked either.

I will take a look at the wikipedia page. Thnx.

Just looked at the wikipedia page. Looks like a parts of a few updates. I have notes and the light/horn button on my ford pass, but none of the other apps.
Sponsored

Last edited: