OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

kimbroe1981

First Name
Kimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
My Job1 MME has been at the dealer all week for procedure to unstick 1.7.1 and install Blue Cruise. Dealer just called and said it is done and all was successful.

Other than a bunch of alerts for open doors and alarms, I have received nothing new in FordPass and no BlueCruise notification. The dealer did not test BC because there is no approved highway close to them. The stats in the widget all appear to be the same as before.

Would someone with FDRS be willing to run my VIN to verify the car is updated before I drive 90 minutes to go pick it up?
Can you post what the dealer did to unstick this? My dealer is not having any luck getting mine to update.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Can you post what the dealer did to unstick this? My dealer is not having any luck getting mine to update.
They may want to try a Module Repair (22P08) procedure to see if that will get things to update.

I've attached it here. This is the latest version of this procedure.

You may want to also request that a Ford Engineer be contacted to assist. This has happened in other cases.

Mike

View attachment 22P08 GWM Update 22P08-S1.pdf

Last edited:

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Have they called ford? Mine worked with them all the way through

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
Trying to get unstuck, following TSB 22-2150 procedure, when doing step 1, I get this message that my VIN is locked. Anyone else experience this and have any recommendations? Tried to call ford but they are closed over the weekend?? One other guess is my drivers door was open during this update but that was the same while I did the other modules successfully. So does Ford need to unlock my VIN?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

(needless to say that I have tried multiple dealers already so ow trying DIY)

Another reason could be that I haven’t updated APIM yet as I thought that should be updated after the TSB 22-2150 but maybe I am wrong. Attaching picture of remaining modules as well.

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? 07DC3FC6-4B2F-45DD-B1EB-123FD5DCB207

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? C4E99736-58DC-458B-B367-93BCBDAE1FFE

Last edited:

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
Update: I've been stuck getting to 1.7.1 since November. MME was at the Beach Ford dealership 8 days before they determined they could not get me unstuck since the TSB required taking down the firewall. I contacted FOMOCO on this site who said they would escalate this to the EV team, gave me a case number, and said I should hear back in a couple days. After 2 weeks with no contact, I reached out to FOMOCO who advised that my best bet was to continue trying to work with the same dealership that already told me "no". Unbelievable. So, I've been shopping dealerships trying to find one to help me. I now have an appointment to take my MME in June 2. They said it will take 2.5 days to get it to BC. Hoping for the best. Any words of wisdom are appreciated.
Last update: I have a new car! OK, not quite, but it feels like it. After being stuck getting to 1.7.1 for almost seven months, going to a dealership who said their firewall would have to be deactivated to fix the MME and they weren't willing to do that, and calling other dealerships to see if they would get my MME unstuck, I finally am not only unstuck but I have BC!

Many thanks to @dfcliff @patrikli , and @WyldStallyn for running or offering to run my VIN, and to @mpshizzle, @Mike G and another valued member for the extra time they spent giving guidance.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last update: I have a new car! OK, not quite, but it feels like it. After being stuck getting to 1.7.1 for almost seven months, going to a dealership who said their firewall would have to be deactivated to fix the MME and they weren't willing to do that, and calling other dealerships to see if they would get my MME unstuck, I finally am not only unstuck but I have BC!

Many thanks to @dfcliff @patrikli , and @WyldStallyn for running or offering to run my VIN, and to @mpshizzle, @Mike G and another valued member for the extra time they spent giving guidance.
So one more question...what dealer did you go to for the blessed event?

Mike

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
Cavalier Ford in Chesapeake, VA. A Ford tech worked with them as well. They had the car a week but at least it's done.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
My dealer had mine for a week too. Now fully updated to 2.8.3 according to the wiki. The only downside I see is there are no current OTAs so I don't know if that is working properly. I have it set to update every day at noon so I'm ready if one happens.

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
Trying to get unstuck, following TSB 22-2150 procedure, when doing step 1, I get this message that my VIN is locked. Anyone else experience this and have any recommendations? Tried to call ford but they are closed over the weekend?? One other guess is my drivers door was open during this update but that was the same while I did the other modules successfully. So does Ford need to unlock my VIN?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

(needless to say that I have tried multiple dealers already so ow trying DIY)

Another reason could be that I haven’t updated APIM yet as I thought that should be updated after the TSB 22-2150 but maybe I am wrong. Attaching picture of remaining modules as well.

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating? C4E99736-58DC-458B-B367-93BCBDAE1FFE

I was able to get through this issue. Basically I followed 21G01 steps which include using TSB 22-2150 USB method to create a usb which updated the APIM software. Not all of the messages were displayed as expected but still it worked. So now I really have the 1.7.1 features. My guess is that the locked VIN was from the multiple OTA failed attempts (I could tell from the info in the widget).

Thanks to guidance from a number of forum members who listened and helped with my questions during this learning experience. I am really grateful for the level of engagement and info sharing that occurs here.

And after this experience I know why the regular ford dealer technicians are having a hard time but hopeful that everyone will learn and maybe the new ford EV model might help.

kimbroe1981

First Name
Kimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
They may want to try a Module Repair (22P08) procedure to see if that will get things to update.

I've attached it here. This is the latest version of this procedure.

You may want to also request that a Ford Engineer be contacted to assist. This has happened in other cases.

Mike

View attachment 22P08 GWM Update 22P08-S1.pdf
They have tried that. That’s what prompted them to order the new gateway module.

~Kimmie

Mancini789

First Name
Mancini
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No have
Occupation
freelance
Country flag
Tap your profile icon at the top center of the SYNC display. If you see a Notes app, you've got 1.7.1 installed.

Check the Vehicle page on your FordPass app to see if you have info about SecuriAlert. If yes, you've got 1.4.0 installed.

Here's info about other known updates. Note that 1.8.0 is only installed at the factory at this time, for vehicle produced in the last few months or so.

MC-10200895-0001.pdf (nhtsa.gov)
Awesome information - this makes sense

theganyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I just had my job 1 car in to see if I could get unstuck and updated (I've never received an update since my purchase in July 2021). They said they were able to apply 21P22, but that they couldn't do 22B08 because they were using a laptop without a direct ethernet connection and it didn't allow an ethernet adapter on both sides? They said it would require going back and setting up their PC to do the work... which they're going to look into and get back to me. Does that seem correct? Also, is this the correct strategy? Will applying 22B08, assuming they can figure it out, resolve the OTA stuck issue?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just had my job 1 car in to see if I could get unstuck and updated (I've never received an update since my purchase in July 2021). They said they were able to apply 21P22, but that they couldn't do 22B08 because they were using a laptop without a direct ethernet connection and it didn't allow an ethernet adapter on both sides? They said it would require going back and setting up their PC to do the work... which they're going to look into and get back to me. Does that seem correct? Also, is this the correct strategy? Will applying 22B08, assuming they can figure it out, resolve the OTA stuck issue?
That does actually sound correct. They might also need to order in some adapters if they don't have them.

And people here have reported that once they were unstuck that the OTAs started flowing.

Mike
Sponsored

Attachments