OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

theganyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
That does actually sound correct. They might also need to order in some adapters if they don't have them.

And people here have reported that once they were unstuck that the OTAs started flowing.

Mike
Thanks, Mike! You're a fantastic resource here. Really appreciate it.
Sponsored

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Was the so-called notes app superseded by the sketch app because I don't see notes in my car that was updated at the dealer. It seems logical to me that sketch would be enough.

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
Was the so-called notes app superseded by the sketch app because I don't see notes in my car that was updated at the dealer. It seems logical to me that sketch would be enough.
I updated it to 1.7.1 myself and have the notes app now. Notes allows you to handwrite/draw so it might be called Sketch by some. Others can correct me.

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
I just had my job 1 car in to see if I could get unstuck and updated (I've never received an update since my purchase in July 2021). They said they were able to apply 21P22, but that they couldn't do 22B08 because they were using a laptop without a direct ethernet connection and it didn't allow an ethernet adapter on both sides? They said it would require going back and setting up their PC to do the work... which they're going to look into and get back to me. Does that seem correct? Also, is this the correct strategy? Will applying 22B08, assuming they can figure it out, resolve the OTA stuck issue?
yes a lot of the newer laptops are missing the Ethernet port but as long as they have a USB port then they should be able to use the usb to Ethernet adapter that’s was part of the 3 adapters they are supposed to get. 22B08 does not need the ethernet adapter unless step 12 fails and then TSB 22-2150 has to be used which needs either a USB connection to the APIM adapter under the side panel or an Ethernet adapter. Here’s where they might have reached to require an Ethernet but as a prerequisite for this TSB they should get those adapters. Attaching picture of the procedure step in case a visual helps.

Also note that while doing my own updates, I didn’t get a message telling which type of connection (usb or Ethernet) is required so I just went ahead with usb and it worked fine.

Attachments

andoo

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4 select
Country flag
Just got Shadowfax back from the 6th trip to the dealership trying to get unstuck. Dealership did a lot updating of modules but just cannot do anything with the APIM. This is the the last message from Ford technical Assistance Center to the dealership head tech.

"The no response, no activity concern is under investigation with the SYNC engineering team. This issue is affecting multiple SYNC 4 vehicles including the Mach-E, F-150, and the Edge.'

"Continue to monitor Oasis for an update regarding a fix for this concern"

If there is anyone that can run my VIN to see what has been done, or can be done, it would be great.
Right now my dealership has given up and await something from Ford engineering.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
Mine also has sketch Instead of notes.

theganyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
as long as they have a USB port then they should be able to use the usb to Ethernet adapter
Just to be sure, I think what they were saying is that they couldn’t use an adapter on each end like:

laptop USB -> adapter -> Ethernet -> adapter -> car USB

Which does seem like an odd setup. Are you saying that should work for them?

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
Just to be sure, I think what they were saying is that they couldn’t use an adapter on each end like:

laptop USB -> adapter -> Ethernet -> adapter -> car USB

Which does seem like an odd setup. Are you saying that should work for them?
Ok maybe they are correct as I haven’t used an adapter on both ends. TSB 22-2150 has 2 ways of connecting, hope they tried the usb connection already as that is simpler and uses more frequse toy available usb ports on laptops vs ethernet.

mountp

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My dealer had the car for week and failed to do the update. They gave me the car back until they had the correct cables; seems to me they should have known before they attempted the fix.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
My dealer had the car for week and failed to do the update. They gave me the car back until they had the correct cables; seems to me they should have known before they attempted the fix.
Agree.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

kimbroe1981

First Name
Kimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Are you saying the mis-configuration or inability to successfully update a module is causing a safety concern? Or maybe I'm not tracking what you're referring to...

Mike
I believe not being able to update is a huge safety concern. Example, my car won't update and now all of my lane assist and pre collision features are not working.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe not being able to update is a huge safety concern. Example, my car won't update and now all of my lane assist and pre collision features are not working.
Any ETA on that GWM that's on order?

Mike

kimbroe1981

First Name
Kimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Any ETA on that GWM that's on order?

Mike
This is the response from my service advisor -

"My parts guy called the vendor. They have these parts, but Ford has to provide them with programming and what they have is corrupt. Apparently this has been a known issue with the component and programming since November of '21. There isn't any estimates for shipment at this time."

I keep calling an bugging them, but haven't been able to get any further than this.
Sponsored