OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
This is the response from my service advisor -

"My parts guy called the vendor. They have these parts, but Ford has to provide them with programming and what they have is corrupt. Apparently this has been a known issue with the component and programming since November of '21. There isn't any estimates for shipment at this time."

I keep calling an bugging them, but haven't been able to get any further than this.
Yeah, I'm a bit skeptical. Other folks on this forum have had gateway modules replaced. Have you opened a case with Ford? (If you have mentioned it and I forgot, I apologize in advance).

If not, I would do that through the Ford chat thing on the website or just call the customer service line.

It is my understanding, and anybody out there who wants to chime in please do so, that when a replacement module is installed the tech chooses the PMI option in FDRS for that module and it downloads the appropriate software, and then performs a configuration of that module for that vehicle. I don't get why a GWM has not been shipped so that it can be installed.

I understand what you were told, I just don't think, unless I'm missing something, that this passes the common sense test. And I'm sorry you're still going through this.

Mike
Sponsored

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
My dealer had the car for week and failed to do the update. They gave me the car back until they had the correct cables; seems to me they should have known before they attempted the fix.
I used to think that they should know. Then I switched to letting them know ahead of my scheduled appointment what I knew and how they could prepare but that didn’t help, they just said we will look at it then decide what’s needed. With another dealer, I tried to provide them the service bulletin references but they said they need to decide once the car was in. I don’t think they care how long it takes or how long you are without a car as they get reimbursed for everything. The whole dealer model sucks.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I used to think that they should know. Then I switched to letting them know ahead of my scheduled appointment what I knew and how they could prepare but that didn’t help, they just said we will look at it then decide what’s needed. With another dealer, I tried to provide them the service bulletin references but they said they need to decide once the car was in. I don’t think they care how long it takes or how long you are without a car as they get reimbursed for everything. The whole dealer model sucks.
We have people on these forums who have put the procedures and the cable adapters on the front seat when they took their cars in. Seriously. Did the horse drink the water?

Mike

kimbroe1981

First Name
Kimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Yeah, I'm a bit skeptical. Other folks on this forum have had gateway modules replaced. Have you opened a case with Ford? (If you have mentioned it and I forgot, I apologize in advance).

If not, I would do that through the Ford chat thing on the website or just call the customer service line.

It is my understanding, and anybody out there who wants to chime in please do so, that when a replacement module is installed the tech chooses the PMI option in FDRS for that module and it downloads the appropriate software, and then performs a configuration of that module for that vehicle. I don't get why a GWM has not been shipped so that it can be installed.

I understand what you were told, I just don't think, unless I'm missing something, that this passes the common sense test. And I'm sorry you're still going through this.

Mike
We do have a case number through Ford. I have also given this number to our service center, even though they have assured me to don't need it. It should be notated on my account somewhere.

mountp

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
We do have a case number through Ford. I have also given this number to our service center, even though they have assured me to don't need it. It should be notated on my account somewhere.
I have contacted Ford directly. They told me to take to the Dealer. The Dealer talked to Ford for help. Is it really up to me or anyone else to make Ford fix it? I just now got the glass recall fixed; the dealer told me they had no one to do the work for months.

I am now trying to get the dealer to tell me when I can bring the car back; probably won't have much luck with that either.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have contacted Ford directly. They told me to take to the Dealer. The Dealer talked to Ford for help. Is it really up to me or anyone else to make Ford fix it? I just now got the glass recall fixed; the dealer told me they had no one to do the work for months.

I am now trying to get the dealer to tell me when I can bring the car back; probably won't have much luck with that either.
There has to be another dealer....

Keyk4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Country flag
It's official, Power-Up 2.1.0 installed this morning, so my car is receiving OTA's now without going to the dealer to get "unstuck"
Moving right along with the power ups:
6/14: 2.6.0
6/15: 2.7.1
6/16: 2.7.2

kimbroe1981

First Name
Kimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag

I called the dealer today (3:30pm)to find out how we proceed with the lemon law process since nobody has called me about anything and they informed me they were going to call me today about bringing it in to have the Ford engineer guy look at it. She goes in Monday and I was told he can fix her in 1 day. 🤞🤞

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
In an effort to get unstuck, after doing the updates myself over last weekend, today I see via the scriptable widget that 2.1.0 queued today. I have auto updates turned on for tonight since I can set only one day schedule currently, not multi day. Are there any other best practices to ensure I get the updates? This will be the first OTA so really hoping it works. Thanks for your recommendation.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I called the dealer today (3:30pm)to find out how we proceed with the lemon law process since nobody has called me about anything and they informed me they were going to call me today about bringing it in to have the Ford engineer guy look at it. She goes in Monday and I was told he can fix her in 1 day. 🤞🤞
So that's what it takes huh?

Wow.

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
In an effort to get unstuck, after doing the updates myself over last weekend, today I see via the scriptable widget that 2.1.0 queued today. I have auto updates turned on for tonight since I can set only one day schedule currently, not multi day. Are there any other best practices to ensure I get the updates? This will be the first OTA so really hoping it works. Thanks for your recommendation.
Well OTA came through and now I am officially unstuck and at 2.1.0. Long way to go but still this was the major hurdle.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well OTA came through and now I am officially unstuck and at 2.1.0. Long way to go but still this was the major hurdle.
Well done on getting yourself unstuck. Seriously. You're in a very small group of owners who not only do their own updates with FDRS but managed to go a step further and do the module repair work to get unstuck. That's an exclusive club and you are to be commended.

Mike

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
Well done on getting yourself unstuck. Seriously. You're in a very small group of owners who not only do their own updates with FDRS but managed to go a step further and do the module repair work to get unstuck. That's an exclusive club and you are to be commended.

Mike
Well I am learning from you all, thank you!

This is the first car where I have done any mods and of course any module updates. Maybe that’s the way going forward. I hate to leave it at a dealer specially when they have no idea and worse yet they seem to not want to deal with it.

Kneebeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
So I went on a road trip this past weekend, and while I was away, I finally got the 1.7.1 OTA on Friday. And just yesterday, I got 2.1.0. So hopefully I'll get the other OTAs soon, but I'm glad that I'm no longer stuck on 1.7.1

andoo

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4 select
Country flag
Today was the last day of a string of OTA updates, I am now on v2.8.3 and everything appears to be working properly. Blue Cruise, games and notes now available and all settings appear to be good.
Does this mean that my APIM, which the dealer stated was locked up and they had no idea how to proceed, is now good to go?
3FMTK1SS6MMA20263
Sponsored