Have you received the BlueCruise Map Update?

• Total voters

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
The scheduling they added in 2.3.0 is for after it's downloaded you can schedule a window or multiple windows for it to install in since it will make the car inoperable during some updates.
Yeah and yet the way they wrote the release note almost makes it seem like they wish we could just pull the update ?
“Our latest Update Now function lets you install an update as soon as it’s ready for your vehicle, instead of having to wait for your scheduled time.”

Going to be a lot of non-forum Mach E owners slamming an “update now” button trying to actually “update now”. Hopefully the software team made that only appear when the software is downloaded.
Sponsored

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
If someone can document that Hands Free available through date before and after the update, that would help determine if it is the case, and can help identify if cars have received this update if the notice gets cleared.
March before and September after.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yeah and yet the way they wrote the release note almost makes it seem like they wish we could just pull the update ?
“Our latest Update Now function lets you install an update as soon as it’s ready for your vehicle, instead of having to wait for your scheduled time.”

Going to be a lot of non-forum Mach E owners slamming an “update now” button trying to actually “update now”. Hopefully the software team made that only appear when the software is downloaded.
I haven't seen the new update scheduling myself, but I would think they wouldn't present that update now button until an update was downloaded and ready to install.
March before and September after.
Interesting that yours is September, and mine was October 9th.

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
I haven't seen the new update scheduling myself, but I would think they wouldn't present that update now button until an update was downloaded and ready to install.

Interesting that yours is September, and mine was October 9th.
Mine was delivered in September. Maybe the delivery date is relevant?

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
Did any job 2ers with no early access who got this get a notification in FordPass?

I'm away from my MME for the next few days, curious. Thx

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Did any job 2ers with no early access who got this get a notification in FordPass?

Once your car completes the update and reports a success to Ford, you will get a notification in fordpass.

PedalMasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Boxster S, 2010 Mazda CX-9
Country flag

Yes, I am a Job 2 GTPE with no early access and I got the update and notification in Fordpass yesterday.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
It's not the software they are worried about pushing out. It's the OTA process as a whole they are working on. They hit a major issue and put them months behind schedule. And I have a feeling after that they are being even more conservative.

If they released them for everyone at once, everyone would probably be stuck on 1.7.1 right now.
Yeah it is pretty bad that they didn't make sure their OTA software was bulletproof before launch. Gotta wonder what they missed in not testing that enough.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
That button is always there, but grayed out
Ford Mustang Mach-E {OTA} BlueCruise Map Update for Job 2 Cars - Deployment Starting IMG_20220208_195102_01

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
My GT PE in Canada also got the update as of today. I was wondering if Canadian vehicles would lag the US by weeks or months, but I guess in this case not too badly.

As others reported, the update complete message shows up after it is done.

I was a little surprised that this update seemed to have been done outside of my scheduled update window and over cellular outside of my home, as opposed to at home connected to my own WiFi network.

Ford Mustang Mach-E {OTA} BlueCruise Map Update for Job 2 Cars - Deployment Starting D17845EE-B16E-415A-98B1-2A18DDE48E00

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
My GT PE in Canada also got the update as of today. I was wondering if Canadian vehicles would lag the US by weeks or months, but I guess in this case not too badly.

I was a little surprised that this update seemed to have been done outside of my scheduled update window and over cellular outside of my home, as opposed to at home connected to my own WiFi network.

Ford Mustang Mach-E {OTA} BlueCruise Map Update for Job 2 Cars - Deployment Starting D17845EE-B16E-415A-98B1-2A18DDE48E00
Scheduled update window is only for updates that take the car out of commission for several minutes. This update happens in the background.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag

The scheduled window only applies to updates that require your car to be parked and turned off

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I was checking FDRS for updates and noticed a new one, the GWM, which I knew was this OTA update. Lo and behold, I checked my OTA status and it already said success. I got the Ford Pass notification about 10 minutes later. My question, for those who update via FDRS or have knowledge of it, how long does it take for OTAs to update FDRS that the update was done? I would assume that once it's been completed and Ford Pass/the car give you the notification, FDRS should also update? I still show the GWM update as available.
Sponsored