Have you received the BlueCruise Map Update?

• Total voters
OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I was checking FDRS for updates and noticed a new one, the GWM, which I knew was this OTA update. Lo and behold, I checked my OTA status and it already said success. I got the Ford Pass notification about 10 minutes later. My question, for those who update via FDRS or have knowledge of it, how long does it take for OTAs to update FDRS that the update was done? I would assume that once it's been completed and Ford Pass/the car give you the notification, FDRS should also update? I still show the GWM update as available.
I haven't seen for sure, but probably within 24 hours it will drop from FDRS. I got the OTA in early access so it wasn't available in FDRS yet to see how that worked.
Sponsored

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
From reading through the description that Ford provided - "updated so you can continue taking advantage of hands-free"....it could be they only changed the expiration date of the map.

Perhaps someone can look at the data or what is provided via FDRS and see if it is more than just a map with a new date on it.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
From reading through the description that Ford provided - "updated so you can continue taking advantage of hands-free"....it could be they only changed the expiration date of the map.

Perhaps someone can look at the data or what is provided via FDRS and see if it is more than just a map with a new date on it.
We have no insight into what the update did beside extend the expiration date. The file was around 145mb and isn't readable to us.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
We have no insight into what the update did beside extend the expiration date. The file was around 145mb and isn't readable to us.
Were you or someone else able to capture the file as it was downloaded to the car? I've got a traffic analyzer setup between my router and either of my MME's MAC addresses, set to capture all traffic for analytical purposes. Once I capture the file, I can try to pull it apart using a few different tools.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Were you or someone else able to capture the file as it was downloaded to the car? I've got a traffic analyzer setup between my router and either of my MME's MAC addresses, set to capture all traffic for analytical purposes. Once I capture the file, I can try to pull it apart using a few different tools.
Oooo keep us updated on that. Sounds fun

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I haven't grabbed this particular file, but Ford uses VBF files, and they are encrypted. So there's nothing that's viewable to the end user except some header data. I haven't dug into it any further to see if there is a way to extract the data from them.

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
My GTPE bought in Dec built Oct or Nov don’t ever got this today lol. Never even told me till after my screen went black and info would not work. Lol
Ford Mustang Mach-E {OTA} BlueCruise Map Update for Job 2 Cars - Deployment Starting F7831044-E8E1-4D08-B217-483097038F24
Ford Mustang Mach-E {OTA} BlueCruise Map Update for Job 2 Cars - Deployment Starting EB84EA2C-1C6C-421C-AD82-0E2EB77B2FAD
Ford Mustang Mach-E {OTA} BlueCruise Map Update for Job 2 Cars - Deployment Starting DAE4A76C-6A8E-4E08-8EE8-F0D51B56A4D5

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Just got my first OTA update today in my 2021 GTPE!

And it was this map update.

I am early access, but just became a part of early access a few weeks ago.

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
I don't think this is showing where BC is available. I do think the roads where they are colored like that are more likely for it to be available though.

I just checked on the Ford map near me, and the color does change near where BC starts to work on the highway, but not quite at the same spot. Its about a mile difference. But, that is also where that highway goes from just a divided highway with regular intersections, to having on/off ramps at intersections. Blue cruise doesn't work if there are intersections on the road. And I think the map reflects where it turns into fully divided highway. But that doesn't mean it is BC capable for sure.
I will say that I did turn on the driver assist on both bridges, I never got the option to go hands free on the Gandy bridge, but I did get it on the Howard Franklin... I think the map color is an indicator of where the blue cruise can activate.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I will say that I did turn on the driver assist on both bridges, I never got the option to go hands free on the Gandy bridge, but I did get it on the Howard Franklin... I think the map color is an indicator of where the blue cruise can activate.
Basically if a road is BC capable, it will be that color on the map because that's the type of road it works on. But not every road that is that color will have BC active on it.

Also, ford doesn't control the colors of the map because they are from a 3rd party.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Basically if a road is BC capable, it will be that color on the map because that's the type of road it works on. But not every road that is that color will have BC active on it.

Also, ford doesn't control the colors of the map because they are from a 3rd party.
I have a Job 1 car; received BC abt 2 weeks ago. All I know is that my BC activates close to the point on the Ford Pass App Map where the highway turns dark red; and deactivates close to the point when the Ford Pass App Map turns back to orange or light red. So perhaps its a coincidence, but if this is consistent coincidence across the country, then the Ford Pass App Map is an excellent indicator of the BC available highways.

1. Can others try this and share their observation?
2. Can someone from Ford confirm?

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have a Job 1 car; received BC abt 2 weeks ago. All I know is that my BC activates close to the point on the Ford Pass App Map where the highway turns dark red; and deactivates close to the point when the Ford Pass App Map turns back to orange or light red. So perhaps its a coincidence, but if this is consistent coincidence across the country, then the Ford Pass App Map is an excellent indicator of the BC available highways.

1. Can others try this and share their observation?
2. Can someone from Ford confirm?
It's just not a guarantee that any road that is that color will be BC active. Other than that, that is the closet we have to a way to know. Ford said an official map was coming in May, and that didn't happen.
Sponsored