Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Power-Up 1.6.0 incoming...

Ford Power-Up 1.6.0 -
Some minor fine-tuning to keep everything running smoothly. Ongoing updates like this help ensure that you’ll always be driving the best possible version of your Mustang Mach-E. Enjoy.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Open Navigation/Settings/ scroll down to system.

Sorry for the blurry photo. Hip is still very painful.

20210708_153705.jpg
Looks like I'm a few versions behind:
Ford Mustang Mach-E [OTA] Ford Power-Up 1.4.0 Installed 20210712_205306

Also.... I'm seeing weird stuff in bezel diagnostics like this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E [OTA] Ford Power-Up 1.4.0 Installed 20210712_205341

Could this be why I'm not getting updates anymore? Ideas?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Hmm . I guess I'll just keep an eye on it for now now. The one update I got months ago happened in a parking lot no wifi or charging ?.

I seem to remember on some thread a while back (maybe on the early June update I missed?) Someone mentioned a way to see on the back end if the update had been attempted. Is that a thing?
My car arrived here in late April. The car got one of the OTA's done at the dealer (either via OTA or when be run through the pre-sale stuff). The second came sometime in May and the latest "Your door is open!" OTA arrived a couple of days ago (Friday perhaps?). It's possible you got the one OTA because the other was already done and now you'd be waiting on your turn in the rollout of the latest OTA.

Just my guess. I've been known to be wrong.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
My car arrived here in late April. The car got one of the OTA's done at the dealer (either via OTA or when be run through the pre-sale stuff). The second came sometime in May and the latest "Your door is open!" OTA arrived a couple of days ago (Friday perhaps?). It's possible you got the one OTA because the other was already done and now you'd be waiting on your turn in the rollout of the latest OTA.

Just my guess. I've been known to be wrong.
Hmm yes. That is possible. I hadn't thought of that. I thought there was a June one as well but I could be mistaken.

Also... I'm not sure what you mean by the "Your door is open! OTA" ?
Am I missing something?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I finally got PowerUp 1.4 yesterday. Still not getting notifications on the Sync4A screen of successful updates, but it shows in FordPass app and when going to the updates screen I see it.

Still odd that I had 3 bugfix OTA's before this.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I wonder if they roll out the updates in VIN (manufactured date) order? Haven't gotten ours, manufactured 5/20 or 5/21.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
FYI, this is not the system version, nor the SYNC4 version, it is only the navigation software version.
Thanks for the correction. Where is the base version for the car since this is the only one I can find that is not SYNC4?

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Still no 1.4 update. Car is on WiFi. I am beginning to wonder if these OTAs are for the Early Access members. The rest of us get them much, much later?

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
Thanks for the correction. Where is the base version for the car since this is the only one I can find that is not SYNC4?
Funnily enough...I'm not entirely sure there is a "base" version for the car that's visible to the end user (at least not yet). Since shipping it, Ford has updated some module firmware with running updates, as well as at least 2 different versions of SYNC4 (243 and 252) but only one or two versions of navigation (1.37.71 and 1.37.68??). So any individual vehicle could have different modules, Firmware, sync, etc.

Think of it like a computer: you have the OS as well as lots of devices. Each of those devices may or may not have updates. And not updating the BIOS doesn't mean Windows won't run. Same thing goes here. And while SYNC4 is the infotainment operating system, there's a deeper level of integration for the chassis/body control modules in the vehicle. Even the instrument cluster isn't part of SYNC4, they just talk to each other. And all of the other modules each have their own firmware as well. But the chassis/body control module talks to all the others, and they dont' need to be upgraded in unison. And there are often rolling changes to underlying components as well.

Perhaps when the larger OTAs roll out there will be a big set of updates that level them out to have one "master" set of stuff per update. But that's not a certainty. We just kind of have to wait (very impatiently) and see.

Last edited:
OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Funnily enough...I'm not entirely sure there is a "base" version for the car that's visible to the end user (at least not yet). Since shipping it, Ford has updated some module firmware with running updates, as well as at least 2 different versions of SYNC4 (243 and 252) but only one version of navigation (1.37.71). So any individual vehicle could have different modules, Firmware, sync, etc.

Think of it like a computer: you have the OS as well as lots of devices. Each of those devices may or may not have updates. And not updating the BIOS doesn't mean Windows won't run. Same thing goes here. And while SYNC4 is the infotainment operating system, there's a deeper level of integration for the chassis/body control modules in the vehicle. Even the instrument cluster isn't part of SYNC4, they just talk to each other. And all of the other modules each have their own firmware as well. But the chassis/body control module talks to all the others, and they dont' need to be upgraded in unison. And there are often rolling changes to underlying components as well.

Perhaps when the larger OTAs roll out there will be a big set of updates that level them out to have one "master" set of stuff per update. But that's not a certainty. We just kind of have to wait (very impatiently) and see.

Yeah, Thats why I plan on getting the software version of every module after every OTA.

The OTA did have a version of 1.4.0, but that is probably just going to be a release number to keep track of which one you're getting. This update appears to only have updated one of the many many modules in the car.
Sponsored