SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
Yeah, Thats why I plan on getting the software version of every module after every OTA.

The OTA did have a version of 1.4.0, but that is probably just going to be a release number to keep track of which one you're getting. This update appears to only have updated one of the many many modules in the car.
Quite honestly, I expect that there will be some "intelligence" to the updates as well. Meaning at version 2.0 (for example) it will see which things you already have installed, and only download and install the things that aren't up-to-date. It's likely ford pays for that cellular connectivity to the vehicles and the amount of data used, so they'll want to minimize how much is sent to the vehicle.
Sponsored

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
The OTA did have a version of 1.4.0, but that is probably just going to be a release number to keep track of which one you're getting. This update appears to only have updated one of the many many modules in the car.
So is there anywhere on the car itself that says 1.4.0? Or is that only on the update notification? If that's the case, kind of silly to give the end users version numbers if we can't even see them

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So is there anywhere on the car itself that says 1.4.0? Or is that only on the update notification? If that's the case, kind of silly to give the end users version numbers if we can't even see them
As of right now, I'm not aware of anywhere on the car you can see what version of software you're running overall.

I actually am going to add this to my list of requested features in my conversations with the Mach E team.

We may not be able to get a spot that shows what version is running, but we should at least be able to see something like when the last OTA was applied and what version number it was.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Power-Up 1.6.0 incoming...

Ford Power-Up 1.6.0 -
Some minor fine-tuning to keep everything running smoothly. Ongoing updates like this help ensure that you’ll always be driving the best possible version of your Mustang Mach-E. Enjoy.
There is just no way to keep up with you Ron. I finally get caught up and your updating again? ?.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Quite honestly, I expect that there will be some "intelligence" to the updates as well. Meaning at version 2.0 (for example) it will see which things you already have installed, and only download and install the things that aren't up-to-date. It's likely ford pays for that cellular connectivity to the vehicles and the amount of data used, so they'll want to minimize how much is sent to the vehicle.
I believe they are already doing this. The last updated was targeted to the TCU. This screenshot is from Fords back end, and shows each of the components, what my current version was, and what the new version is in the OTA and the file size of each package.
Ford Mustang Mach-E [OTA] Ford Power-Up 1.4.0 Installed 1626198176827

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
One thing I just noticed on my screenshot, the first two OTA's had that they required Wifi. This 1.4.0 update does not require wifi. So It looks like some updates will require the car be on Wifi, and some won't.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
One thing I just noticed on my screenshot, the first two OTA's had that they required Wifi. This 1.4.0 update does not require wifi. So It looks like some updates will require the car be on Wifi, and some won't.
My 1.4 update installed while at work, so the car wasn't connected to Wifi. Though I can't promise that it didn't download the night before, while at home.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My 1.4 update installed while at work, so the car wasn't connected to Wifi. Though I can't promise that it didn't download the night before, while at home.
Which matches what my screenshot says. This update didn't require it. The first two OTA's did.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
I believe they are already doing this. The last updated was targeted to the TCU. This screenshot is from Fords back end, and shows each of the components, what my current version was, and what the new version is in the OTA and the file size of each package.
Ford Mustang Mach-E [OTA] Ford Power-Up 1.4.0 Installed 1626198176827
Neat! How are you getting screenshots of Ford's back-end? Is the available to anyone, or something only a tech can access?

This also makes me feel vindicated for setting up to connect to my home's WiFi.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Neat! How are you getting screenshots of Ford's back-end? Is the available to anyone, or something only a tech can access?

This also makes me feel vindicated for setting up to connect to my home's WiFi.
This was provided to me by someone that has access to the ford technician system. It is not publicly available.

ETIS.ford.com is open, and can show some limited info. I'm not entirely sure if this is relevant though, and doesn't seem to update very often.

1626198789609.png

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe testing/baby steps? We assume the drop down is the initial check and after the campaign is successful the available becomes current? Do you know the units of file size hoping not Kb. If bites 49 meg is the largest that would be good.

Edit: Missed 91 meg but still not too bloated.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Maybe testing/baby steps? We assume the drop down is the initial check and after the campaign is successful the available becomes current? Do you know the units of file size hoping not Kb. If bites 49 meg is the largest that would be good.
I don't know any of those answers since I can't access the info myself unfortunately.

Most of my info is based off my career in IT, plus I've been active in forums for other ford vehicles I've owned over the years learning about module updates and how it all works. Tweaking the vehicles configs to give extra features or change things about the car.

A lot of it Is the same across all types of ford vehicles. It'll just take some time to figure out how it all works on this car. The key will just be getting all the info to be able to read everything through the OBD port.

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I haven't received yet, the car shows that it is up-to-date, is there any way to force the updates?

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I haven't received yet, the car shows that it is up-to-date, is there any way to force the updates?
Not that we're aware of at this time.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
ETIS.ford.com is open, and can show some limited info. I'm not entirely sure if this is relevant though, and doesn't seem to update very often.

Ford Mustang Mach-E [OTA] Ford Power-Up 1.4.0 Installed 1626198789609
I'm getting a domain name error on this url