TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's been 3 full weeks since 1.40 started rolling out. With 1.60 coming and cars not getting any updates something is not right about 1.40.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It's been 3 full weeks since 1.40 started rolling out. With 1.60 coming and cars not getting any updates something is not right about 1.40.
That is possible. But we'll probably never know. haha.

Nyc_rock

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Grand Cherokee
Country flag
Neat! How are you getting screenshots of Ford's back-end? Is the available to anyone, or something only a tech can access?

This also makes me feel vindicated for setting up to connect to my home's WiFi.
The car can be connected to your home Wi-Fi? How does that work?

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Finally received 1.4. Cant see the results yet, tried rebooting car/app a few times.
So far none of the OTA's have added anything in the car.

1.4.0 adds the SecuriAlert which is found in the FordPass app. It may take a few days after getting 1.4.0 before SecuriAlert shows up in fordpass though.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I just got 1.4 on 7/20/2021. .. but others are already getting 1.6 .. so what’s up with that ?

0BA8DB3D-1956-493E-85D4-2EA485E07394.jpeg

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm calling Ford SUV tomorrow. My car is a dud for the updates! It downloads NOTHING.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Let us know what they say ?. I'm in the same boat
According to my Ford Rep the updates appear to be rolling out based on production date and factory. Since the all of the Mach-Es, except the GT are made in the same factory it will be by VIN from that factory.

She also said not all the cars will get the updates unless it is a major update intended for all cars for a specific model. Some of the early cars are getting updates that cars that were made later already have most of those updates, or they will be getting them in the September OTA when BlueCruise is scheduled to release.

Basically the Power Up OTAs are prep updates that are being tested broadly before the big one that is not ready for everyone yet.

That was my understanding from our conversation today.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
According to my Ford Rep the updates appear to be rolling out based on production date and factory. Since the all of the Mach-Es, except the GT are made in the same factory it will be by VIN from that factory.

She also said not all the cars will get the updates unless it is a major update intended for all cars for a specific model. Some of the early cars are getting updates that cars that were made later already have most of those updates, or they will be getting them in the September OTA when BlueCruise is scheduled to release.

Basically the Power Up OTAs are prep updates that are being tested broadly before the big one that is not ready for everyone yet.

That was my understanding from our conversation today.
Well that makes a lot of sense... I appreciate the report! Hopefully when blue cruise comes they'll have a more reasonable roll out! ?

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Just got my 1.4 OTA today. Was worried since I had received no updates but happy to finally have one! Cannot wait for BlueCruise.
Sponsored