unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Bunch of good news there, hopefully they achieve their target dates. If Ford is lurking around maybe they can check out the Mach-E Improvements Trello board on the interwebs ;-)

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Yeah, this was a good listen and confirms what I hoped to happen and that's as they get more empirical data then we'll see more software updates. So, faster charging speeds are coming, I expect range increases as well as performance increases as well. I thought it was interesting if I heard it correctly is that they rolled out the GT before it was fully performance ready and that the October presser will be the car in it's finished form. So does that mean an OTA for better top end for the GT? We'll see. Hope to see it on the Premium as well.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Sounds like a whole lot of their strategy is start safe, loosen later. That's potentially good news for with respect to performance as well. (eg: GT trap speed)

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
he talked about a cloud-based system that estimates trip distance based on elevation, weather, etc. that is the first i've heard of that, but great to know that it exists! hopefully they can make it a bit more customer facing in the future for us w/ an MME
Yes, this is what caught my attention. We tease a lot here about the GOM (Guess-O-Meter), right? I heard Darren Palmer with Ford say the MME now has the tech to more accurately project your range when trip planning. Impressive. Say you have been driving conservatively around town for the last month, but now you want to plan a trip using the Ford Nav system. If I understand it right, the MME should now be able to predict the range you could realistically expect on your trip. Of course, the computer can not predict how fast you intend to drive on the interstate, so I assume it predicts based on the speed limit (plus 10 perhaps?) He said that tech is available now in the MME. Time to put it to the test.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
Sounds like a whole lot of their strategy is start safe, loosen later. That's potentially good news for with respect to performance as well. (eg: GT trap speed)
That's what I'm thinking, explains why there aren't any of the professional reviews of the GT yet. I definitely like Ford's approach of playing it safe. At the same time though, I would be a bit disappointed if I had a GT and it traps only 100MPH for the 1/4.. I didn't read through the few GT performance related threads. Did Ford say anything about the low trap speed?

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
That's what I'm thinking, explains why there aren't any of the professional reviews of the GT yet. I definitely like Ford's approach of playing it safe. At the same time though, I would be a bit disappointed if I had a GT and it traps only 100MPH for the 1/4.. I didn't read through the few GT performance related threads. Did Ford say anything about the low trap speed?
I didn't hear anything direct about the GT trap speed.

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Can someone explain to a non car guy what the heck traps means?

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I think the 80% curve drop is a bit much and was done to be "safe than sorry". I've always thought that Ford would adjust that curve eventually. Once the charging network is larger and there aren't constant charger issues then maybe that curve won't be a big deal.

Those that ever charge at DC chargers could really care less about that change I suppose. But as it stands now, having an extra 40ish miles because you can go to 90% could be pretty helpful to get to that next leg in your trip. Not to mention apparently the majority of the states are charged by minute vs charged by kWh like here in CA. I always thought everyone paid for what they used, I did not even realize that most people pay per minute, that suxs..

If they are concerned with owners charging to 100%, I don't see this change happening, not with all the battery fire issues. I can't see Ford making any changes that could potentially lump them in with the Bolt.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
Basically what speed the car is traveling at over a certain distance. In the GT's case, it's like 3.9 second to reach 60MPH, yet by the time it goes a 1/4 mile it is only traveling at 100MPH. The 3.9 second is fine, but usually when a car accelerates to 60MPH in under 4 seconds, it should trap at a higher speed.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I think the 80% curve drop is a bit much and was done to be "safe than sorry". I've always thought that Ford would adjust that curve eventually. Once the charging network is larger and there aren't constant charger issues then maybe that curve won't be a big deal.

Those that ever charge at DC chargers could really care less about that change I suppose. But as it stands now, having an extra 40ish miles because you can go to 90% could be pretty helpful to get to that next leg in your trip. Not to mention apparently the majority of the states are charged by minute vs charged by kWh like here in CA. I always thought everyone paid for what they used, I did not even realize that most people pay per minute, that suxs..

If they are concerned with owners charging to 100%, I don't see this change happening, not with all the battery fire issues. I can't see Ford making any changes that could potentially lump them in with the Bolt.
Truth. And extra 10% of fast charging might not matter if you don’t fast charge or if you live somewhere there are an abundance of DCFC. But if you live where DCFC is few and far between, I can assure you IT MATTERS.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
When/where did he claim this? Your embedded video didn't load when I first opened the page, sorry.

Great news for sure if true.

That being said, I didn't have any issues on my roadtrip with the current "curve", was always to 80% before I was even done eating/bathroom/etc. Of course faster/better charging is always appreciated. Guessing they have enough customer charging data to work on it.
How slowly do you poop

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
the MME now has the tech to more accurately project your range when trip planning. Impressive. Say you have been driving conservatively around town for the last month, but now you want to plan a trip using the Ford Nav system. If I understand it right, the MME should now be able to predict the range you could realistically expect on your trip. Of course, the computer can not predict how fast you intend to drive on the interstate, so I assume it predicts based on the speed limit (plus 10 perhaps?) He said that tech is available now in the MME. Time to put it to the test.
He said that they are getting this data now from Mach-Es but that it is not yet customer facing, so I don't think there's anything yet available for us to test.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
It's how fast you're going at the end of a 1/4 mile race. 100 mph is slow. It's slower than an F-150 Limited.

The direct competition for the Mach-E GT is more in the 110 to 115 mph range.

And it directly relates to your passing power especially if you live in a state with some 80 mph speed limits, as I do.
Sponsored