Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I just want the update at this point. Come on Ford you clearly have given it to people getting their cars just push it out the rest of us or give up a timeline on when we are going to get it. Soon is not the right answer. I want a date.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

WildBillTV

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I might be side tracking this thread, but if I cannot connect my car to my WiFi (Verizon Router. Seems to be known issue?) will I be able to download the OTA updates or do I have to be on my WiFi for those?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I might be side tracking this thread, but if I cannot connect my car to my WiFi (Verizon Router. Seems to be known issue?) will I be able to download the OTA updates or do I have to be on my WiFi for those?
So far the released OTAs have been able to download via cellular or WiFi. I'm not sure if future updates will be if such a magnitude that WiFi is needed.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
You can't connect to the Fios 5G. Have to use 2.4. Yes, it will download via the cellular connection.

WildBillTV

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
So far the released OTAs have been able to download via cellular or WiFi. I'm not sure if future updates will be if such a magnitude that WiFi is needed.
You can't connect to the Fios 5G. Have to use 2.4. Yes, it will download via the cellular connection.
Thanks for the help!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I asked Jim Farley at @Ford Motor Company for a favor on Twitter today for tomorrow. Hopefully he reads his messages in the morning. If he does maybe the OTAs will start rolling out tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
This one? On the edge of our seats but still no sign. We need that like bluecruise. Hoping all those gateway checks come in before winter. If not maybe we can plug into the serial port at the dealers?

Sync works OK here and the car is running and charging well. The OP list does not grab me as anything I will use. But the insideEVs vid with @Ford Motor Company hinted that may not always be the case. Looking forward to promised improvements to this gr8 car and hoping what they contemplate happens. There is a lot of positive to this vehicle and the extent that it is upgradeable is one of them. I am willing to give it a bit of time to see what happens. It would definitely confirm we have future tellers here. ;)
Sponsored