Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Blue Flex, 2021 Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I got 1.6, then 1.4. I have no SecuriAlert, which I would like since taking a trip in 11 hours.
I reached out to @Ford Motor Company and they DM'd me to get a case opened with their support team. They confirmed some contact information with me and then had a support rep call me within a few days. The rep was very polite but they are tier 1 support only. Although they were able to confirm that my car got the PowerUps they have zero understanding of the backend and suggested that I wait for the Security Alert to show up. Not the most helpful answer.

I'd say Ford is trying with this approach but tier 1 support is basically just a customer service front to placate customers. They weren't able to solve the problem and the suggestions were what I'd expect from a tier 1 service desk. They did take some of my suggestions and said they would pass them on to the DEV team. This whole thing is new so I suspect they will get better at it. They should start taking a cue from tech companies. There are, after all, on their way to becoming a software company. ?

In the end I had to reset the car, remove it from the FordPass app and then readd to the app (Selected to delete the old data in cloud when prompted) and then I got Secure Alert. If you do decide to do this then wait an hour before reading the car back to FordPass. The backend lags with the cleanup. I never called the Ford peeps back to let them know I fixed the problem on my own. I saw that it would be a waste of everyones time since they considered the matter closed with "just wait" as their solution.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You guys are lucky.
I get no auto updates. Follow the forum, hear of update, visit play store, force install.
No Power ups -nothing OTA.
Unable to install plug and charge.
Home page and vehicle page display different vehicle names.
Ford.com thinks my MachE is a MachE.
FordPass still says my MME is a Ford edge (root of my problems?)
Have forced all of the updates and the FSA is installed.
Had hoped Ford would send an universal fix as was once rumored.
Have a case number/ticket - last answer was it is in process but they know not where.
Foolishly thought that since they had dealt with the issue numerous times they would be able to fix it easily and quickly now, based on experience....
(of course Paak is not enabled, I disabled it since it was as total pain as well. Good thing I purchased the second FOB before I took delivery)
Sounds like a case for @Ford Motor Company

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Coming very soon to a SUV near you...

- Drawing/notes app, calculator, tic-tac-toe, remote setup of profile preferences.
- Navigation enhancements
- Carplay navigation in the instrument cluster (with buzzing at no extra charge).
- Radio icon change
- Bug fixes
- Release notes describing these changes, purely for entertainment value
Thanks @RonTCat!

Now we just need that BlueCruise update.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I reached out to @Ford Motor Company and they DM'd me to get a case opened with their support team. They confirmed some contact information with me and then had a support rep call me within a few days. The rep was very polite but they are tier 1 support only. Although they were able to confirm that my car got the PowerUps they have zero understanding of the backend and suggested that I wait for the Security Alert to show up. Not the most helpful answer.

I'd say Ford is trying with this approach but tier 1 support is basically just a customer service front to placate customers. They weren't able to solve the problem and the suggestions were what I'd expect from a tier 1 service desk. They did take some of my suggestions and said they would pass them on to the DEV team. This whole thing is new so I suspect they will get better at it. They should start taking a cue from tech companies. There are, after all, on their way to becoming a software company. ?

In the end I had to reset the car, remove it from the FordPass app and then readd to the app (Selected to delete the old data in cloud when prompted) and then I got Secure Alert. If you do decide to do this then wait an hour before reading the car back to FordPass. The backend lags with the cleanup. I never called the Ford peeps back to let them know I fixed the problem on my own. I saw that it would be a waste of everyones time since they considered the matter closed with "just wait" as their solution.
In September 2018 I called Ford Support about a charging issue with my Fusion Energi. Tier 1 support was offshore. They were useless, created a case number.

Tier 2 finally got in touch with me. Weeks went by where they had me try one thing, then another. My case became the topic of their weekly meeting. Eventually, I gave up, and resolved the problem myself.

I called tier 1 support on 7/2 for my Mach-E. I was transferred 4 or 5 times. I got a case number. They only knew to uninstall and reinstall FordPass. That didn't resolve my issue. Note - but the forum later did. I had a list of 4 items.

My dealer got involved contacting his regional rep.

They eventually contacted him back, saying the Engineering team would reach out.
About 2 weeks ago, I reached out to @Ford_Motor_Company here. They liked up the case number that I got on 7/2 and said it had no info in it...They offered to fill in the details, but things broke down when they insisted I provided information via DM here that I chose not to since any moderator or administrator would have access to it.

I contacted @Ford on Twitter to fill in the blanks on 8/13. Got no reply, but it has only been 16 days...

I told the Ford rep here via DM that I gave the Twitter team the missing info and his name. He said that the social media teams aren't allowed to share information about cases... I offered to email the info. They cannot do that either. They have what they need to both identify the vehicle and contact me. They haven't.

I did add FordPass to a separate phone and got no SecuriAlert.

I just re-dded PAAK to see how it performs with the latest Android version. Even cleared the data from my phone first. No change, no SecuriAlert.

Still seeing messages that the vehicle is asleep at times, despite knowing it is not. That was promised as an OTA update back in June at least. After clearing the app and reopening it this morning, it shows 9 hour old data until I repeatedly forced a refresh. No Bluetooth connection yet established, probably due to the false sleeping message...

"This whole thing is new" is not correct. Providing support directly to consumers has been in place since at least 2018. There are zero signs that Ford has learned anything or gotten better at it.

After we return from vacation I will turn up the pressure on all fronts. We need better tier 1 support and it should not be offshore. We should not have to empty the cloud days, nor reboot vehicles and lose data, for simple features. And Ford needs to up their Tier 1 support game big time.

My purchase of future EVs from Ford, including my reserved Lightning, ride heavily on my hope that Ford meets the challenge. Right now I'd say they have failed miserably to do so. If necessary, I will push to bring my vehicle to the engineering team since they are 30 minutes away. #Hopeful

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine doesn't show this either, despite how many times I try to open and close the drop-down from the System Updates settings page in my MME. It just keeps saying "your system is up-to-date".

If I go to the General settings area though it does say my sync 4 software version is 20312_product and revision 243.
Everyone is operating different versions with the same sync version? Maybe because you got them reversed it says nothing which is better than telling you 1.4. Mine clearly state 1.6 still as of this morning. ?‍♂

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Power Up 1.7.1 preview IMG_3272

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
Calculator will be handy. Every car I've ever owned and every tank of gas I've ever filled, I've always manually calculated my MPG doing Trip1/gallons.

Oh wait.. OK OK I'll do Trip1/% used in the MME ?

I'm still unclear what can be done over OTA and what can only be done at the dealer. My car is still on Sync 243. Will that ever get updated OTA?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Calculator will be handy. Every car I've ever owned and every tank of gas I've ever filled, I've always manually calculated my MPG doing Trip1/gallons.

Oh wait.. OK OK I'll do Trip1/% used in the MME ?

I'm still unclear what can be done over OTA and what can only be done at the dealer. My car is still on Sync 243. Will that ever get updated OTA?
Probably... Within 3 weeks, give or take

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Oh really??? I've only had my MME since July 23rd, and two weeks of that I was in Alaska. So the first time I've looked it was 1.4 when I knew 1.6 was out. I just assumed, like any normal person, 1.4 would come before 1.6 cause you know, numbers....
Most if not all of us got 1.4 after 1.6. Forget what they taught you in school on MME 1.4 follows 1.6.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
What versions are the few GT's already delivered?
Just guessing here but i don't think they will have any "Power-up" version listed as this was just created to attempt to address the feedback that people didn't know what OTA they had... Cars coming from the factory likely won't have any OTAs yet.
Sponsored