JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Most if not all of us got 1.4 after 1.6. Forget what they taught you in school on MME 1.4 follows 1.6.
I got 1.4 a couple of months before 1.6.
Sponsored

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
What is the Mach-e listed in your router? I looked at my Router and cant see anything obvious Ford, Mach-e, etc.
I haven't really looked before, but I just checked and it is not attached to the network right now. More than likely, it disconnects when it is sleeping. You may have to trigger the car to connect by turning it on or telling it to check for updates.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I got 1.4 a couple of months before 1.6.
Likewise. I took delivery in early May. Between the time the dealer took it out of transport mode and I picked it up, it got one (perhaps 2, I no longer recall) OTA's at the dealer, then I got 1 unnumbered OTA at home (perhaps 2). That was followed by 1.4 and about a month or so later 1.6.

I now have come to expect that 1.7 will follow. :p

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
What is the Mach-e listed in your router? I looked at my Router and cant see anything obvious Ford, Mach-e, etc.
Look for Mac address 78:55:cd I believe
I hunted it down, yes with 78:55:CD for MAC address. The name is shown as md9650. I also have one with a name "sync" with 28:38:5C for MAC address.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I really need to add a port mirror and have my server log all packets to the mach-e so I can later analyze the update... Alas I don't have time to set that up right now.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I hunted it down, yes with 78:55:CD for MAC address. The name is shown as md9650. I also have one with a name "sync" with 28:38:5C for MAC address.
Yeah, not sure what the 28:38:5C is for, manufacture is flextronics... My guess is that is the connection when the vehicle is on, likely not for updates. I base this on when it shows data transfer.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yeah, not sure what the 28:38:5C is for, manufacture is flextronics... My guess is that is the connection when the vehicle is on, likely not for updates. I base this on when it shows data transfer.
What my router is showing. 7/30-8/9 I was in Alaska. Basically not pulled anything the last month.

“In a break from tradition, Ford with its MyFord system has chosen to partner with Flextronics, a Singapore-based EMS provider that is not part of the established Tier-1 automotive supplier base,"

Guess it would depended what "MyFord System" is actually considered to be. This is the only traffic I have on my router for devices that I don't know or haven't already labeled.

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Power Up 1.7.1 preview CarConnectio

Last edited:

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
What my router is showing. 7/30-8/9 I was in Alaska. Basically not pulled anything the last month.

“In a break from tradition, Ford with its MyFord system has chosen to partner with Flextronics, a Singapore-based EMS provider that is not part of the established Tier-1 automotive supplier base,"

Guess it would depended what "MyFord System" is actually considered to be. This is the only traffic I have on my router for devices that I don't know or haven't already labeled.

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Power Up 1.7.1 preview CarConnectio
Based on the name, it does seem like it could be related to sync... The question is, would that handle sync updates separately from the others, or is it for other communications with the sync system...

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I really need to add a port mirror and have my server log all packets to the mach-e so I can later analyze the update... Alas I don't have time to set that up right now.
Won't the packets be encrypted?
I've been looking at the connections, a good portion are to port 443. Did not capture any to see what inside the others though.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I’m sure they likely are. The question is if it’s breakable (pre-shared key etc) or not. I’m not aware of anyone digging into it yet. There are ways to man in the middle ssl…

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yes, its basically all encrypted, guess you could sniff a little though.
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Power Up 1.7.1 preview 1630264223177
Sponsored