Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
Not me and now I think my car is going backwards. My car went back to only being able to open the driver door by opening the back passenger door first. I fixed it once by disconnecting the 12V battery and it fixed it. As of yesterday that fix stopped working. I am hoping this new update that never seems to come will fix it so I don't have to disconnect the battery again it resets the mileage and other things.
Interesting, sometimes, but not all the time, my rear passenger door won't open unless one of the front doors are opened first, at which point both open.

I thought maybe this was some safety feature but given the inconsistency I can't figure out what the purpose might be. Or how to turn it off.
Sponsored

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting, sometimes, but not all the time, my rear passenger door won't open unless one of the front doors are opened first, at which point both open.

I thought maybe this was some safety feature but given the inconsistency I can't figure out what the purpose might be. Or how to turn it off.
I just disconnected the 12V battery again and it fixed my issue of not being able to open the driver door without opening back passenger door first. its a weird way to fix a issue like this but it works.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I just disconnected the 12V battery again and it fixed my issue of not being able to open the driver door without opening back passenger door first. its a weird way to fix a issue like this but it works.
This is where a "hard" reboot option on the car would be nice.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag

I've had my Mach-E since April, and just last week mine started doing this exact thing EVERY time. I press the back door...nothing happens, press the front door button and both pop open simultaneously . Very annoying. I can also fish out my key fob and unlock it moments before and then it seems to work right, but not if I do the way I was used to for the first 5 months (walk up and press the button).

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Last 2 days my Mustang has connected to my network 12 times, but has only downloaded 1.5 MB.

This is much more than usual.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My argument is "I have really bad fomo!"
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Power Up 1.7.1 preview Untitled-1

Sync is running fine here without tic tac toe but a better charging curve and no 80% cliff sounds like something I don't want to miss out on. For me the curve is jump to 47 KW on a 50 KW charger and stop at 80% as they charge by the minute and 11 KW isn't cutting it. So the mme may get better DP indicated. Tweaking modules to except and then bam! ;) Thanks Kyle ?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Last 2 days my Mustang has connected to my network 12 times, but has only downloaded 1.5 MB.

This is much more than usual.
The last couple updates have been in the magnitude of 100 MB,. I suppose they could be downloading in smaller chunks over time, but I have not seen this.

I actually got a nice big 100 MB download over a month ago that never showed up as an update, so who knows.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The last couple updates have been in the magnitude of 100 MB,. I suppose they could be downloading in smaller chunks over time, but I have not seen this.

I actually got a nice big 100 MB download over a month ago that never showed up as an update, so who knows.
I'm guessing 1.7.1 will be over 1 GB when it comes. I doubt it will be sent compressed or the car would need to spend a lot of time decompressing before it can save the files.

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
I'm guessing 1.7.1 will be over 1 GB when it comes. I doubt it will be sent compressed or the car would need to spend a lot of time decompressing before it can save the files.
"Lot of time" is relative. Algorithms like lzop are memory efficient and quite fast. In fact, if the storage is slow, it's way faster (for algorithms like lzop and lz4) to store compressed data and decompress it on the fly than to have to read more bytes off storage. This remains true when pulling files over a relatively slow connection such as a mobile network (and even with WiFi this will generally hold true, depending on the capabilities of the embedded CPU).

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Decompressing 1 GiB of data even if its compressed with the slowest of popular compression - xz - is pretty fast on a hardware that can run Mach-E central screen. The bottleneck could be I/O - the SSD write speed.