Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Is there anyway this is related to the outage? They utilized resources heavily to send out the OTA to a massive amount of cars and someone messed something up? Seems like quite a lot of people got it this week.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Is there anyway this is related to the outage? They utilized resources heavily to send out the OTA to a massive amount of cars and someone messed something up? Seems like quite a lot of people got it this week.
I’m not convinced it changed something on every car.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looks like this smaller update did deploy faster. It usually takes 2 or 3 months to get an update after the first reports. Ghost Stallion got updated today while I was inside the hardware store picking up house goods.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It should not be related. We have 6 people report they got the OTA yesterday on this thread during the outage. So that continued to work while the website and fordpass were down.

Obviously they pushed that to more than just 6 cars yesterday and thats just the sample size we get on the forum. But if it was a big push, we would have seen many more people posting about it. If thats all it takes to overload their system, they completely designed it wrong from the start.

ValentinoRossi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-e Premium AWD ER (10/21 build)
Country flag
You would see it under Software Update, Check for Updates.

If you have a GT or a build after late June you won’t have any. No updates have been released for those cars yet. They already have all the ones the early ones are getting now.
My car was built October 2021 and it has many of the fixes but it doesnt have Notes or Tic-Tac-Toe (although the frunk button inside the frunk does work and sends me a notification when its used). How do owners of June and onwards builds get these new features like Notes then?

The only apps I have are Fordpass and the Drawing app.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car was built October 2021 and it has many of the fixes but it doesnt have Notes or Tic-Tac-Toe (although the frunk button inside the frunk does work and sends me a notification when its used). How do owners of June and onwards builds get these new features like Notes then?

Your modules are up to date but maybe your Sync version is a version behind. It’s all very confusing.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
There is a fix coming hopefully very shortly for those that are stuck in the update. Information will be shared as soon as it is available to share

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Notes was renamed to sketch in the later builds (yours). You have everything if you have the drawing app. Tic-Tac-To and the calculator are inside the drawing app.

BK2EV

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MachE AWD Premium ER, 2015 Challenger Hellcat
Country flag
Just got it this afternoon. Confirmed by Fordpass.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is a fix coming hopefully very shortly for those that are stuck in the update. Information will be shared as soon as it is available to share
Isn't this exactly what you posted in the stuck on 1.7.1 thread and then nothing ever materialized from that either...?

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Isn't this exactly what you posted in the stuck on 1.7.1 thread and then nothing ever materialized from that either...?
Ah crap I thought I was in the 1.7.1 thread. I've got no idea about 2.1.0, but I know there is progress on the fix for 1.7.1

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah crap I thought I was in the 1.7.1 thread. I've got no idea about 2.1.0, but I know there is progress on the fix for 1.7.1
But that was like a week or two ago. So soon means just in the next whenever? Not actually soon? I'm pretty sure the fix for those stuck on 1.7.1 is to get the customer satisfaction program done.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
But that was like a week or two ago. So soon means just in the next whenever? Not actually soon? I'm pretty sure the fix for those stuck on 1.7.1 is to get the customer satisfaction program done.
Nearly all of Ford America has been off the past two weeks except for critical operations. I wish I had a better answer for you on when soon is, but not only do I not have that, I am not authorized to share it if I did. I am just trying to provide reassurance that the issue is not forgotten and there is active work going on regarding it. And the CSP might fix a few of the stuck 1.7.1 people but the majority of them will need this other fix applied.

I share the little information I do because I agree the communication sucks but I can't share too much because I enjoy being employed more

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nearly all of Ford America has been off the past two weeks except for critical operations. I wish I had a better answer for you on when soon is, but not only do I not have that, I am not authorized to share it if I did. I am just trying to provide reassurance that the issue is not forgotten and there is active work going on regarding it. And the CSP might fix a few of the stuck 1.7.1 people but the majority of them will need this other fix applied.

I share the little information I do because I agree the communication sucks but I can't share too much because I enjoy being employed more
It’s an OTA fix?