breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
As expected this is a GWM (Gateway Module) update. The gateway module is your network switch that also controls OTA updates. It is what physically updates the other modules in the vehicle. Likely they are getting it ready for the next OTAs upcoming.

Note: This seems to only apply to pre-June 18 build cars.

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Power-Up 2.1.0 is out 1639444361921
Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If there are "minor updates here and there" then why has the major version number changed??

Ford must be using a magic 8 ball to come up with the power up version numbers.
This version numbering system is actually an improvement over what they started with

OP
OP
Luke

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
As expected this is a GWM (Gateway Module) update. The gateway module is your network switch that also controls OTA updates. It is what physically updates the other modules in the vehicle. Likely they are getting it ready for the next OTAs upcoming.

Note: This seems to only apply to pre-June 18 build cars.

1639444361921.png
That matches the description of the update 2.0.1 listed in the post https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...have-issue-updating.10071/page-19#post-293124 that @Eric_C_Boston mentioned earlier.

Last edited:

kj_utah

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD ER
Country flag
Noticed this upgrade came through before the update icon because my GOM range went up about 30 miles on a 90% charge, so feels like it had something to do with that.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
1.7.1 hasn't even attempted on my car.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
It didn’t. The gateway module has nothing to do with the GOM.
But, if the GWM update improves module update process, maybe other pieces fall into place like rumored cold temp. range adjustment and useable kWh increase.

I suspect CSP 21P22 fixes something in cars made before June ?? that was impeding OTAs. Cars made after that date (like mine) hopefully left the factory with the secret sauce that makes OTA more seamless. Time will tell.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
If there are "minor updates here and there" then why has the major version number changed??

Ford must be using a magic 8 ball to come up with the power up version numbers.
Others can correct me, but I don’t believe the numbers associated with the Power Up Updates are version numbers. Rather they are just reference numbers to each update. Hence why a lower number update could be delivered after a higher one.

tino2know

First Name
Tino Rexach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Occupation
Director at University
Country flag
Just went outside to update......it saids my software is up to date.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Thinking about those numbers, hypothetically, one might think that the dealer update might correspond to a future OTA, perhaps 2.0, thus the 'major update' numbering going from 1 to 2.

But since the dealer did the update, the next minor update ended up 2.1.0..

Just a wild guess.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Maybe the major version number refers to Job 2 vehicles or Job 1 vehicles that have received CSP 21P22 from the dealer to upgrade to Job 2 sw config?

Full disclosure, just spitballing, I'm a copy writer not a code writer.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Well, I have an appointment for the 21P22 update at the dealer tomorrow. Maybe I will ask for the 2.1 update, too, if it won't add a day or 10 to the work...

Last edited:

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Noticed this upgrade came through before the update icon because my GOM range went up about 30 miles on a 90% charge, so feels like it had something to do with that.
Placebo. Update was only GWM.

But, if the GWM update improves module update process, maybe other pieces fall into place like rumored cold temp. range adjustment and useable kWh increase.

I suspect CSP 21P22 fixes something in cars made before June ?? that was impeding OTAs. Cars made after that date (like mine) hopefully left the factory with the secret sauce that makes OTA more seamless. Time will tell.
"other pieces fall into place". Only if they actually run those updates for those modules. Which they did not. It is possible the later build cars already have this GWM version - but I'm not sure we will have to confirm.

Others can correct me, but I don’t believe the numbers associated with the Power Up Updates are version numbers. Rather they are just reference numbers to each update. Hence why a lower number update could be delivered after a higher one.
This is correct. The numbering scheme is really stupid. It is literally just the update pushed.

Just went outside to update......it saids my software is up to date.
Either your car isn't eligible yet or will not be eligible because it already has the software. It will update automatically if/when it is released for your VIN.

Thinking about those numbers, hypothetically, one might think that the dealer update might correspond to a future OTA, perhaps 2.0, thus the 'major update' numbering going from 1 to 2.

But since the dealer did the update, the next minor update ended up 2.1.0..

Just a wild guess.
This is possible but unlikely in this case. Since it is a GWM update it shouldn't require any other modules to be updated to function. It acts as a network switch for other modules and then handles the OTA updates. No dependencies on other module software (my guess).

Well, I have an appointment for the 21P22 update at the dealer tomorrow. Maybe I will ask for the 2.1 update, too, if it won't add a day it 10 to the work...
The 2.1 update is just a GWM update. It will only show up for the dealer if Ford has released it for your VIN.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
I think I got it, noticed the heated seat option now has an 'Auto' option, not just the terrible UI heat settings. WIll check tomorrow.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I think I got it, noticed the heated seat option now has an 'Auto' option, not just the terrible UI heat settings. WIll check tomorrow.
I've had my seat set to Auto heat for awhile now... My car had this option when I picked it up in March.
Sponsored